Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 05:31:10 am

Author Topic: Things that shit me  (Read 334055 times)  Share 

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
Re: Things that shit me
« Reply #135 on: September 28, 2017, 09:36:16 pm »
+6
When your teacher tells you they can't mark your practice essays because they have other things to do in the holidays...:(

This is surely fair enough.

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

emi87

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +18
« Reply #136 on: September 28, 2017, 09:37:47 pm »
+4
there sure are a lot of things that shit the AN community :D

S200

• Part of the furniture
  • Yeah well that happened...
  • Respect: +244
« Reply #137 on: September 28, 2017, 09:52:52 pm »
there sure are a lot of things that shit the AN community :D
Indeed there are, and I refer back to Heidi on page 9...
First world problems. ;)

I'm obviously being facetious because this whole thread is first world problems, but they do shit me sometimes when I get into a comparing mindset lol
100%...

But it's awesome to know how many people suffer from the same maladies as you...
Like how many people hate the sound of metal on metal
Carpe Vinum

\(\LaTeX\) - \(e^{\pi i }\)
#ThanksRui! - #Rui\(^2\) - #Jamon10000

5233718311 :D

Daniyahasan

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +20
« Reply #138 on: September 28, 2017, 09:58:05 pm »
When you do all youre homework (for once) and you forget it at home and youre teacher thinks youre lying when you tell her you did it
ATAR Goal 90

heids

• Supreme Stalker
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +1632
« Reply #139 on: September 28, 2017, 10:15:54 pm »
+2
Re. first world problems, it's so hard to find that balance... to some extent, you have to accept that your problems are valid and it's okay to be frustrated or upset by things, and yet you need to remember perspective, for your own happiness.

(And for people with severe problems, it's hard to endure people complaining about tiny things... not that comparison helps anyone haha)
VCE (2014): HHD, Bio, English, T&T, Methods

Uni (2021-24): Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash Clayton

Work: PCA in residential aged care

justwannawish

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +41
« Reply #140 on: September 28, 2017, 10:56:53 pm »
This is surely fair enough.

TBH I wouldn't mind if she didn't specifically tell us to email her through the holidays but then change her mind. But she's a sweetheart so I can't complain too much

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +1536
« Reply #141 on: September 28, 2017, 11:06:09 pm »
+5
TBH I wouldn't mind if she didn't specifically tell us to email her through the holidays but then change her mind. But she's a sweetheart so I can't complain too much

There is a massive difference between 'email me' (a.k.a ask a short question that wont take up too much of my time) vs. mark an entire practice essay which takes a significant amount of time. Teachers deserve a break (albeit short, we don't sit around and do nothing over the holidays) too.

I've had nearly a week off now and have spent majority of it either marking/planning for term 4/planning for next year. And I don't even teach Year 12.
Experience in teaching at both secondary and tertiary levels.

website // new forum profile

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +2877
« Reply #142 on: September 29, 2017, 12:35:01 am »
+12
Just saw something come up in my newsfeed about the Bachelorette. Had to log onto AN and write something in this thread about it haha.
More specifically, was a recap of the most recent (or one of the more recent) episodes, in which there was something called the "Man Games".

So like, the clips that were being shown were a planking contest, etc. - seemed to be quite physical stuff, and they were saying "only a real man can do blah" or whatever. Another thing was changing a tyre, and google also tells me they had to build flat pack furniture, and the two men who had proved themselves manly enough to make the manly finals had to build a fire.

Shits me up the wall that what is arguably a widely-watched show is perpetuating the stereotype that men need to be physically strong and muscly and do "manly", physical stuff. Like, why not have a challenge where they show their abilities to listen to their prospective partner's problems and their abilities to display compassion? Physical capabilities do not make the definition of a "man".

K888, I feel you'd appreciate this.
I feel those feels. I've actually taken to volunteering to clean the whiteboard in CBL each week to fix this issue haha.

justwannawish

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +41
« Reply #143 on: September 29, 2017, 07:41:44 am »
+2
There is a massive difference between 'email me' (a.k.a ask a short question that wont take up too much of my time) vs. mark an entire practice essay which takes a significant amount of time. Teachers deserve a break (albeit short, we don't sit around and do nothing over the holidays) too.

I've had nearly a week off now and have spent majority of it either marking/planning for term 4/planning for next year. And I don't even teach Year 12.

You're right ofc. I was just being self centred haha. She has better things to do than mark my rant about meaningful discoveries :) and needs this holiday to regenerate

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
« Reply #144 on: September 29, 2017, 07:52:32 am »
+7
Just saw something come up in my newsfeed about the Bachelorette. Had to log onto AN and write something in this thread about it haha.
More specifically, was a recap of the most recent (or one of the more recent) episodes, in which there was something called the "Man Games".

So like, the clips that were being shown were a planking contest, etc. - seemed to be quite physical stuff, and they were saying "only a real man can do blah" or whatever. Another thing was changing a tyre, and google also tells me they had to build flat pack furniture, and the two men who had proved themselves manly enough to make the manly finals had to build a fire.

Shits me up the wall that what is arguably a widely-watched show is perpetuating the stereotype that men need to be physically strong and muscly and do "manly", physical stuff. Like, why not have a challenge where they show their abilities to listen to their prospective partner's problems and their abilities to display compassion? Physical capabilities do not make the definition of a "man".

It realllly frustrates me aswell. she's saying that she doesn't want to be confined by female stereotypes (shouldn't swear, being 'presentable' etc.) yet she's happy to say that men should fit into her view of masculinity, she expects them to do all manual labour etc?? She shouldn't "have to call the brother in law" to do everything for her because she's an adult and she can learn these skills??

it's also quite frustrating that it encourages the perception that if you're female you cant do these tasks, and if you could, you wouldn't do it as well as a male could.

(I have family members who watch the show so I've seen bits and pieces, sorry if I got anything factually incorrect)

zofromuxo

• Forum Leader
  • Everything you want is on the other side of Fear
  • Respect: +203
« Reply #145 on: September 29, 2017, 04:56:58 pm »
+1
Public transport and their "public holiday" timetable.
I enjoy waiting 40+ minutes for my bus.
Jack of all trades, master of none.
Hence why i'm in all these different threads and boards.

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "A Bit of Chaos" (she/they)
  • Respect: +3589
« Reply #146 on: September 29, 2017, 05:00:56 pm »
Public transport and their "public holiday" timetable.
I enjoy waiting 40+ minutes for my bus.
:(
Public holiday timetables generally suck :)
2017-2019: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Formulation Science)
2020: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Honours) Read my uni journey here!

Daniyahasan

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #147 on: September 29, 2017, 05:30:14 pm »
when the maccas icecream machine isnt working (which is everytime its a hot af day )
ATAR Goal 90

Calebark

• biscuits of disappointment
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +2741
« Reply #148 on: September 29, 2017, 06:53:31 pm »
+7
Friends who consistently bail on plans less than an hour before said plans commence
🐢A turtle has flippers and a tortoise has clubs🐢

Daniyahasan

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #149 on: September 29, 2017, 06:55:19 pm »
+1
Friends who consistently bail on plans less than an hour before said plans commence

admitedly im one of those friends:/
ATAR Goal 90