Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 05:59:10 am

Author Topic: VCE Food Studies Exam Discussion + Solutions thread  (Read 3362 times)

MissSmiley

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +84
VCE Food Studies Exam Discussion + Solutions thread
« on: November 07, 2018, 03:43:40 pm »
+3
Hey everyone ! :)

Sorry mods + admins if I've created this thread in the wrong place, but this is just a place where VCE Food Studies people can discuss what they thought about today's exam! :)

Feel free to comment or it's totally fine if you're busy moving on to your next exam!

I'll start:

When I came out, I was really worried if my answers had good content words for like those agriculture chapters?? (all the sustainable production ones, biosecurity, etc?)
The 10 mark question was fair I thought, not too difficult. Although what did people say about the ethical concerns of GM? (took me a couple of minutes to recall these)
Also, I thought why on earth did I spend so much time studying the cooking theory (I mean the baking, stewing, steaming, all those things) + all the chemical reactions (maillard, coagulation, etc, etc)
I was really angry that nothing about this was on there!!!

This year I feel like surprisingly the multiple choice questions were harder than last year's as well! Does anyone feel the same?
I found the biodiversity one plus the selecting of animals one were really broad as well...
Also, the comfort eating was a difficult one. How does it lead to a healthy diet?

But according to the 2017 graded distribution, the A+ started at 76%...don't know about this year though...

Anyway, there's my rant haha, feel free to join in! :)

Good luck everyone!! Not long to go! :)

2017 : Further Maths [38]
2018 : English [45] ;English Language [43] ; Food Studies [47] ;French [33] ;Legal Studies [39]
VCE ATAR : 98.10
2019 - 2023 : Bachelor of Laws (Honours) and Bachelor of Arts at Monash University

I'm selling a huge electronic copy of  VCE English essays and resources document (with essays that have teacher feedback and marks) for $10. Feel free to PM me for details!

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
Re: VCE Food Studies Exam Discussion + Solutions thread
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2018, 03:57:24 pm »
+4
Awesome work on finishing! :D Have just moved this to the exam discussion boards - keen to hear how others found the exam!

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.