Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 10:31:53 am

Author Topic: Going into 3/4 without doing 1/2  (Read 704 times)  Share 

asdgadsfds

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Going into 3/4 without doing 1/2
« on: October 29, 2019, 05:47:19 pm »
Hello,

Midway through the year I was thinking about switching computing to literature, but decided against it as I had the option to drop the subject entirely, giving me more time to study for my worse and 3/4 subject. However, I am thinking about swapping into 3/4 lit for next year instead of chem, which I am performing poorly in and doing enjoy.

Is Unit 1/2 important for Unit 3/4 Literature?

I do well in English so I think I could pick it up, given that I put in some effort over the holidays, but I don’t know if it’d be a wise choice. Especially since it’s not something I’ve been exposed to before. Additionally, I’m already doing English and Philosophy next year and feel Lit may overload me with reading and work.

Any help appreciated, thanks!

hope.irons

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Re: Going into 3/4 without doing 1/2
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2019, 11:18:29 am »
I personally have done both years, however I do know people who have done 3/4 without 1/2 and done well.
You have to keep in mind that Lit is very different from English though.
If you are a dedicated and hard working student who is willing to put in extra time to enhance essentials skills that were initially planted as a foundation in 1/2 for 3/4, you can definitely do it. Just don't think it'll be easy  :P

colline

• MOTM: NOV 19
  • Forum Obsessive
  • ♡ 2 Timothy 1:7 ♡
  • Respect: +512
Re: Going into 3/4 without doing 1/2
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2019, 11:51:44 am »
+1
Hey there! I did literature 3/4 last year without 1/2, and got a 50. Not too sure whether 1/2 is useful has I don't have the experience of doing the subject, but it is definitely possible to do well without it. From your post, it sounds like you are already doing another English subject, which could also help (but just to reiterate hope.irons's point above, Literature is very different to mainstream English)

If you are thinking of jumping into 3/4 next year, I've made a list in this thread (Starting Unit 3&4 without 1&2 Help) on what sort of preparations you can do to maximise your chances of doing well in 3/4 lit without 1/2 which might be helpful.

Good luck!

VCE: Literature [50] Methods [50] Further [48] Chemistry [40] Biology [33]
2022: Bachelor of Science (Mathematical Economics) @ ANU