Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 05:47:27 pm

Author Topic: Traditional tutors hate us! Here's the new platform that's helping 2018 students  (Read 715 times)  Share 

24lover

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +6
    Hi everyone!

I'm Lisa. I've been tutoring English for 9 years and I'm the creator of Lisa's Study Guides website. I've privately tutored hundreds of students and thousands more by extension via my YouTube channel (many of whom have achieved study scores of 40+).

During my time teaching, I've learnt that the BIGGEST students frustrations are:
    • Being sick of waiting for feedback from teachers, only to get a generic response
    • Struggling to find the right tutor
    • Finding tutors too expensive and are looking for a cheaper alternate that still offers personalised help
    • Even when you find a tutor, they can't help you 24/7, so you're stuck waiting for your teacher feedback...only to get a generic, short, 2 sentence response when it's just too late

You vented. I listened. I wanted to find a way that helped solved all these problems.

I'd love to introduce to you Ladder Up, a platform where you can ask study questions on-demand and we connect you to top VCE English experts!

Is Ladder Up like tutoring?
- Ladder Up has tutoring fundamentals, like getting help from a VCE English expert.
- But, the best thing about Ladder Up is how there are no long-term commitments - you only ask questions when you need them
- We have a HUGE network of tutors. Tutors compete against each other for your question, which means you can choose the best tutor fit, at a cost that works for you!
- Quick turnaround - get your answers within hours if urgent
- Set your own fee, whether it's $5, $15, or $30. We've got guidelines to help you know how much help you're going to get for the price.

How does Ladder Up work? It's as easy as 1, 2, 3!
Step 1 -  Have a study-related question? Ask it.
Step 2 -  Set your budget, deadline, and medium (email, phone call or video call).
Step 3 - Any tutor can apply to answer your question. You choose the tutor who you like best!

If you don't have a question just yet, our knowledge database will no doubt be resourceful for your SACs and exams. Start checking them out! Here's what some students have previously asked:
I have a White Tiger essay. I’ve tried to answer the prompt but I’m not sure how I went...can you have a look for me?
What is the best way to structure a comparative essay?
Can you please help me mark my Complete Maus essay?
How should I structure my oral presentation?

If you have any questions at all, please ask :) I'm here to help!

[/list]
Lisa Tran
10+ years English tutor | I've helped thousands of students achieve their English goals, including many with 40+ study scores.

Founder of Lisa's Study Guides!