Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 05:37:05 pm

Author Topic: 99.90 ATAR - VCE Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics Tutoring  (Read 1589 times)  Share 

raphyy

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
99.90 ATAR - VCE Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics Tutoring
« on: March 16, 2018, 09:56:33 pm »
Hello! My name is Raph and I just finished year 12 in 2017, receiving an ATAR of 99.90. I am currently studying combined Medicine at the University of Melbourne as a Chancellor's Scholar. I am currently offering tutoring for year 12 students in:

- Mathematics

- Physics

- Chemistry

Why should you choose me as your tutor?

I know exactly what it takes to do well in the VCE. The VCE is a game, a game that has nothing to do with studying hard, but everything to do with studying smart by having an efficient and streamlined approach towards your exams and assessments (which is what my tutoring service has to offer for you).

Lesson structure:

In preparation for your exams, I focus on 3 things.

First is Understanding. Hence the first couple weeks will be spent making sure you gain a full understanding of the concepts being tested (we will go though dot point by dot point to make sure that everything that can be tested in the exam will be 100% understood by you).

Second is Memorisation. It is not enough to just understand. In order to ace your exams, you must all memorise all the rote-learning content (roughly 30% of the science courses). Thus, at the end of each lesson, I will provide you with the short and concise notes that I used for you to memorise. This is so that when the exam comes, you can recall, say, for a 5-marker ethanol question - 5 advantages of ethanol with speed without wasting time thinking or trying to remember, demonstrating complete understanding to your examiner.

Third is Practice. When we march closer towards your exam, we will begin past papers. This is for me to ensure that your responses are capable of attaining full marks, you aren't struggling with calculations or with time, and to help you adopt useful exam techniques.

By adopting an effective approach combined with consistent effort (20-30 minutes of daily studying for the subject), there's no reason why you shouldn't see drastic improvement. To illustrate my point, when I was in year 11, my ranks weren't great (I was even ranked in the 3 digits for maths and in the 60s for the sciences), but through trial and error, I managed to find an efficient study approach which worked well for me towards the end of year 12 and dragged my ranks up to the top. Now, having been in your shoes exactly 1 year ago, I'm teaching you that very same approach to save you from all the hassle that I went through and the risk I took on my way to finding it. Remember - study smart, not hard.

Contact

I am currently staying on campus at the University of Melbourne in Parkville, so I will be tutoring around the Carlton/Parkville area or the CBD. If you are interested, please contact me at 0452663122.

nineteenninetynine

• Fresh Poster
Re: 99.90 ATAR - VCE Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics Tutoring
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2018, 05:47:20 pm »
I have know Raph for two years and I have always been impressed by his unique approach to his studies.Not only has he developed incredibly strong study methods, he actively went out of his way during year 12 to help out other students. Having been an accelerated student in chemistry, Raph ran after school study groups which benefited our cohort immensely. I am sure that with his abilities and willingness to help others, Raph will be an outstanding tutor.

raphyy

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2018, 11:48:22 pm »
^Thanks WIlliam. Bump!

Lear

• MOTM: JUL 18
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +328
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2018, 03:46:07 pm »
Just to be clear did you study the VCE curriculum and do you have experience in it or no?
2018: ATAR: 99.35
Subjects
English: 44
Methods: 43
Further Maths: 50
Chemistry: 46
Legal: 40
2019: Bachelor of Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine @ Monash