Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 18, 2024, 04:19:51 pm

Author Topic: You have a 4hr gap, where will you study?  (Read 8736 times)  Share 

asa.hoshi

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +1
Re: You have a 4hr gap, where will you study?
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2009, 05:18:21 pm »
study at home.  Uni is for having fun! (And I only have like 3/4 'spare' hours at uni anyway)
hahaha. studying by yourself is boring! studying with people is more funnier! haha.

i might go and explore the ERC building~

I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SUMMER!!

Flaming_Arrow

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +16
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2009, 05:23:40 pm »
study at home.  Uni is for having fun! (And I only have like 3/4 'spare' hours at uni anyway)
hahaha. studying by yourself is boring! studying with people is more funnier! haha.

it's hard to study with friends tho, i end up talking more than i study
2010: Commerce @ UoM

QuantumJG

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Applied Mathematics Student at UoM
  • Respect: +82
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2009, 07:52:29 pm »

it's hard to study with friends tho, i end up talking more than i study

same here! But if I use the university's resources without any friends I can get a lot done.

I almost forgot: Bring an ipod with you when you enter the frank tate's computer section! The music is so annoying.
2008: Finished VCE

2009 - 2011: Bachelor of Science (Mathematical Physics)

2012 - 2014: Master of Science (Applied Mathematics/Mathematical Physics)

2016 - 2018: Master of Engineering (Civil)

Semester 1:[/b] Engineering Mechanics, Fluid Mechanics, Engineering Risk Analysis, Sustainable Infrastructure Engineering

Semester 2:[/b] Earth Processes for Engineering, Engineering Materials, Structural Theory and Design, Systems Modelling and Design

ReVeL

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +3
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2009, 08:02:11 pm »
Whilst I don't have any 4 hour breaks I unfortunately have two 2 hour breaks this semester, so I'll probably have to actually start studying at uni now. Will probably go Frank Tate I imagine.
||  2008 VCE Graduate  ||  BCom @ UoM [Accounting & Finance Majors] - Completing 3rd year  ||

asa.hoshi

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2009, 10:00:38 pm »
ive been at uni for 1.5 years... and i dunno even where frank tate is :S!
I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SUMMER!!

Edmund

• Dr. Ruler Snapper
  • Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +95
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2009, 10:15:12 pm »
I keep getting lost finding it.... Circled below:

2007-2008 VCE ATAR 90.15
2009-2011 BSc (Unimelb)
2012-2015 DDS (Unimelb)

Booksale: Drugs That Shape Society, Forests in a Global Context

champorado

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • f yeh.
  • Respect: +5
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2009, 10:26:11 pm »
ive been at uni for 1.5 years... and i dunno even where frank tate is :S!
I haven't been in there, but I always go past it when I'm running from Asia Centre to The Spot (or vice-versa).

lacoste

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2009, 10:29:36 pm »
uni sounds veryveeryvery fun and interesting, and a 4hr gap woah..... that would be exciting!

melb central would be boring after going lots of times to have lunch. its like a massive FREE PERIOD at school when teachers are away but you get 1 class at the end of schoool

Kopite

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2009, 10:57:28 pm »
lol! Just say you have a 4 hr gap in your timetable... where will you study?

There's plenty of great studying locations. Just like to know which ones are yours.

Whenever I have an hour or 2 gap, I usually go to ECR (engineering computer rooms) on the first floor of the old engineering building. I dunno why, but I like to be in front of a computer when I study. I know its not a good habit, but I'm just so used to it! But now I feel like finding a new studying location because ECR can be so freezing sometimes (colder than outside! cos they turn on the bloody air-conditioner! even in winter!). Preferably somewhere comfy, computer is not necessary, and not noisy.

Thanks ppls!

It's a bit of a walk, but the ICT building is awesome.

Always computers there, and nice and warm (studied there in build up to exams last sem cos it was nice and warm)

Edmund

• Dr. Ruler Snapper
  • Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2009, 11:50:47 pm »

There's plenty of great studying locations. Just like to know which ones are yours.

Whenever I have an hour or 2 gap, I usually go to ECR (engineering computer rooms) on the first floor of the old engineering building. I dunno why, but I like to be in front of a computer when I study. I know its not a good habit, but I'm just so used to it! But now I feel like finding a new studying location because ECR can be so freezing sometimes (colder than outside! cos they turn on the bloody air-conditioner! even in winter!). Preferably somewhere comfy, computer is not necessary, and not noisy.

Thanks ppls!

Always computers there, and nice and warm (studied there in build up to exams last sem cos it was nice and warm)
The computers are crap, and half of them are for IT students, that's why no one uses them... I spent 30 minutes trying to login to them =/
2007-2008 VCE ATAR 90.15
2009-2011 BSc (Unimelb)
2012-2015 DDS (Unimelb)

squance

« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2009, 10:31:27 am »
^^^
Not all of them are crap. :P

The computers that have the flatscreens are usually good :)

Kopite

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2009, 12:46:35 pm »

Thanks ppls!

The computers are crap, and half of them are for IT students, that's why no one uses them... I spent 30 minutes trying to login to them =/

How are they crap?? Surely you aren't going there to play games on them?

The reason why no-one uses them is because they're so far away. And just because it's in the ICT building doesn't mean it's solely for the use of IT students. It has engineering programs that I needed last semester.

Edmund

• Dr. Ruler Snapper
  • Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2009, 02:43:14 pm »

Thanks ppls!

How are they crap?? Surely you aren't going there to play games on them?

The reason why no-one uses them is because they're so far away. And just because it's in the ICT building doesn't mean it's solely for the use of IT students. It has engineering programs that I needed last semester.
I was in one of the computer rooms on the 2nd floor I think? I tried logging in into some, it says something like: 'You need to be a programming student to use this computer'.
2007-2008 VCE ATAR 90.15
2009-2011 BSc (Unimelb)
2012-2015 DDS (Unimelb)