Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 01:01:32 pm

Author Topic: Bio Prac Investigation  (Read 1045 times)  Share 

MLGityaJ^A

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2
Bio Prac Investigation
« on: July 30, 2017, 06:03:06 pm »
Hey guys, I'm looking for any pre-written pracs that anyone made for the Unit 4 Scientic Investigation, hmu pls

Quantum44

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +313
Re: Bio Prac Investigation
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2017, 06:14:08 pm »
+1
Hey guys, I'm looking for any pre-written pracs that anyone made for the Unit 4 Scientic Investigation, hmu pls

It's unlikely anyone will be willing to hand over their hard work for the sake of charity. Besides the obvious ethical issues, don't you think it could be beneficial to your study score to actually do the poster SAC? It's on the new study design for a reason.

Connect education have a great guide on their website on how to ace the poster SAC, which I found very useful when doing my chem investigation. Having done bio last year, I'd be happy to help if you have any specific queries.
UAdel MBBS

MLGityaJ^A

• Adventurer
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2017, 06:21:11 pm »
Oh sorry, it's just that I have already chosen my topic and did the actual practical already, just wanna see how people wrote up their Discussion bit, I'll check out Connect Education though, thanks for that!

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2017, 06:37:33 pm »
+2
I usually start off my discussions by making a statement addressing the hypothesis, and if/how/what extent it was supported by the results and explaining that. I comment on my data, its variaibilty, how it is supported by the theory and any outliers. I discuss the effect of extraneous variables, how I controlled variables, uncertainty, and improvements.

At the end I write a conclusion, which is a succinct statement responding to the aim.

MLGityaJ^A

• Adventurer
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2017, 06:43:47 pm »
The conclusion should also include whether the hypothesis is supported or not right?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 06:47:03 pm by MLGityaJ^A »