Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 08:21:00 pm

Author Topic: Visual arts appropriation and copyright  (Read 4190 times)  Share 

Beckster1973

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Visual arts appropriation and copyright
« on: February 28, 2021, 08:46:44 am »
Hi, Finding it confusing to work out if I need to obtain copyright permission for internet images used to inspire my BOW. My research has given me mixed messages. Can anyone provide some advice on what’s required or a credible source to find out?  Many thanks
« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 08:53:03 am by Beckster1973 »

angewina_naguen

• HSC Lecturer
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Musical Theatre Tragic And Ultimate Pun Generator
  • Respect: +1026
Re: Visual arts appropriation and copyright
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2021, 07:50:43 pm »
+4
Hi, Finding it confusing to work out if I need to obtain copyright permission for internet images used to inspire my BOW. My research has given me mixed messages. Can anyone provide some advice on what’s required or a credible source to find out?  Many thanks

Hey, Beckster1973!

Welcome to the forums  :D I think it depends on how you intend to use the images. If you are using them simply as inspiration, it's more than fine to just print out and paste them into your VAPD. However, if you're using the images themselves for or as part of the BOW, you might need to investigate further. This article about using Google Images is quite informative and might be helpful! I also thought this checklist might be of use since it gives you a breakdown of steps to figure out whether an image may or may not be copyrighted.

Whenever in doubt, it's always worth sending an email and trying to contact the closest person related to the image as you can. I definitely think it's better being safe than sorry in situations like this! Hope this helps and let me know if you have any further questions  :D

Angelina  ;D
-HSC 2018-

-ATAR-

-UNI 2019-2022-
Bachelor of Music (Music Education) at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music

Beckster1973

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Re: Visual arts appropriation and copyright
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2021, 06:57:52 am »
+2
Thanks so much that’s super helpful. Greatly appreciated 😊