Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 12:33:35 am

Author Topic: Japanese essay examples  (Read 18797 times)  Share 

Furbob

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • diagnosed with poo brain
  • Respect: +184
Japanese essay examples
« on: November 26, 2011, 09:53:18 am »
+1
This was originally Swarley's (swarlol) idea - please use this thread to post any past essays you have written for SACs, exam preparation etc

here are a few from past threads etc

Furbob

This is for VCAA 2009 Q12 - "the advantages and disadvantages about taking a gap year"

title: 一年間休むことのいい点とわるい点

私の同きゅう生は高校をそつぎょうした後で、一年間休むけいかくを立てています、私はその同きゅう生のけいかくについてかんがえてみました。そして、私はこの記事で大学に行く前に一年間休むことのいい点とわるい点について書こうと思います

いい点は、生徒はもっと自立するようになる点です。たとえば、ひまな時がたくさんあるので、仕事をさがしたり、自分の車や旅行のためにお金をためたり、自分のほしい物が買ったりできます。また、りょうしんのお金にたよらなくなるから、お金のいい使い方がなえるはずです。そして、仕事でまらったお金(rel clause)で、せかいの色々な国々を旅行するき会があれ、ほかの国々の文化やしゅうかんや人々の生活が見られます。自分の国以外のせかいをもっとりかいできるので、私はせかいの国々を旅行するのはいいと思います。だから、一年間休むことにしたら、大学で勉強している大学生より、自立して、ひとりで生活がおくれるようになるでしょう。

わるい点は、一年間休む学生は勉強におくれるかもしれない点です。たとえば、一年間勉強しない、大学でコースをとるやる気がうしなわれるかもしれません。また、もし大学に行きたくなくなったら、しょう来にいい仕事につくかのうせいが少なくなってしまうと思います。

一年間休むことは楽しそうですが、そうする前に、自分のしょう来のけいかくについてかんがえなければならないと思います。

たんご         green = VCE grammar

同きゅう生 = classmates
記事(きじ) = article
点(てん) = point
国以外(こくいがい) = outside the country
けいかく = plan
(に)たよる = to rely on
りかいする = to understand
やる気 = motivation
かのうせい = possibility
うしなわれる = to be lost

Devva[R]

Topic: トニーにVCEしけんを終えてから、ヨーロッパに旅行するかわりに、アーストラリアに旅行することをときふせてください。
Please persuade Tony to travel in Australia instead of Europe after VCE exams.

トニーへ
今日は。トニ(とに)ーがヨ(よ)ーロッパ(ろっぱ)に旅行(りょこう)したいと思(おも)っていることが分(わ)かった。でも、このメ(め)ール(る)の中(なか)で、何(なに)でア(あ)ーストラリア(すとらりあ)に旅行した方が楽しいか説明する。始める前に言いたいことが一つある。ヨーロッパに旅行することにはいい点があるんだけど、私はオーストラリアに旅行した方がいいと思う。

まずは旅行(りょこう)する費用(ひよう)だ。ヨ (よ)ーロッパ(ろっぱ)に旅行(りょこう)することはオ(お)ーストラリア(すとらりあ)よりたくさんお金(かね)かかる。オ(お)ーストラリア(すとらりあ)にまだいるから、切符(きっぷ)を買(か)う必要(ひつよう)がないんだ。それに、食べ物とかの費用はヨーロッパではオーストラリアと比べて、とっても高い。今年、勉強で忙しくなるので、私たちはアルバイトをしていなくて、あまりお金を持っていない。

次(つぎ)は天気(てんき) だ。トニ(とに)ーが「冬(ふゆ)が大嫌(だいきら)いだ」と言(い)っただろう。もちろん、冬(ふゆ)が大嫌(だいきら)いなら、2月(がつ)にヨ (よ)ーロッパに行くのがあまり好きじゃない。なぜなら、12月(がつ)にヨ(よ)ーロッパ(ろっぱ)に行(い)ったら、ヨ(よ)ーロッパ(ろっぱ)は冬中(ふゆなか)ですごく寒(さむ)いから。

そのような理由(りゆう)でなぜオ(お)ーストラリア(すとらりあ)に旅行(りょこう)した方(ほう)がいいか分(わ)かるかもしれない。ちょっと考(かんが)えてください。
                            ロバート

kenoy
VCAA 2008, q 25: YOur Japanese class is preparing a debate entitled "The advantages and disdvantages of part time jobs during VCE years'. You have researched this topic. Write an evaluative report on this topic.

Swarley - your essay links didn't work when I was trying to scout for them, they came up with 404 not found so feel free to repost them here?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 10:03:37 am by Furbob »
2011 : English | Accounting | MM CAS | Further | Japanese | MUEP Japanese
2012 : BA(Japanese&Chinese)/BComm @ Monash Clayton

kensan

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Do you even lift?
  • Respect: +20
  • School: L.C.
  • School Grad Year: 2012
Re: Japanese essay examples
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, 08:47:01 pm »
Noooo! I already threw all my other ones out. I have my Oral exam on a word document thought, want me to upload that?
2013: BSc at UoM

Furbob

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2011, 10:17:37 am »
anything will do really - as long as it helps out the 2012 crew?

dc302

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +53
  • School: Melbourne High School
  • School Grad Year: 2009
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2011, 01:04:42 pm »
Hi Furbob, was your first essay corrected? It has a few errors/things you wouldn't say in it. I could point them out if you like.
2012-2015 - Doctor of Medicine (MD) @ UniMelb
2010-2011 - Bachelor of Science (BSc) majoring in Pure Mathematics @ UniMelb
2009 - VCE [99.70] -- Eng [43] - Methods [44] - Chem [44] - JapSL [45] - Spesh [45] - MUEP Jap [5.5]

Furbob

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2011, 07:12:12 pm »
sure, go for it~

dc302

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +53
  • School: Melbourne High School
  • School Grad Year: 2009
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2011, 08:28:04 pm »
+1
At first you say ‘my classmate has plans for a gap year, but I was thinking about it’, the but should probably be a so or because (ie. から).

Jibun no hoshii mono ga kattari dekimasu --> mono wo

Your comment about ‘because you don’t have to rely on your parents money, you should be able to learn(?) (I think u mean naraeru right?) a good way of using money’—I understand this but I don’t think it’s clear
Maybe: 両親のお金に頼らなくなるから、お金を貰うために、自分で仕事するのはどのぐらい大変かと分かります/分かるようになります。そして、お金のいい使い方も考え出せます。

And I’m pretty sure you can’t say ‘benkyou ga okureru’, okureru is used for being late to an event.

The term ‘yaruki’ is from the verb ‘yaru’, so you can’t have toru-yaruki together. You could say ‘toruki’ but I think that’s a bit informal.

Overall it is a good essay, but also a few pointers:

- better than iiten and waruiten, you can use 長所(ちょうしょ) and 短所(たんしょ)
- the structure of the essay is a bit rigit. Instead of starting with iiten, listing, and then saying waruiten, try and vary your language use. For example, instead of starting with ‘waruitenwa’… etc, try: ‘もちろん、一年間休むことにわいい点ばかりなわけがなく、悪い点もあります。例えば、’ or ‘この点しか考えないと、一年間休むことはいいアイディアに見えるが、長所だけでなく、短所もあります。例えば、’ These two also give a few extra grammar types.
- your overall contention seems a bit vague since you seem to strongly support having a gap year, but in the end you seem neutral

edit: and oh I should say if anyone is in much doubt or curious, I've done up to and including 3rd year japanese (equiv of monash 9-10), and of course I watch anime (clearly this is the single best indication of my skill right? ;) ) so I'm somewhat decent at the language.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 08:30:05 pm by dc302 »
2012-2015 - Doctor of Medicine (MD) @ UniMelb
2010-2011 - Bachelor of Science (BSc) majoring in Pure Mathematics @ UniMelb
2009 - VCE [99.70] -- Eng [43] - Methods [44] - Chem [44] - JapSL [45] - Spesh [45] - MUEP Jap [5.5]

kensan

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Do you even lift?
  • Respect: +20
  • School: L.C.
  • School Grad Year: 2012
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2011, 07:42:23 pm »
+1
2013: BSc at UoM

whatynot

• Victorian
  • Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
  • School: Mazenod
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2012, 09:16:31 pm »

The term ‘yaruki’ is from the verb ‘yaru’, so you can’t have toru-yaruki together. You could say ‘toruki’ but I think that’s a bit informal.

Does that mean you just add 気 to the end of your verbs to make it "motivation to [verb]" ?

Slideways

• Victorian
  • Fresh Poster
  • School: Mazenod College
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2012, 10:04:14 pm »
yo, what's up Tony!

sonnypls

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2017, 10:12:31 pm »
+3
Hey there's a typo in the persuade Tony to come to Australia

何でア(あ)ーストラリア(すとらりあ)に旅行した方が楽しいか説明する

should be オーストラリア

Hibuki

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2020, 10:09:04 pm »
+2
I'm not sure if this will be helpful, but this was my essay on treatment of autisic people in Japanese society for my personal project. It ended up getting full marks, however there is a lot of complex vocab in here. The grammar should be useful though if you want to go the extra length.

自閉スペクトラム症の人が何人いるかを知っていますか? 最近の調査では子供の約20~50人に1人が自閉スペクトラム症と診断されるとも言われています。 今日は、この記事で自閉スペクトラム症の人への支援や、支援に関する問題点について書こうと思います。

日本では子供の発達に気になる点がある場合、自治体の発達相談の窓口や医療機関などで相談することができます。また、医療手帳が取得できれば、地域によって税金の優遇措置や公共料金の割引などのサービスが受けれます。「スマイルナビゲーター」という子供の自閉スペクトラム症について解説しているウェッブサイトによると、学校でも希望があれば支援を受けることが出来るそうです。例えば、通常の学級での授業が適している子供には、個別の学習支援員の配置など、その子供の障害の程度や教育ニーズによって可能な限りの配慮が提供され、また、個別性を必要としている子供に対しては特別支援学級もあるそうです。

自閉症スペクトラム障害には、アスペルガー症候群などの知的な遅れや言葉の遅れがあまり見られないため、障害が見過ごされやすくなり、結果的に診断しぶりや支援の遅れといった問題にもつながっています。また、ある記事「知的障害者家族が 抱くスティグマ感」によると、利用者側である知的障害者およびその家族からみると、諸制度の利用や活用に関しては「スティグマ感」という大きな障壁があり、その利用をためらっている人や拒否している人がいるとあります。齊藤万比古先生のインタビューによると、診断しぶりや支援の遅れといった問題とこのスティグマ感により、結果的に受けるべき支援を受けられず、ひきこもりやうつなど二次的な障害に繋がる可能性があるそうです。

結論として、私が考える自閉スペクトラム症の人に対する支援の問題点は、支援の有無なのではなく、その当事者もしくはその家族が抱えるスティグマ感によって提供されている支援を十分に活用もしくは、全く受けられていないという点である。