Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 25, 2024, 03:14:25 am

Author Topic: Hows everyone finding Physics 3/4?  (Read 3870 times)  Share 

Rod

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • The harder the battle, the sweeter the victory
  • Respect: +101
Re: Hows everyone finding Physics 3/4?
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2014, 11:48:50 pm »
Loving physics so far, but finding some motion exam style questions hard. None of the SACs we've done are exam based either, so even if I did well in them they won't help my for the exam. A bit stressed out, going to try and start practise exams early because of this.

But the subject is aweeesomeeeeee :).
2013-2014:| VCE
2015-2018:| Bachelor of Science (Neuroscience) @ UoM
2019-X:| Doctor of Dental Surgery (discontinued)
2019 -2021:| Master of Physiotherapy

Currently: Physiotherapist working at a musculoskeletal clinic. Back pain, sore neck, headaches or any other pain limiting your study? Give me a PM (although please do see your personal health professional first!)

Any questions related to pathways towards studying dentistry or physiotherapy? Gimmi a PM!

Einstein

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2014, 09:12:12 am »
exactly the same here.

I get homework for chemistry , methods etc and I'm like agh homework and i do it.

if i get physics homework, its not right, waste of time for nothing, doesn't feel normal ahha.

I find it hard to understand, in class I'm just staring blankly at the teacher - the only physics teacher -> Year 12 physics teacher if i continue

Rod

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2014, 09:40:12 am »
Physic's isn't a prereq for anything I guess, so it's okay to have it in your bottom four. But you should still work hard to get a good score, the course is so small and instead of memorizing formulas, if you try to understand the concepts behind the formulas/learn how to derive those formulas it's actually interesting.

Currently: Physiotherapist working at a musculoskeletal clinic. Back pain, sore neck, headaches or any other pain limiting your study? Give me a PM (although please do see your personal health professional first!)

Any questions related to pathways towards studying dentistry or physiotherapy? Gimmi a PM!

Yacoubb

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2014, 09:48:08 am »
+1
Physic's isn't a prereq for anything I guess, so it's okay to have it in your bottom four. But you should still work hard to get a good score, the course is so small and instead of memorizing formulas, if you try to understand the concepts behind the formulas/learn how to derive those formulas it's actually interesting.

That's what I'm doing. The other areas of study are SO easy compared to motion. I'm taking advantage of this and so I'm still going to try and get a good score. I'm probably just aiming for a 40-ish.

Edward Elric

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +13
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2014, 12:02:40 pm »
I know Its only semester 1 but Im finding the subject very boring and I have no motivation to do well in it, do you guys think that I should drop it, or continue it and try to get a 30 study score?

Einstein

« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2014, 02:53:25 pm »
upto you. I would personally drop it to do well in the others, but then again, do you think if you drop it you will make up 30 SS points in other subjects?

Edward Elric

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +13
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2014, 04:22:16 pm »
upto you. I would personally drop it to do well in the others, but then again, do you think if you drop it you will make up 30 SS points in other subjects?

Im sure I can raise one of my top 4 subjects by 1 or 2 ss then that would far exceed getting a 30 for physics as a 10%. Do you agree? Plus i get an extra free period, which I get so much done in :)

Einstein

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2014, 04:57:11 pm »
Thats true, i would do the same. But be sure you've thought about the pros and cons of dropping it.

Rod

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2014, 09:43:41 pm »
Don't drop it imo, an extra 10% will come in handy. Just don't concentrate on it as much as your other subjects..

Saikyo

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
  • School: SCHS
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2014, 11:04:53 pm »
finding it really boring LOL. Do anyone of u use jacaranda physics? the book is atrocious imo.

Yacoubb

« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2014, 11:59:46 pm »
finding it really boring LOL. Do anyone of u use jacaranda physics? the book is atrocious imo.

Yeah I really hate the Jacaranda textbook. I'm really relying on supplementary resources that my teacher is giving us. With checkpoints, Chap review qs from other, better textbooks and a good set of notes, I'd say I'm getting through it.

The thing with Physics is that I'm really just doing it for what it's worth. I do believe that it's quite a straightforward subject once you have wrapped your head around all the topics/concepts. For instance, Electronics and Photonics is quite straightforward.

I'm hoping to finish the entire Physics VCAA course by mid term 3, and try and do as many practice exams as possible hahaha. Does anyone know what the best practice exams are to complete?

Rod

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2014, 03:57:09 pm »
. Does anyone know what the best practice exams are to complete?
I made a thread, nobody answered my question ;'(

PB

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Hi!
  • Respect: +16
  • School: Class of 2018: Griffith BOHDS II
  • School Grad Year: 2013
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2014, 05:35:25 pm »
+1
I have just replied on Rod's post Yacoubb
Physics:50 (Premier's)

ATAR: 99.55

Selling my neat, concise cheatsheet for only $15! Has got extra shortcut formulas which you can get nowhere else, and includes vital watchouts for the exam!

Yacoubb

« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2014, 07:58:16 pm »
I have just replied on Rod's post Yacoubb

Thanks!