Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 01:54:26 pm

Author Topic: Monash General Chat  (Read 1421215 times)  Share 

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
Re: Monash General Chat
« Reply #5235 on: July 15, 2017, 12:16:56 am »
when would subjects be uploaded to moodle? I'm thinking next monday maybe :P

AngelWings

• ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +1425
« Reply #5236 on: July 15, 2017, 11:26:46 pm »
+4
when would subjects be uploaded to moodle? I'm thinking next monday maybe :P
One of mine are up already. Usually they arrive close to semester, like 2-3 days before beginning, but it depends on the unit coordinator. Most unit guides are up already though, so you can certainly check those out.

*pokes head out from the darkness* Good luck for semester results folks, hope you've all done amazing :)

While I didn't get any results (do I ever?), I was lucky enough, this morning, to score an intern doctor job offer for next year in one of the most competitive hospitals in Melbourne. All of this despite entering my course knowing (and being reminded in my first lecture by my peers) that I was one of the bottom students. Now I don't say this to toot my own horn, but I say this because I really do think that this is a testament to the fact that ATARs and UMATs and other such acronyms don't matter after VTAC spits you an offer.

To any school leavers perusing these threads out of procrastination or whatever else, my advice is this: uni really is a blank canvas and you can paint your future however you please. I know, because I've been there, that it may sound hard to back yourself when you're in awe surrounded by all these "VCE beasts" and you feel like you don't really deserve to be in their illustrious company - but keep pushing. Don't give up and don't ever think back to what happened in school. Only look towards the light at the end of the tunnel, never the darkness behind you. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. You've got this.
Needed this motivation so much. Thanks Pi and congrats!

Side Note: I'll be travelling interstate for the coming week thanks to something I applied through uni. I suppose it's one last hurrah before Semester 2 begins. Since what I'll be doing is nowhere near genetics, this'll be a good chance to become more diverse. :)
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
« Reply #5237 on: July 17, 2017, 04:26:58 pm »
+5
Most units have been uploaded to moodle today :)

knightrider

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #5238 on: July 19, 2017, 09:39:17 pm »
When do old units that you did(from sem 1) get taken off from moodle, does anyone have any idea?

Thanks  :)

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
« Reply #5239 on: July 19, 2017, 09:41:49 pm »
+1
When do old units that you did(from sem 1) get taken off from moodle, does anyone have any idea?

Thanks  :)
I think that it happens well into semester.
Well at least that is what happened last year with MUEP stuff but actual uni might be different.
:)

knightrider

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #5240 on: July 19, 2017, 11:00:18 pm »
I think that it happens well into semester.
Well at least that is what happened last year with MUEP stuff but actual uni might be different.
:)

Okay thanks Sine :D

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
« Reply #5241 on: July 23, 2017, 01:47:39 pm »
+3
good luck for everyone starting uni tomorrow :)

How is everyone feeling?

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "A Bit of Chaos" (she/they)
  • Respect: +3589
« Reply #5242 on: July 23, 2017, 01:54:19 pm »
+2

How is everyone feeling?
I'm feeling so unprepared rn. But then again not my fault nearly all my units' moodle stuff wasn't completely up before Friday night.
(Actually one of my units still has an empty moodle page rip)
2017-2019: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Formulation Science)
2020: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Honours) Read my uni journey here!

Coffee

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +322
« Reply #5243 on: July 23, 2017, 02:01:58 pm »
+5

How is everyone feeling?
I'm pretty excited. I've enjoyed the holidays but I'm also looking forward to getting back into the swing of things.

I'm feeling relatively prepared. I've written down all my assessments for the semester and I've also started some readings as well. I've also booked an appointment with Monash Abroad which is exciting! ;D

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
« Reply #5244 on: July 23, 2017, 02:09:33 pm »
+3
all my units are up but for all my core biomed units none of the lectures are up :p so haven't had much of a chance to prepare

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +2877
« Reply #5245 on: July 23, 2017, 02:28:09 pm »
+5
I'm pretty excited. I've enjoyed the holidays but I'm also looking forward to getting back into the swing of things.

I'm feeling relatively prepared. I've written down all my assessments for the semester and I've also started some readings as well. I've also booked an appointment with Monash Abroad which is exciting! ;D
Coffee, you are #goals.

I guess I'm gonna have to do prep for all my lectures tomorrow and try to start getting prepared for the semester (will this actually happen? Who knows). I was super keen to go back last week, but now, not so much. I think adjusting back to early starts is gonna be really tough this coming week, but the one thing I'm looking forward to is anatomy - looking at upper limb will be a nice change to seeing legs 24/7 :)

I really need to start properly using my diary/planner - I have these periods of a few weeks where I use it, but then drop off. It's really inconsistent and I don't like it. Tempted to try out something new but it's already past halfway through the year so I think that'll have to wait for next year. I'm thinking for this semester I'll print out some big calendars so I can plot out assessments and all that, but we'll see.

Joseph9631

• Adventurer
« Reply #5246 on: July 25, 2017, 10:02:31 pm »
Hey guys,

Has anyone done the unit BIO1042? I was interested in doing it, but I'm trying to pick between PSY1022 and BIO1042. Which would be easier? I'd like to boost my WAM a bit :P

Coffee

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +322
« Reply #5247 on: August 12, 2017, 01:07:20 pm »
+2
Planning to submit Special Consideration forms on Monday and I've noticed Section C is to be completed by your lecturer/tutor. Am I supposed to take the forms to them and get them to complete it before I submit it to the faculty? Or do they complete it after the faculty approves it?

shineeamelia

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #5248 on: August 15, 2017, 06:35:17 pm »
Hey guys,
I'm planning to audition for the Bachelor of Music in the Classical voice stream as a way to do a Choral major. I have done choral singing since I was 6 but only started private lessons last year and so my technique is not super advanced. I was wondering how hard it is to be accepted into this course and any advice for the audition?  :)

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
« Reply #5249 on: August 27, 2017, 10:43:04 pm »
+1
For anyone who has done BMS1052 in the past, how did you guys find the Mid Semester Tests in terms of difficulty and content asessed?

I got mine this week  :D