Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 09:34:01 am

Author Topic: Anyone else watching the by-election results come in?  (Read 4073 times)  Share 

keltingmeith

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • he/him - they is also fine
  • Respect: +1292
Anyone else watching the by-election results come in?
« on: July 04, 2020, 10:08:58 pm »
+3
Staying up with my housemate waiting for them to just call a win for Labor, but now it's looking a bit scary for the ALP. Anyone else watching?

Jimmmy

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +154
Re: Anyone else watching the by-election results come in?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2020, 10:20:42 pm »
+3
Currently tracking.

Doesn't look great for Labor. Even if they scrounge a victory, looks like preferences might be what carries then.
2018 - 2019 (VCE): English Language, Maths Methods, Legal Studies, Global Politics, Business Management (2018), Philosophy
2020 - 2024: Bachelor of Laws (Honours)/Bachelor of Commerce @ Monash University

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Respect: +2103
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2020, 10:21:33 pm »
+2
Not watching but keeping an eye on the results. Looked to be extremely close but there seems to be a wider gap now (at least for the TPP numbers).

keltingmeith

• Honorary Moderator
  • he/him - they is also fine
  • Respect: +1292
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2020, 10:28:45 pm »
+2
Currently tracking.

Doesn't look great for Labor. Even if they scrounge a victory, looks like preferences might be what carries then.

Tbf, that's nothing new - it's definitely pretty normal for them to have to rely on preferences. Particularly with the Greens taking the more left voters

I'm more interested in this debate - may be bias speaking, but damn this Liberal MP is starting to piss me off. I feel that the Labor MP is trying to keep things civil, but damn is the other one taking any opportunity she can to make fun of Anthony Albanese

Jimmmy

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +154
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2020, 12:28:29 am »
Tbf, that's nothing new - it's definitely pretty normal for them to have to rely on preferences. Particularly with the Greens taking the more left voters

I'm more interested in this debate - may be bias speaking, but damn this Liberal MP is starting to piss me off. I feel that the Labor MP is trying to keep things civil, but damn is the other one taking any opportunity she can to make fun of Anthony Albanese
Yeah I agree on both points. I only mentioned the preferences bit because Mike Kelly had won the last few Eden-Monaro elections without them.
2018 - 2019 (VCE): English Language, Maths Methods, Legal Studies, Global Politics, Business Management (2018), Philosophy
2020 - 2024: Bachelor of Laws (Honours)/Bachelor of Commerce @ Monash University