Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 08:40:52 pm

Author Topic: Am I on the right track?! (Term 4 and HY results)  (Read 1194 times)

adelaidecruz

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +2
Am I on the right track?! (Term 4 and HY results)
« on: April 26, 2017, 09:13:05 pm »
Hey guys so I just got my report for the first two terms and im honestly worried if a decent ATAR (think high 80s to low 90s) would still be feasible. Or it's probs just me overthinking idk anyways here are my ranks:

English Standard - 2/184
French Beginners - 3/14
Biology - 6/102
2U Maths - 38/104
Chemistry - 22/67 >:|

School rank = ~300

Much appreciated!
ATAR: 93.35
HSC 2017 - English Standard (94 - 11th in NSW) | Biology (92) | Chemistry (82) | Mathematics (83) | French Beginners (91)
2018-2022: B Sci (Physiology) / M Nursing @ USyd

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: Am I on the right track?! (Term 4 and HY results)
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2017, 09:18:14 pm »
+1
Hey guys so I just got my report for the first two terms and im honestly worried if a decent ATAR (think high 80s to low 90s) would still be feasible. Or it's probs just me overthinking idk anyways here are my ranks:

English Standard - 2/184
French Beginners - 3/14
Biology - 6/102
2U Maths - 38/104

School rank = ~300

Much appreciated!

Hey, welcome to the forums adelaidecruz! ;D

Absolutely you can still get that sort of mark! Your ranks seem solid, and marks this early on definitely don't make or break you!

You should give this a read to see what I mean!

But you are definitely still on track my friend, work on pulling up your results for Math/Chem and that score is well within your reach :)

Maraos

• Trendsetter
  • Atar Notes = Productive procrastination.... right?
  • Respect: +27
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2017, 09:20:21 pm »
+1

English Standard - 2/184
French Beginners - 3/14
Biology - 6/102
2U Maths - 38/104

School rank = ~300

Much appreciated!
Personally I would say that it is way to earlier to determine your ATAR (you won't be able to calculate it anyway since no calculator is 100% accurate). You still have trials, possibly even a task 3 exam and your HSC.
From experience, there were guys in my accelerated maths class who went really bad in the half yearlies dropped from top 10 rank to about top 35 in the year and still got a band 6 90+ mark.

The trials are worth alot in-terms of internals and can have a large impact on school rankings, and even if you don't go so well in them you still have your HSC which is worth half your mark! (alot of people think its over once their trials are over... Your cohort still needs to perform well in the HSC)

Honestly I wouldn't be concerned at this point, focus on what you need to improve and go over your mistakes and feedback from teachers. :D
2016 HSC:
Mathematics
(1 down 6 to go... :D)

2017 HSC:
Physics
Extension 1 Mathematics
Design and Technology
Ancient History
History Extension
English Advanced

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "Hey little fighter, soon it will be brighter."
  • Respect: +970
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2017, 04:35:08 am »

English Standard - 2/184
French Beginners - 3/14
Biology - 6/102
2U Maths - 38/104

School rank = ~300

Much appreciated!

If you look at the feedback from these exams and take it on board - surely you can only improve from here! You're in a good position now but you have assignments and trials yet, see this as an opportunity to keep improving!

As Jamon said, you're early on, but you've given yourself solid foundations! :)
Not sure how to navigate around ATAR Notes? Check out this video!