Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 01:21:43 am

Author Topic: VCE Creative Digital Media  (Read 5834 times)  Share 

ShingoDingo

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
VCE Creative Digital Media
« on: October 10, 2017, 11:18:45 am »
Hey all!
I'm taking VCE Creative Digital Media (name changed for 2017) and I'm freaking out. The exams fast approaching and my teacher knows absolutely nothing. She'll straight up avoid any questions I ask her simply because she doesn't have the ability to answer them. It doesn't help that the Units 1&2 class is combined with the Units 3&4 class, and she seems to give priority to the 1&2 students over the 3&4 students. But generally I'm the one that ends up teaching the class because my teacher is simply unable to.

I've been doing practice exams as much as I can and I'm passing....yeah that's about it. I know very little of the course work and I feel like I've wasted a whole year because everything I was taught isn't really relevant to the study design. I don 't know where to find what I need to learn, most of the resources I've found are locked behind a paywall and it's infuriating.

Is anyone taking this course and able to help a kid out? I really don't want to flunk Games Design, but right now if I pass it'll only be barely. I know nobody has posted in this board for like 3 years, so hopefully I'm reviving it a little.

Brittank88

• Adventurer
Re: VCE Creative Digital Media
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 06:02:28 pm »
+1
Hi there :D

A shame that the year has gone for you how you've explained it :'(

I'll give you all the resources I can (I've got some glossaries and trial exams):
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7ydOFE1sCthVlRuN1VKMGNsYzQ

Note: For the trial exam, assets for the Flash animation are within the .fla file (in the library section when you open Flash Professional / Animate).

What I have isn't the best, because it's just what we did in class, but our teacher does know what he's doing, and what he gives us is usually good study material.

Hope this helps  ;D

P.S. Glad to know another IDM 3&4 student here!

ShingoDingo

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2017, 09:33:13 am »
There's someone else out there!  ;D

Thank you so much! These notes are life saving. I seriously can't thank you enough
Yeah the year was rough haha, the sac's I was doing felt so loosely tied to the exam information that I don't feel prepared at all. I did a character design sac, then an animation sac, and now I'm coding a website. Which I now know covers the exam topics, but still, the information supplied by my course isn't too in depth. I mean all of year 11 in this course was actually making a game in Unreal Engine, and none of it applied to the exam whatsoever. Then year 12 of the course, they dump it all on you fresh and expect you to remember it. Not my ideal way of learning  :'(

But back on track, I've been going through these notes and they are awesome, thank you so much  :D

Brittank88

• Adventurer
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2017, 08:35:12 am »
You're welcome, glad I was able to help out!

Good luck :D

P.S. What the!? You guys spent Year 11 making a game in Unreal? xD That is so off the course.