Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 17, 2024, 09:08:19 am

Author Topic: AN TV show discussion and recommendations!  (Read 38876 times)

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
Re: AN TV show discussion and recommendations!
« Reply #90 on: March 18, 2020, 11:02:21 pm »
+5
"Community" is coming to Netflix on the 1st of April. One of the best TV series made imo (especially seasons 1-4). I recently rewatched it around December last year so probably won't be watching myself :P

Anyone else's thoughts on it?

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "A Bit of Chaos" (she/they)
  • Respect: +3589
« Reply #91 on: March 28, 2020, 03:54:11 pm »
+5
Finally caved and got Netflix recently; decided to start binging Kath and Kim. Definitely worth it 😂
2017-2019: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Formulation Science)
2020: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Honours) Read my uni journey here!

J_Rho

• MOTM: MARCH 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +756
« Reply #92 on: March 28, 2020, 04:41:24 pm »
+5
I told myself i wouldn't watch "You" but then promptly decided I had to watch it and IMO its good, I think its cause its very different to like literally everything else on Netflix (is Dexter on Netflix??) I haven't finished season 2 which is what i'll be doing tonight  8)
— VCE —
English 30, Further Maths 33, Biology 33, Legal Studies 27, Psychology 32

— University —
Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash
Bachelor of Counselling & Psychological Science @ ACAP

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
« Reply #93 on: April 01, 2020, 04:51:20 pm »
+1
I told myself i wouldn't watch "You" but then promptly decided I had to watch it and IMO its good, I think its cause its very different to like literally everything else on Netflix (is Dexter on Netflix??) I haven't finished season 2 which is what i'll be doing tonight  8)
How did you find it? I watched both seasons when they came out and found it to be some of the best stuff on Netflix. Also i don't think Dexter is on netflix.

Also, I know most people use Netflix but I also got Stan recently has anyone had any experience with this? Any recommendations?

J_Rho

• Forum Leader
« Reply #94 on: April 01, 2020, 04:59:13 pm »
+2
How did you find it? I watched both seasons when they came out and found it to be some of the best stuff on Netflix. Also i don't think Dexter is on netflix.

Also, I know most people use Netflix but I also got Stan recently has anyone had any experience with this? Any recommendations?

I actually loved it so much! I think it was because the plot was different but also it's written and done so well!! Honestly so keen for season 3  8)
— VCE —

— University —

angewina_naguen

• HSC Lecturer
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Musical Theatre Tragic And Ultimate Pun Generator
  • Respect: +1026
« Reply #95 on: April 21, 2020, 01:41:29 pm »
+6
Bit of a longer post for this thread but I'm really passionate about this show and feel like everyone needs to give it a go  ;D I don't know how many of you all are anime enthusiasts but I would love to recommend Haikyuu! My younger sister is the biggest otaku I know and our deal has always been whenever I agree to watch an anime with her, she watches a cartoon series with me (and vice versa). Our most recent trade-off has been Amphibia for Haikyuu and now I'm obsessed with this anime for many reasons.

I think my favourite highlights about it, if I were to pick two, would be firstly the way the anime champions sportsmanship. There are no "villains" or "bad guys", which is quite progressive for sports animes, and it instead looks more at fostering healthy rivalries and competition that encourage growth, rather than envy or resentment. It also does a fantastic job at addressing some experiences that are critical to being in sports that I find really refreshing, including the frustration but also driving motivations that grow out of losing, the responsibilities captains, as well as each individual player, may feel and the friendships that are made across schools. It doesn't shy away from heavier topics such as egocentrism, self-deprecation and burnout, dealing with them in a way that is sensitive and meaningful. All of these combine to illustrate a version of sportsmanship that aligns closely with my own.

My other favourite part of the show is how you don't have to know anything about volleyball to enjoy it. There are characters included in the show who ask the questions you're probably wondering and others that do just that. While these can be explained quite quickly, they always have playbacks in true shounen anime style so you can see it in action again now knowing what was going on. I came in with next to no knowledge of volleyball but can now understand what's going on most of the time and really enjoy watching it.

Hopefully this convinces anyone who might be feeling a bit of quarantine blues to try it out  ;D I don't usually talk about anime and people often get surprised when I mention that I do watch a lot of it so I'm hoping it lives up to the hype I'm giving it here!

-HSC 2018-

-ATAR-

-UNI 2019-2022-
Bachelor of Music (Music Education) at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #96 on: April 25, 2020, 07:44:11 pm »
+2
I'm finding Witcher, Kath & Kim and Diagnosis Murder to be such good iso watching at the mo, what is everyone else watching? ^-^

J_Rho

• Forum Leader
« Reply #97 on: April 25, 2020, 07:50:27 pm »
+3
I'm finding Witcher, Kath & Kim and Diagnosis Murder to be such good iso watching at the mo, what is everyone else watching? ^-^
Rewatching Broadchurch on SBS on demand. It's my fav series, and rewatching it I forgot how much I LOOOOVED it
https://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/program/broadchurch
— VCE —

— University —

beatroot

• HSC LECTURER
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +1566
« Reply #98 on: April 25, 2020, 07:55:00 pm »
+5
Rewatching Broadchurch on SBS on demand. It's my fav series, and rewatching it I forgot how much I LOOOOVED it
https://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/program/broadchurch

Broadchurch is one of my favourite tv shows! I’m in love with the writing, the acting, its cinematography, the score and more. I was really upset when they took it off Netflix but nice knowing that it’s available on SBS.

Also currently watching Atypical! So far it’s good but heard it gets better in Seasons 2 and 3 :)
Which will hold greater rule over you? Your fear or your curiosity?

Please note that I am no longer active on the forums.
If you need any assistance, please message an admin or a natmod instead.

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +2877
« Reply #99 on: April 27, 2020, 01:09:40 pm »
+3
For some light-hearted amusement, I'm currently watching Taskmaster and Wellington Paranormal.
Technically re-watching for Taskmaster as I've seen all the seasons, but haven't watched Wellington Paranormal before and I'm enjoying it immensely!

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
« Reply #100 on: June 24, 2020, 10:48:06 pm »
What has everyone been on lately?

fantasticbeasts3

• NSW MVP - 2018
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Im Moment studiere ich kein Deutsch :-(
  • Respect: +864
« Reply #101 on: June 24, 2020, 11:07:26 pm »
+3

Got myself a free month of Stan and binged 'Normal People' two weekends ago! Has anyone else watched it?
HSC 2017: English (Standard) // Mathematics // Modern History // Legal Studies // Business Studies
2018-2022: B International Studies/B Media (PR & Advertising) @ UNSW

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #102 on: June 24, 2020, 11:22:57 pm »
+3

Been watching Shetland, upon K888's recommendation!

Also waiting for Babysitters Club to be released on Netflix <3

r1ckworthy

• NSW MVP - 2019
  • HSC Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +305
« Reply #103 on: June 25, 2020, 03:44:03 pm »
+1

Watched the final episodes of Rick and Morty for season 4 a while back. Totally worth the wait ;D
HSC 2019: English Advanced || Mathematics || Mathematics Extension 1 || Physics || Chemistry || Science Extension || Ancient History ||

Bachelor of Physiotherapy @ ACU

The Yr12 journey- a diary I "hope" to update... || Halfway through Year 12... lessons I've learned so far. || Check out my youtube channel!

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
« Reply #104 on: June 25, 2020, 04:15:11 pm »
+1
Got myself a free month of Stan and binged 'Normal People' two weekends ago! Has anyone else watched it?
haven't seen it, but have heard that it is good. How did you find it?

Been watching Shetland, upon K888's recommendation!

Also waiting for Babysitters Club to be released on Netflix <3
how is that?

Watched the final episodes of Rick and Morty for season 4 a while back. Totally worth the wait ;D
I still haven't watched any season 4 Rick and Morty (seen all 1-3) but looking forward to when I do