Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 02:07:21 am

Author Topic: EAS Applications  (Read 1339 times)  Share 

Kekemato_BAP

• Forum Regular
  • Keep calm and study more
  • Respect: 0
EAS Applications
« on: June 24, 2017, 11:00:02 pm »
PLZ HELP THIS IS SO URGENT

I can apply for EAS but I read their 2016-2017 guide and it says that applications close in July 12. Is this for my application as a current Year 12 student?
If so, it says that I already missed the main round of EAS disability offers.

WHAT THE FLIP AM I SUPPOSED TO DO?!?  :'(
Hello

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +2877
Re: EAS Applications
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2017, 11:08:59 pm »
+1
PLZ HELP THIS IS SO URGENT

I can apply for EAS but I read their 2016-2017 guide and it says that applications close in July 12. Is this for my application as a current Year 12 student?
If so, it says that I already missed the main round of EAS disability offers.

WHAT THE FLIP AM I SUPPOSED TO DO?!?  :'(
Take my words with a grain of salt as I am from VIC, but I did apply for some courses in NSW last year and applied for EAS. Applications certainly didn't close that early - I think I was still submitting stuff in October and onwards. I believe the date you're seeing would be for mid-year course offers. Doesn't make sense to shut off EAS applications before you even do a UAC application, after all ;) I found this quote on the UAC website:
We release offers to courses from September 2016 to July 2017
So it seems the EAS dates you're seeing are for offers still being made for the 2016-2017 period, applications and offers that will happen in the 2017-2018 period.

So in short, don't stress, your EAS applications won't close until late in the year. :)

Kekemato_BAP

• Forum Regular
  • Keep calm and study more
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2017, 11:18:42 pm »
So do I have to look out for a 2017-2018 application? It says to write my UAC number when I haven't got my PIN yet.
I want to be absolutely sure that I don't fk this up...
Hello

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +2877
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2017, 11:26:38 pm »
+1
So do I have to look out for a 2017-2018 application? It says to write my UAC number when I haven't got my PIN yet.
I want to be absolutely sure that I don't fk this up...
I think you have to wait to be able to start your application :) It's only June, and applications for tertiary courses for next year haven't even opened yet! In VIC, they only open in August, and I think from memory, it's something similar in NSW. Once you make your UAC account, and start the process of applications, then you can do your EAS application. But it definitely will be open until late in the year - from memory, last year for some categories you could still submit documentation in December!

All of the dates advertised on the UAC website at the moment are for applications for semester 2 2017 entry to university. So you just need to wait for a bit longer, until they start doing stuff for next years applications and offers :)

If you're still concerned, have a chat to your school's careers advisor, or send them an email. But definitely, don't worry yet. Hope this puts your mind at ease :)

EDIT: I just had a look - UAC applications for next year's admissions don't open until the 2nd of August, so you still have a few months before you can make your application.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 11:28:42 pm by K888 »