Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 09:47:39 am

Author Topic: writing faster  (Read 1308 times)

Trwsh

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
writing faster
« on: June 03, 2019, 06:24:06 pm »
hello all,
do you guys have any tips on writing faster
i have an exam coming up and im expected to write 6-8 pages under 45 minsssss crazzyyy
are there any effective strategies or exercises availables,,,,?

beatroot

• HSC LECTURER
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +1566
Re: writing faster
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2019, 07:58:46 pm »
+1
hello all,
i have an exam coming up and im expected to write 6-8 pages under 45 minsssss crazzyyy

Hello!

I tapped batteries to my pens and started to write everything with these hybrid pens. It added a bit of weight while writing and it helped a lot with my HSC exams. Writing under timed conditions with these pens helped as well since I would be mimicking the exam conditions. I started doing this around term 3 of Year 12 and my writing speed had improved so much by my exams. Though I already gotten used to the extra weight, that I didn't even remove the batteries. I suppose having the battery add extra weight helped me 'dragged' my writing across the page and forcing myself to write quicker.

Hope this helps in some way...
Which will hold greater rule over you? Your fear or your curiosity?

Please note that I am no longer active on the forums.
If you need any assistance, please message an admin or a natmod instead.

KingTings

• MOTM: JULY 19
  • Forum Regular
  • "I'll do it later.."
  • Respect: +15
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2019, 08:03:53 pm »
+1
^^ that. Batteries helped me practice for the wrist-destroyer known as english half yearly's.
Also, certain pens may enable you to write faster!
I tend to use the plain 'ole PaperMate InkJoy (tri grip may take time to get used to), easy to write.
Pens may be heavier, take more time to lay ink etc. So try experiment!
Hope this helps
HSC 2019
Business Studies - Economics - Physics - English Adv. - Maths Adv.

ATAR:
Aim = 92+, Actual = 97.1 ;D

owidjaja

• National Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Bibliophile. Stationery addict.
  • Respect: +1010
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2019, 08:37:50 pm »
+1
hello all,
Hey there,

I used ballpoint pens instead of gel pens so that I don't have to worry about smudging the ink during the exam. Plus, I feel like it feels a lot smoother to write in a ballpoint pen (I'd recommend the Artline Smoove Pen). Your posture is also important. If you're gripping on the pen really tightly, you're putting in so much effort gripping the pen when that effort could be used to write faster, so make sure you're relaxed in the exam.

Hope this helps!
2018 HSC: English Advanced | Mathematics | Physics | Modern History | History Extension | Society and Culture | Studies of Religion I

ATAR: 93.60

2019: Aerospace Engineering (Hons)  @ UNSW

superstudent20

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2019, 07:42:39 pm »
hello all,

Hi, what I do to help me write faster in exams is that I make sure to practice different writing styles while writing a practice essay. As others have mentioned putting batteries to pens to weigh them so it would strengthen your hand when writing for long periods, I totally agree, this helped me so much that you definitely see the changes when you don't use them. I'd also like to mention using experimenting with different sizes font when writing as big lettering takes longer than when writing smaller but the advantage to writing big is that to the marker it appears as though you've written more. I mean it goes back to what you've written, like if you wrote 2 pages and want to make it look like 4 then writing big would help do that. However, if your trying to write a lot in a short time then I would suggest writing smaller so you could have enough time to fit all the content in. Other factors also play in like how well you slept before the exam and if you have enough energy or motivation. You should also consider that when writing an essay, how well you know it as if you've memorized every word than you have more of a chance of writing faster and less time thinking about what to write in that moment. So realistically if your prepared and practiced your essay so you know it back to front and you've timed your self writing it then all there is, is the motivation and drive in that time of the exam where stress is pushing you to write faster. 

Good luck  :)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2019, 07:45:06 pm by superstudent20 »

Coolmate

• NSW MVP - 2020
  • HSC Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • 🚀🚀Secret to getting ahead: Get Started!
  • Respect: +456
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2019, 10:21:27 am »
hello all,

Hey Trwsh,

Another cool tip you could implement could be to practice writing any text that you find for ten minutes (or more if you want) each day for however long until your exams are. And I do agree that using a battery attached to your pen works.

Good Luck! 8)
🤯HSC 2020:🤯
🔥Advanced Maths🔥 - 📚Advanced English📚 - ☄️Physics☄️ - ✌Biology✌ - 🙏SOR 1🙏 - 👨‍💻IPT👨‍💻

🎓University 2021 - 2025:
Bachelor of Science (Biology) / Bachelor of Information Technology (Cyber Security)

👊Need Motivation Click Here!💪         🌴Bio Marking and Feedback!

🧬Biology Guide:
🧪Module 5