Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 07:23:38 pm

Author Topic: Anyone going to a university other than the unis listed?  (Read 3787 times)  Share 

Collin Li

• VCE Tutor
  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +17
Re: Anyone going to a university other than the unis listed?
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2007, 10:35:23 pm »
My 12th preference is Arts at Deakin. :D

I guess I was arrogant. My lowest was an 8th preference, and it was at Monash for Science. I had no preferences for anything outside of Melbourne or Monash. I got 1st preference though, and I was expecting that, so I didn't really fuss over it too much: 75.00 (Science @ Monash) is a more than adequate safety net. :)

Eriny

• The lamp of enlightenment
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +100
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2007, 07:31:52 am »
Yeah, our careers people were saying that you had to fill out all 12 (not that they'ds know if you didn't, but you had to show them a list of your preferences before putting in the app anyway). They told many people who are pretty smart to apply for TAFE courses. They didn't tell me to put on TAFE courses though, my lowest was 70.25 (it wasn't my lowest preference though, my 12th requires a 97, lol).

SilverBullet

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2007, 12:01:14 am »
I've applied to do business at Swinburne and similar courses so that if I don't get in, it will be easier for me to transfer to the business course within the uni and hopefully get some credits or what not.
Latrobe really didn't appeal to me despite being so close to home. Can't explain that one!
I just hope I get into Business!
*prays*
"And I made that connection between hard work and results, performance. I kept pushing myself seeing how far I could improve myself, and knew if I worked hard I would improve." Nathan Buckley

To sort out the confusion: I'm a girl!

humph

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +16
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2007, 03:17:30 pm »
psssh, no one (other than eriny) applying for ANU? it is the best uni in the country, after all...

heh, i only applied for two courses. my safety net had an ENTER requirement of 95.
VCE 2006
PhB (Hons) (Sc), ANU, 2007-2010
MPhil, ANU, 2011-2012
PhD, Princeton, 2012-2017
Research Associate, University College London, 2017-2020
Assistant Professor, University of Virginia, 2020-

Feel free to ask me about (advanced) mathematics.