Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 06:17:38 pm

Author Topic: Language Analysis Resources and Guides  (Read 13424 times)

heids

• Supreme Stalker
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +1632
Language Analysis Resources and Guides
« on: February 13, 2016, 12:05:17 am »
+6
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 11:27:32 pm by hypocritically heidi »
VCE (2014): HHD, Bio, English, T&T, Methods

Uni (2021-24): Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash Clayton

Work: PCA in residential aged care

Anonymous

Re: Language Analysis Resources and Guides
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2016, 01:29:02 pm »
I get what a language analysis is and everything, but I dont really understand how any of the techniques are having an affect on the audience. Can someone briefly give a summary of what techniques are GENERALLY used for. I know it changes piece to piece, but anything PLEASE!!!! Eg: repetition keeps the idea in the fore of the readers mind.

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2018, 03:55:55 pm »
I am not really understanding how to structure a body paragraph for a language analysis and how to find what i need for the analysis in the article.
Thanks

SmartWorker

• Forum Obsessive
  • Wake determined. Sleep Satisfied.
  • Respect: +79
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2018, 07:25:40 pm »
+3
Hey there Anonymous,

For the structure of an Analytical Body Paragraph: it follows the structure of    ATPEELL

1. A - Argument (WHAT): you are required to begin with an argument from the primary text
2. T - Tone: Identify if/when a tonal shift occurs and the intended purpose in doing so
3. P - Persuasive techniques (HOW): Identify a few techniques and tones in the primary text used to convey
the argument
4. E - Evidence: A short sample of key quotes that confirm this technique's existence
5. E - Effect (WHY): Suggest the intended effect on the reader/listener/viewer - be specific as to who the
creator intended as their audience
6. L - Link: Connect to secondary text(s) on the basis of complementary points or opposing arguments. This
may include looking at elements of the construction of the secondary text such as the mood of an
image or the rhetoric used in a blog comment. similarities/differences in target audience.
7. L - Link: Connect the discussion back to the author's contention and the central argument
*the ordering above is not locked according to the acronym — only the A and L should be in this order — the rest can be woven to thread like ideas
together, and to allow for commentary style discussion

This is first post, sorry if doesn't look as attractive as others. But basically this is how you structure a body paragraph for a L.A
Advice to smash Biology ¾:

2021 VCE - 99.35

Tutoring Bio, Chem, English, Methods 1/2 & 3/4 for 2022. DM if interested

Want some advice for VCE? 👇

https://youtu.be/zq0xsaE9GJ4