Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 11:34:21 am

Author Topic: Practice exams for geo 3/4  (Read 3893 times)  Share 

MATHSMETHODS_298

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Practice exams for geo 3/4
« on: October 19, 2021, 03:56:34 pm »
Hey guys, i have done all the vcaa exams and now do not know where to find some more. Does anyone know where I can access some vce geography 34 exams?

heather727

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +6
Re: Practice exams for geo 3/4
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2021, 05:02:18 pm »
+2
Hey MATHSMETHODS_298!

I can’t help with finding more resources, but a thing I like to do is to redo questions addressing all of the topics (i.e. case studies) that I can. This way, you can use the practice questions you have to prepare you for more possible scenarios. For example, in the 2016 VCAA exam, Question 4 asks you to select the process of deforestation or desertification, and base your answers on that. You may have chosen deforestation while doing the whole practise exam, but to maximise your gain from this question, you can try answering it based on the two other processes (desertification and melting glaciers and ice sheets) as well. In this particular exam, this process can also be done with Question 2, Question 5, Question 7, and maybe even Question 8, if you know multiple case studies for population movement.
If you’re worried about practising timing, you can work out how much time you should be allocating for each question based on the number of marks (in the geo exam, based on the number of marks and amount of time given, you should be spending a max of 1.5 minutes on each mark), and re-answer the question based on this time allocation (e.g. for question 4 in the 2016 exam, you should spend a max of 22.5 minutes on the re-attempt).
Hope this helped and good luck with your exams :)!

MATHSMETHODS_298

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Re: Practice exams for geo 3/4
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2021, 10:37:34 am »
+2
Thanks so much heather727 for the advice! This is actually a really good idea  :)
 I think I might do this today   ;D