Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 05:59:43 am

Author Topic: ✏Day Before HSC Exams Start - What did you do?  (Read 2436 times)

Coolmate

• NSW MVP - 2020
  • HSC Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • 🚀🚀Secret to getting ahead: Get Started!
  • Respect: +456
✏Day Before HSC Exams Start - What did you do?
« on: October 15, 2020, 11:50:03 am »
+3
Hi Everyone,

I am unsure about what to do the day before an exam, I have heard some sources say relax, others say do last minute study, so does anyone have any advice for what they did before an exam and the morning of an exam? :)

Thanks in advance,
Coolmate 8)
🤯HSC 2020:🤯
🔥Advanced Maths🔥 - 📚Advanced English📚 - ☄️Physics☄️ - ✌Biology✌ - 🙏SOR 1🙏 - 👨‍💻IPT👨‍💻

🎓University 2021 - 2025:
Bachelor of Science (Biology) / Bachelor of Information Technology (Cyber Security)

👊Need Motivation Click Here!💪         🌴Bio Marking and Feedback!

🧬Biology Guide:
🧪Module 5

angewina_naguen

• HSC Lecturer
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Musical Theatre Tragic And Ultimate Pun Generator
  • Respect: +1026
Re: ✏Day Before HSC Exams Start - What did you do?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2020, 01:15:35 pm »
+6
Hi Everyone,

I am unsure about what to do the day before an exam, I have heard some sources say relax, others say do last minute study, so does anyone have any advice for what they did before an exam and the morning of an exam? :)

Thanks in advance,
Coolmate 8)

Hey, Coolmate!

I spent the nights before my exams revising my notes and would attempt a response for my weakest section/s for that subject using past papers/original questions I wrote up myself. The reason why I didn't attempt a full practice paper was because I knew it would exhaust me out and I wanted to focus more on strengthening my less confident areas before going into the exam. You could do a full paper though if you feel it will helpful but try to avoid cramming too much and overworking yourself when you can channel that energy into the exams themselves  :D

For both my morning and afternoon exams, I always got to school by 8:30am (my roll call was at this time) to see my teachers and ask any final questions. I also used this time as an opportunity to go the bathroom before sitting down in the school hall to discuss with any peers who I knew wouldn't stress me out being around the content and would have them test me on my notes. The last two or so minutes before I had to head down to the desks, I looked over my notes quickly a final time and then just took deep breaths so I could ground myself. Having this routine ensured that my mornings were

The other key things to remember is to have your meals, a shower and lots of sleep! It is incredibly important that you remember to take care of yourself during this time. There were people in my grade who were skipping meals and using energy drinks to pull all-nighters which were stories that remain highly concerning to me to this day. A good breakfast, in particular, will put you in a good mood for the exam day so make sure you stay well-rested and well-fed! Those are my tips based on personal experience. Keen to see what others have to say  :D

Angelina  ;D
-HSC 2018-

-ATAR-

-UNI 2019-2022-
Bachelor of Music (Music Education) at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music

Tierney_P

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2020, 01:31:17 pm »
+7
hey!
im only an amateur :o but i would suggest to just read. for me on the mornings of my trial exams, reading over case studies, content etc. was better than doing practices - but there again, everyone's different  ;)
and walk into that exam room like u gonna OWN IT 8)
bring on 2nd november 🤩

Coolmate

• NSW MVP - 2020
  • HSC Moderator
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2020, 04:21:48 pm »
+1
Hey, Coolmate!

I spent the nights before my exams revising my notes and would attempt a response for my weakest section/s for that subject using past papers/original questions I wrote up myself. The reason why I didn't attempt a full practice paper was because I knew it would exhaust me out and I wanted to focus more on strengthening my less confident areas before going into the exam. You could do a full paper though if you feel it will helpful but try to avoid cramming too much and overworking yourself when you can channel that energy into the exams themselves  :D

For both my morning and afternoon exams, I always got to school by 8:30am (my roll call was at this time) to see my teachers and ask any final questions. I also used this time as an opportunity to go the bathroom before sitting down in the school hall to discuss with any peers who I knew wouldn't stress me out being around the content and would have them test me on my notes. The last two or so minutes before I had to head down to the desks, I looked over my notes quickly a final time and then just took deep breaths so I could ground myself. Having this routine ensured that my mornings were

The other key things to remember is to have your meals, a shower and lots of sleep! It is incredibly important that you remember to take care of yourself during this time. There were people in my grade who were skipping meals and using energy drinks to pull all-nighters which were stories that remain highly concerning to me to this day. A good breakfast, in particular, will put you in a good mood for the exam day so make sure you stay well-rested and well-fed! Those are my tips based on personal experience. Keen to see what others have to say  :D

Angelina  ;D

hey!
im only an amateur :o but i would suggest to just read. for me on the mornings of my trial exams, reading over case studies, content etc. was better than doing practices - but there again, everyone's different  ;)
and walk into that exam room like u gonna OWN IT 8)

Hey Angelina and Tierney_P ;D

Thankyou so much for the advice, I now feel like I have an idea of what I will do before and on the day! :D

Thanks again!
Coolmate 8)
🔥Advanced Maths🔥 - 📚Advanced English📚 - ☄️Physics☄️ - ✌Biology✌ - 🙏SOR 1🙏 - 👨‍💻IPT👨‍💻

🎓University 2021 - 2025:
Bachelor of Science (Biology) / Bachelor of Information Technology (Cyber Security)

🧬Biology Guide:
🧪Module 5

Sarah20’s

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2020, 11:43:23 pm »
+6
yes, I've heard doing light revision; ie, reading over your notes would help :)
no need to stress though - be sure you've got this ;D

Coolmate

• NSW MVP - 2020
  • HSC Moderator
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2020, 09:42:21 am »
yes, I've heard doing light revision; ie, reading over your notes would help :)
no need to stress though - be sure you've got this ;D

Thankyou! ;D

🎓University 2021 - 2025:

🧬Biology Guide:
🧪Module 5