Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 10:23:27 pm

Author Topic: My two bio sacs (Ranting warning)  (Read 1166 times)  Share 

atar beta

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
My two bio sacs (Ranting warning)
« on: April 04, 2019, 09:43:17 pm »
+1
 Hey all reading, (Ranting warning)
To be honest, I am just venting some pent up emotions.
I am Year 11 doing BIO 3/4.
First BIO 3/4 sac I did I got 20/25 score adjusted (My original score got scaled down by 2.5%)
And for my second SAC, i got 87% or 40/46.
Both sacs I found easy (and so did everyone) which is a really tilting when I get these marks in the 80s when I really understand the theory and know i can get better (it's REALLY frustrating)
Its more tilting when everyone is better sac results than you. (one of the classes had a class average of 92%!! How do you even get a bell curve with that!)
I just CAN'T comprehend.
I believe I already messed up my sac ranking with everyone getting better SACs than me. I feel like my brain is 80% cortisol instead of water.
Maybe I am being too hard on myself. Perhaps.
I will use this profound disappointment to linger in me to further myself next time around.

Just letting it out in poorly written English
Sorry for the rant.
Back to study
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 09:48:16 pm by atar beta »

vox nihili

• National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +1447
Re: My two bio sacs (Ranting warning)
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2019, 11:26:55 pm »
+5
Hey all reading, (Ranting warning)
To be honest, I am just venting some pent up emotions.
I am Year 11 doing BIO 3/4.
First BIO 3/4 sac I did I got 20/25 score adjusted (My original score got scaled down by 2.5%)
And for my second SAC, i got 87% or 40/46.
Both sacs I found easy (and so did everyone) which is a really tilting when I get these marks in the 80s when I really understand the theory and know i can get better (it's REALLY frustrating)
Its more tilting when everyone is better sac results than you. (one of the classes had a class average of 92%!! How do you even get a bell curve with that!)
I just CAN'T comprehend.
I believe I already messed up my sac ranking with everyone getting better SACs than me. I feel like my brain is 80% cortisol instead of water.
Maybe I am being too hard on myself. Perhaps.
I will use this profound disappointment to linger in me to further myself next time around.

Just letting it out in poorly written English
Sorry for the rant.
Back to study

Your ranking is determine by how you do on all of the SACs. Two "shitty" scores that are really close to the people you described as doing well puts you in an excellent place to do well this year. Take some time out, do something for yourself and then have a think about how to improve, rather than punishing yourself for not being perfect straight away :)
2013-15: BBiomed (Biochemistry and Molecular Biology), UniMelb
2016-20: MD, UniMelb
2019-20: MPH, UniMelb
2021-: GDipBiostat, USyd