Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 11:12:45 pm

Author Topic: English Extension --> Can I Pick it Up in Yr12?  (Read 3242 times)

Coolmate

• NSW MVP - 2020
  • HSC Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • 🚀🚀Secret to getting ahead: Get Started!
  • Respect: +456
English Extension --> Can I Pick it Up in Yr12?
« on: November 05, 2019, 10:07:55 pm »
Hi Everyone! ;D

I was just wondering whether I can pick up English Extension 1 or 2 now for Yr12, or did I have to have done it in Yr11 to be able to do it this year?

Thankyou!

Coolmate 8)
🤯HSC 2020:🤯
🔥Advanced Maths🔥 - 📚Advanced English📚 - ☄️Physics☄️ - ✌Biology✌ - 🙏SOR 1🙏 - 👨‍💻IPT👨‍💻

🎓University 2021 - 2025:
Bachelor of Science (Biology) / Bachelor of Information Technology (Cyber Security)

👊Need Motivation Click Here!💪         🌴Bio Marking and Feedback!

🧬Biology Guide:
🧪Module 5

angewina_naguen

• HSC Lecturer
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Musical Theatre Tragic And Ultimate Pun Generator
  • Respect: +1026
Re: English Extension --> Can I Pick it Up in Yr12?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2019, 12:13:39 pm »
+1
Hi Everyone! ;D

I was just wondering whether I can pick up English Extension 1 or 2 now for Yr12, or did I have to have done it in Yr11 to be able to do it this year?

Thankyou!

Coolmate 8)

Hey, Coolmate!

Unfortunately, you would've had to have done Extension 1 in Year 11 to be eligible to do 1 and 2 in Year 12. However, if you're really keen, there is a possibility that NESA might usher special consideration. I had a friend who dropped Physics and picked up Visual Arts in Year 12 after going through some procedures. She did have to learn basically all of the Year 11 in the holidays to catch up to everyone but she found it worth it in the long run (she got a Band 6 too!) It's entirely up to you if you want to take that step  :)

Angelina  ;D
-HSC 2018-

-ATAR-

-UNI 2019-2022-
Bachelor of Music (Music Education) at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music

Coolmate

• NSW MVP - 2020
  • HSC Moderator
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2019, 11:39:57 pm »
Hey, Coolmate!

Unfortunately, you would've had to have done Extension 1 in Year 11 to be eligible to do 1 and 2 in Year 12. However, if you're really keen, there is a possibility that NESA might usher special consideration. I had a friend who dropped Physics and picked up Visual Arts in Year 12 after going through some procedures. She did have to learn basically all of the Year 11 in the holidays to catch up to everyone but she found it worth it in the long run (she got a Band 6 too!) It's entirely up to you if you want to take that step  :)

Angelina  ;D

Hey Angelina! ;D

Thankyou for your reply, I will consider this!

Coolmate 8)
🔥Advanced Maths🔥 - 📚Advanced English📚 - ☄️Physics☄️ - ✌Biology✌ - 🙏SOR 1🙏 - 👨‍💻IPT👨‍💻

🎓University 2021 - 2025:
Bachelor of Science (Biology) / Bachelor of Information Technology (Cyber Security)

🧬Biology Guide:
🧪Module 5

owidjaja

• National Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Bibliophile. Stationery addict.
  • Respect: +1010
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2019, 12:03:56 am »
+1
Hi Everyone! ;D

Thankyou!

Coolmate 8)
Hey there,

I think it just depends on your school! I didn't do Extension English in Year 11 but my English teacher continuously encouraged me to do Extension English since I was doing well in Advanced English. He even gave me one last offer right before the Prelim yearly exam asking me to seriously consider doing Extension English so I can join the class in Year 12. I declined the offer but another girl in my grade also got offered the chance to do Extension English so she joined the class in Year 12.

I'd suggest talking to your English teacher about this and asking their opinion on this, and also your Curriculum Coordinator if this is possible.

Hope this helps!
2018 HSC: English Advanced | Mathematics | Physics | Modern History | History Extension | Society and Culture | Studies of Religion I

ATAR: 93.60

2019: Aerospace Engineering (Hons)  @ UNSW

Coolmate

• NSW MVP - 2020
  • HSC Moderator
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2019, 06:59:05 pm »
Hey there,

I think it just depends on your school! I didn't do Extension English in Year 11 but my English teacher continuously encouraged me to do Extension English since I was doing well in Advanced English. He even gave me one last offer right before the Prelim yearly exam asking me to seriously consider doing Extension English so I can join the class in Year 12. I declined the offer but another girl in my grade also got offered the chance to do Extension English so she joined the class in Year 12.

I'd suggest talking to your English teacher about this and asking their opinion on this, and also your Curriculum Coordinator if this is possible.

Hope this helps!

Thanks owidjaja!

Thankyou for your reply

Coolmate 8)

🎓University 2021 - 2025:

🧬Biology Guide:
🧪Module 5