Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 02:19:32 am

Author Topic: Discovery in the film Stand by Me? Is it a good text?  (Read 1550 times)

exhausted

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Discovery in the film Stand by Me? Is it a good text?
« on: March 02, 2017, 09:13:06 pm »
Is Stand by Me a good text? I've seen it many times and I love it, but I haven't found many resources online for it so I'm questioning it (I know that's not necessarily a bad thing). If it is a good text, are there any notes out there or any pointers about discovery in this film?
I do see discovery in it, but I'm just wondering what ideas other people have about it - to broaden my ideas.

Just a side note if it makes any difference or if anyone has anything additional to add regarding linking between texts - our prescribed text is Life of Pi and the other related text I want to do is Perks of Being a Wallflower (I know so many people use this, but they say to choose texts you love)

ssarahj

• ATAR Notes NSW MVP - 2016
  • Forum Obsessive
  • seek the full depth and height of life.
  • Respect: +18
Re: Discovery in the film Stand by Me? Is it a good text?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 09:58:22 pm »
+1
Is Stand by Me a good text? I've seen it many times and I love it, but I haven't found many resources online for it so I'm questioning it (I know that's not necessarily a bad thing). If it is a good text, are there any notes out there or any pointers about discovery in this film?
I do see discovery in it, but I'm just wondering what ideas other people have about it - to broaden my ideas.

Just a side note if it makes any difference or if anyone has anything additional to add regarding linking between texts - our prescribed text is Life of Pi and the other related text I want to do is Perks of Being a Wallflower (I know so many people use this, but they say to choose texts you love)

Hey exhausted! I'm not heaps familiar with Stand By Me, but after a quick Google search it sounds like an interesting film. I haven't come across any notes online. When deciding on a related text I would usually ask myself the following questions:
(a) Do you love it? This is a tick for you!
(b) Is there clear discovery?
(c) Is the text rich in techniques? In other words, is it going to be easy to analyse and write about?
(d) Does the text link to your prescribed in a sophisticated way?

If you can answer yes to these questions then its worth giving it a go, possibly for half-yearlies if it's not too late for you to prepare. Considering you have a back up (Perks of Being A Wallflower) you can always switch later! 😃
HSC 2016: SOR 2, Adv. English, Ext. 1 English, Chemistry, 2U Maths, Hospitality
6th in NSW for SOR 2

ATAR: 97.00

2017: B Nutrition & Dietetics @ University of Newcastle