Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 16, 2024, 08:12:12 pm

Author Topic: Transfer from different uni to melb if you don't have vce preq  (Read 1083 times)  Share 

Aaron4477

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Say I was doing economics and finance applied at rmit and I was averaging a wam or whatever of like a 80 (so enough to get me in or legitmately considered)

Would I be able to transfer to melbournes commerce if I didn't do maths methods in year 12?

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +1536
Re: Transfer from different uni to melb if you don't have vce preq
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2017, 11:33:22 pm »
You would have to do a bridging/equivalent unit that is recognised by Melb Uni.

This is something you'd have to speak to them about.
Experience in teaching at both secondary and tertiary levels.

website // new forum profile

tashhhaaa

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +152
Re: Transfer from different uni to melb if you don't have vce preq
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2017, 12:18:31 am »
+1
Hey,

You can find equivalent options/Methods bridging courses that Unimelb recognises here

https://futurestudents.unimelb.edu.au/admissions/entry-requirements/undergraduate-international/examples_of_subjects

Some of them have assumed knowledge of Maths Methods 1/2 such as the Introduction to Mathematics subject. You'll notice that you need to pay for these courses, so if you can't do that the other option is to transfer to a UoM course that doesn't need maths (Arts), do a semester including Introduction to Mathematics and transfer to your desired course in Semester 2.

Satisfying the prereq before starting at UoM is definitely the better option though so contact the uni if you have any concerns