Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 10:00:03 pm

Author Topic: VCE Religion & Society Questions Thread  (Read 6481 times)  Share 

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
VCE Religion & Society Questions Thread
« on: August 02, 2018, 10:50:42 am »
VCE RELIGION & SOCIETY Q&A THREAD

What is this thread for?
If you have general questions about the VCE Religion & Society course or how to improve in certain areas, this is the place to ask! 👌

Who can/will answer questions?
Everyone is welcome to contribute; even if you're unsure of yourself, providing different perspectives is incredibly valuable.

Please don't be dissuaded by the fact that you haven't finished Year 12, or didn't score as highly as others, or your advice contradicts something else you've seen on this thread, or whatever; none of this disqualifies you from helping others. And if you're worried you do have some sort of misconception, put it out there and someone else can clarify and modify your understanding! 

There'll be a whole bunch of other high-scoring students with their own wealths of wisdom to share with you, including TuteSmart tutors! So you may even get multiple answers from different people offering their insights - very cool.

To ask a question or make a post, you will first need an ATAR Notes account. You probably already have one, but if you don't, it takes about four seconds to sign up - and completely free!

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +856
Re: VCE Religion & Society Questions Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2019, 05:34:14 pm »
Hello everyone! Just wondering if anyone can explain spaces, places, times and artefacts to me? I know what the category means but I need examples for the five main religions.

There is an awesome video about it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgyZXMCQTsY

But it doesn't have an examples...

Thanks so much!! :)

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +856
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2019, 09:37:30 pm »
+1
Does anyone know if there are any lectures anywhere about Religion and Society? Would love to go to some, especially if I choose to do 3/4.

cfalzon

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2019, 08:03:55 pm »
Hey guys,
I was wondering if anybody could recommend some study techniques for the RAS exam? It's very daunting for me (especially as a Year 11 who is accelerating), so any advice would be super helpful!

Thanks so much!
-Chloe :)

caasdsadsdasd

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2021, 06:49:14 pm »
Does anyone have any Practice Sacs that they can lend me or know where i can find any free practice sacs for R and S 3/4?

Pls contact me if u do?
THX!!!!

caasdsadsdasd

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2021, 12:48:46 pm »
Hey everyone,
I was wondering if anybody could recommend some study techniques for the RAS 3/4 SACs and Exams? I continuously get very stressed out as i want to get a good Study Score and currently i am getting a 70%. As a year 11 I am not experienced with VCE 3/4 subjects, so any advice would be super helpful!

JIN1N

• Adventurer
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2021, 01:40:54 pm »
Hey everyone,
I was wondering if anybody could recommend some study techniques for the RAS 3/4 SACs and Exams? I continuously get very stressed out as i want to get a good Study Score and currently i am getting a 70%. As a year 11 I am not experienced with VCE 3/4 subjects, so any advice would be super helpful!

Hey there,
I did RAS last year for year 11 and although it wasnt the best, I got a 39 ( last year was tough due to remote learning imo), nevertheless, I managed an A+ on the exam so i'm satisfied

My top tips would be:
- Practice writing in timed conditions as early as possible. This will help you both with your SACs and especially the endof year exam.

- Do a lot of exam questions starting as early as possible as well and read exam reports to utilize sample responses

- Know your research well (to the point that u can answer any prompt/question based on the AOS)

-Don't stress over SACs because you can up for it in the exam