Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 08:38:50 pm

Author Topic: Atarnotes trial exams  (Read 4571 times)  Share 

jinaede1342

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +34
Atarnotes trial exams
« on: December 20, 2018, 06:59:07 pm »
+3
I know that AN currently sells some topic tests for various subjects. I'm not sure if this has ever been mentioned before, or whether this is already in the works, but has AN ever considered publishing yearly exams like other companies, but at more affordable price points so that they're readily accessible and available to students? Many companies only sell the exam papers to schools - no private sales are made - to ensure that the exams are not seen by students, in order to ensure that they are reliable and can provide accurate indicative results of a student's performance. I think that creating some may be great particularly in subjects where the study design has been recently changed and relevant exams are scarce.
VCE: | English [48] | Global Politics [44] | Biology [40] | Chemistry [36] | French [34] | Methods [32]
ATAR: 98.40
2020: Bachelor of Laws (honours)/ Bachelor of Commerce @ Monash

Selling Global Politics responses + English/Global feedback and essay correction: https://atarnotes.com/forum/index.php?topic=189680.0

Global Politics Tuition via Zoom - PM for details

Lear

• MOTM: JUL 18
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +328
Re: Atarnotes trial exams
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2018, 07:24:04 pm »
This sounds like a pretty good idea tbh. I’d be down to help if needed.
2018: ATAR: 99.35
Subjects
English: 44
Methods: 43
Further Maths: 50
Chemistry: 46
Legal: 40
2019: Bachelor of Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine @ Monash

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: Atarnotes trial exams
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2018, 07:30:26 pm »
+4
This is an interesting suggestion, thank you! At this stage, our Topic Tests encompass our “practice” product, we think they offer all the same benefits with the added bonus of being subject divided for easy revision as you go. But I guess the gap is that one integrated “Trial exam” with everything covered at once!

We do write exams for our Tutesmart students, but we’ve never considered selling them since we have our Topic Tests. But we may in the future if students want it and we think we can do it really well

Note: In HSC land, we have actually released a few exams for free, you can find them dotted around the forums