Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 08:35:03 am

Author Topic: Past papers  (Read 861 times)

Kombmail

• Forum Obsessive
  • When you realise Kpop exists... the world is good.
  • Respect: -4
Past papers
« on: May 27, 2019, 08:24:04 am »
How often should I do past papers, how long for and how long should I divide my time to homework and notemaking?

Please help meh😭
-KgkG-

thaifriedrice

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2
Re: Past papers
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2019, 10:14:39 am »
+2
How often should I do past papers, how long for and how long should I divide my time to homework and notemaking?

Please help meh😭

I'm in year 12 too so idk if this will be useful for u  but here's how I manage past papers.   
Every Monday I do a past paper for maths with my friend after school kinda to just prepare us for the week. It also helps as a brain exercise when you have no idea what to do during study period or at home when you have free time.
Most of the time I'll spilt the past papers up into parts (like either sections or topics) so I've never done a past paper all at once.
For subjects such as legal or Bio, I'll do a past paper after I finish a module or before a big in class exam
I guess you should incorporate past papers into your time in a way that is efficient and useful  (like your not just using it to procrastinate)
Some people like to go crazy and do as many as they can but the aim of doing past papers is to gain an understanding of how much knowledge you ACTUALLY have.
In the end, just do what you feel comfortable with and think is effective for your education :)
୧[ ˵ ͡ᵔ ͜ʟ ͡ᵔ ˵ ]୨ ~uwu

meerae

• MOTM: JAN 19
  • Trendsetter
  • wack.
  • Respect: +86
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2019, 10:28:46 am »
+2

Please help meh😭

Hey!

I'd say to attempt one trial paper for each subject under timed, exam conditions a week (leaving out things you haven't learnt yet). Like thaifriedrice suggested, you could do this with friends and then swap + mark and learn from each others mistakes (which is extremely helpful).

I would also suggest to do past papers after your notes are completed and begin doing them about two weeks before your task, by this time your notes should also be done which means you can spend the two weeks filling gaps in your knowledge and practicing how to write high level responses.

I do my notes consistently for each subject, writing notes everyday on the topics that we studied in class that day and then I go over all of them before printing out and properly studying. I think if you haven't completed notes by two weeks then I would look to download notes and study off them because I feel writing notes isn't the most effective studying.

Of course, ultimately it's all up to you and what works for you when studying.

Hope this helps!
meerae :)
2018 hsc; mathematics
2019 hsc; english adv english ext 1&2 math ext 1 legal studies economics

HSC w/ a stresshead {class of'19}

Kombmail

• Forum Obsessive
  • When you realise Kpop exists... the world is good.
  • Respect: -4
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2019, 07:17:55 pm »

I'm in year 12 too so idk if this will be useful for u  but here's how I manage past papers.   
Every Monday I do a past paper for maths with my friend after school kinda to just prepare us for the week. It also helps as a brain exercise when you have no idea what to do during study period or at home when you have free time.
Most of the time I'll spilt the past papers up into parts (like either sections or topics) so I've never done a past paper all at once.
For subjects such as legal or Bio, I'll do a past paper after I finish a module or before a big in class exam
I guess you should incorporate past papers into your time in a way that is efficient and useful  (like your not just using it to procrastinate)
Some people like to go crazy and do as many as they can but the aim of doing past papers is to gain an understanding of how much knowledge you ACTUALLY have.
In the end, just do what you feel comfortable with and think is effective for your education :)

thanks Thai!
-KgkG-