Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 10:33:04 am

Author Topic: State Ranks  (Read 3952 times)

Coolmate

• NSW MVP - 2020
  • HSC Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • 🚀🚀Secret to getting ahead: Get Started!
  • Respect: +456
State Ranks
« on: November 24, 2019, 03:10:24 pm »
Hi everyone! ;D

I have a few questions regarding state ranks:

• --> How many people are awarded state ranks for each subject every year?

--> Is there a certain mark you have to achieve in order to get one? ???

--> Also, does the state ranking system involve the calculation of both your internals and externals, or is it just externals?

Thanks in advance! ;D

Coolmate 8)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 03:14:17 pm by Coolmate »
🤯HSC 2020:🤯
🔥Advanced Maths🔥 - 📚Advanced English📚 - ☄️Physics☄️ - ✌Biology✌ - 🙏SOR 1🙏 - 👨‍💻IPT👨‍💻

🎓University 2021 - 2025:
Bachelor of Science (Biology) / Bachelor of Information Technology (Cyber Security)

👊Need Motivation Click Here!💪         🌴Bio Marking and Feedback!

🧬Biology Guide:
🧪Module 5

emilyygeorgexx

• HSC LECTURER
  • ____________
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +113
Re: State Ranks
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2019, 04:17:34 pm »
+3
Hi everyone! ;D

I have a few questions regarding state ranks:

• --> How many people are awarded state ranks for each subject every year?

--> Is there a certain mark you have to achieve in order to get one? ???

--> Also, does the state ranking system involve the calculation of both your internals and externals, or is it just externals?

Thanks in advance! ;D

Coolmate 8)

Hey!

1. Depends on the course and the amount of people who receive the same mark. For more popular courses such as Maths and English, the top 20 people with the highest mark will state rank. For less popular courses such as Studies of Religion, the top 10 people with the highest mark will state rank. Again, the situation would be different if 14 people got the top mark in the state, then essentially they all come first, and the person who comes 'second' actually comes 15th.

2. Nope not really a certain mark, it all just depends on how the state goes. However, it is common for those students who state rank get a 97+.

3. I am not 100% sure but I think it is just your performance in the external exam.
HSC 2018 - (ATAR: 99.10)
English Advanced (90) | General Mathematics 2 (95) | Business Studies (98 - 6th in NSW) | Legal Studies (94) | Economics (93) | Studies of Religion 1 (48)

2019: B Commerce/B Laws @ UNSW

Coolmate

• NSW MVP - 2020
  • HSC Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • 🚀🚀Secret to getting ahead: Get Started!
  • Respect: +456
Re: State Ranks
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2019, 10:15:07 pm »
Hey!

1. Depends on the course and the amount of people who receive the same mark. For more popular courses such as Maths and English, the top 20 people with the highest mark will state rank. For less popular courses such as Studies of Religion, the top 10 people with the highest mark will state rank. Again, the situation would be different if 14 people got the top mark in the state, then essentially they all come first, and the person who comes 'second' actually comes 15th.

2. Nope not really a certain mark, it all just depends on how the state goes. However, it is common for those students who state rank get a 97+.

3. I am not 100% sure but I think it is just your performance in the external exam.

Thanks Emily for clarifying these questions for me! I was just a bit confused on how it all worked ;D

Coolmate 8)
🤯HSC 2020:🤯
🔥Advanced Maths🔥 - 📚Advanced English📚 - ☄️Physics☄️ - ✌Biology✌ - 🙏SOR 1🙏 - 👨‍💻IPT👨‍💻

🎓University 2021 - 2025:
Bachelor of Science (Biology) / Bachelor of Information Technology (Cyber Security)

👊Need Motivation Click Here!💪         🌴Bio Marking and Feedback!

🧬Biology Guide:
🧪Module 5