Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 11:07:26 am

Author Topic: Allocate system  (Read 2097 times)  Share 

TrueLight

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +9
Allocate system
« on: February 19, 2008, 06:09:23 pm »
Hey now that monash has finished allocating students units for science at least oO has anyone got any clashes or problems with their timetable? My units of weather and physics lectures clash all the time because they are auto-allocated, so can anything be done about it or do i just have to miss out on the lectures? yeah... so hows everyones timetable and classes? are you happy with it?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 06:13:21 pm by Stefanos »
http://www.campaignforliberty.com

Completed Bachelor of Science. Majored in Immunology and Microbiology.

“Who controls the past, controls the future. Who controls the present, controls the past.”
George Orwell, 1984.

"Terrorism is the best political weapon for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
Adolf Hitler

“The bigger the lie, the more inclined people will be to believe it”
Adolf Hitler

"Beware the leader who bangs the drums of war in order to whip the citizenry into a patriotic fervor, for patriotism is indeed a double-edged sword. It both emboldens the blood, just

cara.mel

Re: Allocate system
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 06:36:17 pm »
I got all my first preferences for labs/tutes. Apparently I am the exception not the rule.

I have 2 lecture clashes, ninox and enwiabe both have 1, you're not alone. I think you have to miss one of them

Industrious

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 09:58:57 pm »
If you miss a lecture, you might still be able to find recorded lectures online, check here
http://www.mulo.monash.edu.au/

ninwa

• Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +1021
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2008, 10:41:06 pm »
I got all my first preferences for labs/tutes. Apparently I am the exception not the rule.
I'm an exception too! Except now I have nobody but myself to blame for my lovely 9 - 5 Wednesdays :( and I had to kill any prospects of having Friday off to get rid of a clash :( but now I have none at least :)

Stefanos, if they're auto-allocated it probably means theres only one session for the lecture, so if there are clashes you'll most likely have to miss them. Like Industrious said though, most lectures and even tutorials are recorded and put online so don't stress too much about it :)
ExamPro enquiries to [email protected]

TrueLight

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2008, 11:36:23 pm »
lol thanks but aii it will be annoying such a bore and hassle but ill c whats gonna happen

“Who controls the past, controls the future. Who controls the present, controls the past.”
George Orwell, 1984.

"Terrorism is the best political weapon for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

"Beware the leader who bangs the drums of war in order to whip the citizenry into a patriotic fervor, for patriotism is indeed a double-edged sword. It both emboldens the blood, just

Matt89

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2008, 12:13:46 am »
My timetable is pretty good. no clashes and most days are fairly light. However, no days off and ive got a brutal Wednesday (8 until 6)

Ninox

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • vive le science!
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2008, 12:27:12 am »
MOST lectures are recorded. I will soon get to contacting the relevant lecturers directly about my clash and seeing what can be done. I recommend we all do the same. Because ENG1050 is relatively unpopular, I'll probably attend those lectures. CHM1011 has several slots and hence a large cohort. IMHO, it is CHM1011 that will likely be recorded. If I can get a week-by-week syllabus like the one we got for MUEP maths, it'll be even better.
2006: Engineering Studies 45 (Premier's Award), Religion and Societies 39
2007: Methods 45, Spesh 46, Chem 50, Physics 41, Literature 39, MUEP Maths 5.5
ENTER: 99.60
Science/Engineering @ Monash; Mat'ls Eng; Chem, Physiology?

TrueLight

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2008, 08:08:35 pm »
ou thanks guys but what i decided to do after they replied to my email> they said you can alternate and then as ninox said go online and listen to the missed ones or changed ur elrolment. so ... i decided to do some geography natural hazards unit instead of physics which i didnt really need for any prereqs. so yeah theres no more clashes which is good.

George Orwell, 1984.

Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler