Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 11:48:24 am

Author Topic: Recognition of human right cases  (Read 864 times)  Share 

Kaan709

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
Recognition of human right cases
« on: March 16, 2017, 10:54:11 am »
For Human Rights, developing recognition. Do we need to know all of the topics; slavery, trade unionism, suffrage etc...? If so, how much content do we need to know? Dates, violations, the international movement and patterns....?

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "Hey little fighter, soon it will be brighter."
  • Respect: +970
Re: Recognition of human right cases
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 07:18:52 pm »
For Human Rights, developing recognition. Do we need to know all of the topics; slavery, trade unionism, suffrage etc...? If so, how much content do we need to know? Dates, violations, the international movement and patterns....?

Hey Kaan, yes you do need to know all of the topics. When it comes to a contemporary issue, you only need to know one, but you need to know all of them for this section :) I just wrote some important details on a palm card for each. And you're exactly right about what you need to know! Who were the main people pushing for the change? When did it become recognised according to the UN? Has anyone still not recognised it/signed it? Is it still being developed and recognised today or is it completely established? :)
Not sure how to navigate around ATAR Notes? Check out this video!

Kaan709

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
Re: Recognition of human right cases
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2017, 11:08:30 pm »
Hey Kaan, yes you do need to know all of the topics. When it comes to a contemporary issue, you only need to know one, but you need to know all of them for this section :) I just wrote some important details on a palm card for each. And you're exactly right about what you need to know! Who were the main people pushing for the change? When did it become recognised according to the UN? Has anyone still not recognised it/signed it? Is it still being developed and recognised today or is it completely established? :)

Yay! Guess i'll grab a case of redbull, and a bottle of adderall and be on my merry way  :'(

I asked my teacher this morning and as she's writing the test, she said that I don't need to know specific dates, and e.g. 18th century is sufficient.

Also, i'm shocking with remembering countries involvement in war etc.. would a couple of members for each organisation be okay?
Thank you :)(