Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 08:29:32 am

Author Topic: Essay Evidence/Arguments: Young Offenders  (Read 19247 times)  Share 

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "Hey little fighter, soon it will be brighter."
  • Respect: +970
Re: Essay Evidence/Arguments: Young Offenders
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2017, 12:55:15 am »
Hey,

I've been looking into media cases for Young Offenders, and like many have said I can't really find many...

Does anyone know the best resources/places to go to get cases for this topic?

Thank you so much,

Mary x

Have a look at Bronson Blessington's case - he's an adult now who was given a life sentence while still a minor. The UN has made comments about his jail time, so there's some stuff out there! But, you are not the first person to struggle with finding cases for Y.O, given the very nature of the "young" offenders, often information is hard to find.
Not sure how to navigate around ATAR Notes? Check out this video!

Mary_a

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +10
Re: Essay Evidence/Arguments: Young Offenders
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2017, 09:21:25 am »
Have a look at Bronson Blessington's case - he's an adult now who was given a life sentence while still a minor. The UN has made comments about his jail time, so there's some stuff out there! But, you are not the first person to struggle with finding cases for Y.O, given the very nature of the "young" offenders, often information is hard to find.

Hi Elyse,

Thank you so much! I had no idea about that case and I am sure that if I can properly incorporate this into my essays it will give it a boost!

Mary x
Hey!
I did the HSC last year (2017) and my 10 units were English Advanced, English Extension 1, English Extension 2, Legal Studies, Maths and Studies of Religion 2. I achieved my ATAR aim of over 90!

I loved tutoring and running essay writing workshops (privately and at InFlow Education) so much that I decided to study a Bachelor of Secondary Education, majoring in English and minoring in Maths!

If you're thinking about tutoring, let me know x