Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 09:41:41 pm

Author Topic: Quota subjects - likelihood of being denied entry  (Read 1042 times)  Share 

uoping

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Quota subjects - likelihood of being denied entry
« on: February 09, 2019, 01:56:49 pm »
I want to do principles of finance FNCE10002 as my breadth in my first year while undertaking bsc. When confirming enrolment, it warned me that the subject has a quota, so I may not be admitted. According to this site: https://handbook.unimelb.edu.au/2019/subjects/fnce10002/dates-times, there are 1900 places and it's first come first serve. This is worrying as I enrolled quite late. How likely is it that 1900 places are taken up?
I am also unable to find the a date for when they confirm/deny your entry.
EDIT1: I want to do it in my first sememester
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 02:14:52 pm by uoping »

spectroscopy

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +373
Re: Quota subjects - likelihood of being denied entry
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2019, 02:29:10 pm »
I want to do principles of finance FNCE10002 as my breadth in my first year while undertaking bsc. When confirming enrolment, it warned me that the subject has a quota, so I may not be admitted. According to this site: https://handbook.unimelb.edu.au/2019/subjects/fnce10002/dates-times, there are 1900 places and it's first come first serve. This is worrying as I enrolled quite late. How likely is it that 1900 places are taken up?
I am also unable to find the a date for when they confirm/deny your entry.
EDIT1: I want to do it in my first sememester

Has timetabling opened yet?
If you have already successfully enrolled - thats great you have a spot for now.
If timetabling hasn't opened yet, then make sure you log in as soon as the timetabling is available and pick a class. If you wait too long for that you might find there are no class slots left and they won't create any more and you have to drop the subject.

Hope this helps!

uoping

• Adventurer
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2019, 02:34:26 pm »
Has timetabling opened yet?
If you have already successfully enrolled - thats great you have a spot for now.
If timetabling hasn't opened yet, then make sure you log in as soon as the timetabling is available and pick a class. If you wait too long for that you might find there are no class slots left and they won't create any more and you have to drop the subject.

Hope this helps!

Timetabling is open. There are classes available and I have registered for all classes. They are going to release more class slots later as most are unavailable atm. Does that mean I'm in a good position to be able to get the subject? As most people that have it as a core/prereq would've probably enrolled by now and registered in classes.

uoping

• Adventurer
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2019, 07:06:00 pm »
If I have picked and registered in my classes, am I safe from being kicked out of the subject?

spectroscopy

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +373
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2019, 04:55:09 am »
If I have picked and registered in my classes, am I safe from being kicked out of the subject?
Yes good work