Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 25, 2024, 06:02:30 am

Author Topic: 360 vs KERSER  (Read 13109 times)  Share 

Phy124

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +464
360 vs KERSER
« on: January 05, 2012, 03:34:24 pm »
I'm not usually too interested in this type of music, but I do find these two guys quite amusing.

For those interested the battle has been released:

http://musicfeeds.com.au/news/watch-360-vs-kerser-rap-battle-exclusive/

3:35 for start of battle

Opinions on who won? best lines? etc.
Mathematical Methods | Physics | Chemistry | English | Business Management

2012-2017
Bachelor of Science in Applied Mathematics and Bachelor of Civil Engineering (Honours) @ Monash University

Current
Transport Modeller @ Arup

taiga

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +588
Re: 360 vs KERSER
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 04:15:26 pm »
Great battle, really really close one.

Great calls from Kerser on what 360's done to traditional Aus Hip Hop, and some good lines especially when it came down to chat about girlfriends. I did feel that a lot of his quicker bars sounded overprepared, and I think it takes away from the battle a little bit.

360 has definitely improved a lot since he started, he's got a much  better flow and doesn't keep beating on the same jokes as he has done previously. Great bars with coming clean off drugs too.

I give it to 360 by a tiny bit for his on the spot material. Great battle, lived up to big expectations.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 04:17:05 pm by taiga »
vce: english, methods, spesh, chemistry, physics, geography.

ex admin/mod/partner

2010: Melbourne High School (VCE)
2011 - 2016: Monash University BComm/BEng (Hons)

If you guys have any concerns/suggestions for making ATARNotes a better place, don't hesitate to PM me.

Lasercookie

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +326
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 04:20:22 pm »
I stopped watching about halfway through, but I thought the tennis instructor line was pretty funny.

The Kerser guy seemed to talk directly to the 360 guy, which made his lines seem a bit more direct - the 360 guy seemed like he was talking to the audience really. I don't know much about this kind of stuff, but I thought that was a bit odd.

Phy124

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2012, 05:25:21 pm »
Great battle, really really close one.

Great calls from Kerser on what 360's done to traditional Aus Hip Hop, and some good lines especially when it came down to chat about girlfriends. I did feel that a lot of his quicker bars sounded overprepared, and I think it takes away from the battle a little bit.
Agree'd, when I was listening to those lines I was definitely thinking he had prepared them earlier rather than freestyle.

360 has definitely improved a lot since he started, he's got a much  better flow and doesn't keep beating on the same jokes as he has done previously. Great bars with coming clean off drugs too.

I give it to 360 by a tiny bit for his on the spot material. Great battle, lived up to big expectations.
Yep, certainly lived up to the hype IMO, but now their will be the inevitable, "kerser is the sickest, he f*cked '60 up bad", "dude, kerser is the sh*test, 360 was all over him" etc.

I stopped watching about halfway through, but I thought the tennis instructor line was pretty funny.
haha yeah that was a good one

The Kerser guy seemed to talk directly to the 360 guy, which made his lines seem a bit more direct - the 360 guy seemed like he was talking to the audience really. I don't know much about this kind of stuff, but I thought that was a bit odd.
I certainly understand what you mean, I noticed that too. Maybe they just have different styles of delivery.

2012-2017
Bachelor of Science in Applied Mathematics and Bachelor of Civil Engineering (Honours) @ Monash University

Current

taiga

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +588
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2012, 09:23:41 pm »
I do agree with Kerser to an extent thoguh, 360's music has attracted a lot of idiots to the aus hip-hop scene.

I did an interview with him just before he exploded, he saaid that he doesn't want to be in the traditional aus hip-hop scene, but given the genre is still in it's baby steps in terms of popularity it was inevitable he'd be chucked into the same group. I think we're doing a follow up interview in February.
vce: english, methods, spesh, chemistry, physics, geography.

ex admin/mod/partner

2010: Melbourne High School (VCE)
2011 - 2016: Monash University BComm/BEng (Hons)

If you guys have any concerns/suggestions for making ATARNotes a better place, don't hesitate to PM me.

Saur11

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2012, 10:08:39 pm »
I thought the best lines were "everything i have achieved is everything you aspire to be" and Kerser's dad line was in my opinion the funniest of the battle. Also, it was like the only battle i've seen where 360 is serious and doesn't just say funny shit. Personally, i think 60 was better but it was really good nonetheless.

oliverk94

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2012, 11:55:13 pm »
360 is absolutely amazing, the shit that he comes up is pure genius. Guys, I recommend you watch the 360 and Justice vs TheSaurus and Madness battle one of the greatest battles I have ever seen.

Truck

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +122
  • School: who needs school when you got SWAG?
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2012, 12:08:01 am »
360 for suuuure.

All I gotta say is if kerser is the sickest, somalians are the richest (and turtles are quickest etc).

edit: I'm a bit biased though because I hate the way kerser raps, most of his songs just don't gel with me.
#yolo #thuglife #swaggotandproud

Inspirations: Mahtama Ghandi, T-Pain, The Caped Crusader and Ayn Rand.

JellyDonut

• charlie sheen of AN
  • Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +59
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2012, 12:23:03 pm »
What the fuck is up with GTN with these ridiculous 3 min fillers.

360 won hands down and I find his shit boring as hell. His flow were a lot smoother whereas Kerser sounded awkward, out of place and jumpy. Also, if you're gonna pre-write material, try not to deliver it all at once.

Guys, I recommend you watch the 360 and Justice vs TheSaurus and Madness battle one of the greatest battles I have ever seen.
Do this. It is ridiculously good
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 12:26:29 pm by JellyDonut »
It's really not that hard to quantify..., but I believe that being raped once is not as bad as being raped five times, even if the one rape was by a gang of people.

Phy124

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2012, 04:04:28 pm »
Guys, I recommend you watch the 360 and Justice vs TheSaurus and Madness battle one of the greatest battles I have ever seen.
Do this. It is ridiculously good

Yeah, that was a quality battle!

Additionally, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4mQgJqOYIQ&list=PL3A634F77C91FAF7C&feature=plcp&context=C3f154d8FDOEgsToPDskLr-nPM6MzXcYy30-DGBilG

2012-2017

Current

JellyDonut

• charlie sheen of AN
  • Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +59
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2012, 06:47:44 pm »
I never get sick of The Saurus fat jokes for some reason
It's really not that hard to quantify..., but I believe that being raped once is not as bad as being raped five times, even if the one rape was by a gang of people.

kwheattt

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
  • School Grad Year: 2011
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2012, 08:13:19 pm »
hahaha 360's lines about tennis instructor and kerser's family tree - "each member smokin a bong wearin a slazenger tee." absolute gold!

Good calls on both side though, tough choice!
"Sometimes all you need is just 20 seconds of insane courage. Just literally 20 seconds of just embarrassing bravery and I promise you something great will come of it."

2011: 94.3

2012: BSc - The University of Melbourne