Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 02:03:41 pm

Author Topic: Ariel close analysis help!  (Read 1013 times)  Share 

MitosisMeiosis

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Ariel close analysis help!
« on: August 04, 2019, 06:43:58 pm »
+1
Hey atarnotes,
Was wondering if anyone could share insight on the possible "golden threads" in Plath's poetry and if anyone could post any Ariel close analysis essays (excluding the ones from the 2018 literature examination report)

Thanks!

anna.comet

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +12
Re: Ariel close analysis help!
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2019, 05:52:54 pm »
+1
Hi there!

My first recommendation and most important tip I think is to remember that the golden thread should be slightly different every time you write, because it is dependent on the exact passages that are given to you! I urge you to view the golden thread as different every time, and that you can't try to squeeze any of the passages into the same golden thread every time.

With that being said, some of the popular themes across Plath's work includes the dynamics of familial relationships (the idolisation but also hate of a father vs the real love of a mother to a child); the unrealistic expectations and stereotypes enforced upon women (e.g. Kindness, Munich Mannequins, The Applicant); and the inherent contradictions found within emotions, and between oneself and the outside world (e.g. Letter in November, The Moon in the Yew Tree).

Unfortunately I symbolically burnt most of my close analysis essays from last year post-exam period, but the best help to you is to practice yourself anyway! Hand in practices to your teacher and don't forget to implement their comments into your next lot of work.

I hope that that helps! Good luck with Lit and keep asking questions! :-)

Booop

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
  • School: Emmanuel College
  • School Grad Year: 2020
Re: Ariel close analysis help!
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2019, 09:10:56 pm »
Really good question man!