HSC Stuff > New South Wales Education Discussion

Received bad marks in half yearlys, can i still get a 98+ atar

(1/2) > >>

cxmplete:
Hi,
I've just recently completed my half yearlys and we've gotten our marks back. Lets just say those marks weren't what I expected and were pretttyyy terrible, and I'm currently freaking out about whether I can still get a 98+ atar, even if I put in the effort for the rest of the year. Is it still possible?

AngelWings:
As long as you put in the effort, find out what you did wrong and persevere, I don't see why you can't achieve a 98+ still.

I'm not entirely sure how it works in NSW, but if it's like Victoria, half yearlies will be a small (if any) percentage of your marks in comparison to the real exams at the end of the year. I would recommend talking to your teacher to see where you lost marks, why you lost them and how to avoid the situation again, so it's all fixed by the time the real deal rolls around.  :)
Also, rankings. Rankings may be important.

I'll let the NSW AN crew to come by and inspire you more than my 30 second reply did.

sophroberts812:

--- Quote from: cxmplete on March 27, 2017, 05:41:25 pm ---Hi,
I've just recently completed my half yearlys and we've gotten our marks back. Lets just say those marks weren't what I expected and were pretttyyy terrible, and I'm currently freaking out about whether I can still get a 98+ atar, even if I put in the effort for the rest of the year. Is it still possible?

--- End quote ---

Hey Cxmplete i'm not sure if this would be of help, but I watched this recently... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yV2G3WvUZNQ

And also, this ATAR Notes article https://atarnotes.com/vce-english/ might be relevant?? :)

bowiemily:

--- Quote from: cxmplete on March 27, 2017, 05:41:25 pm ---Hi,

--- End quote ---

I can't stress how important your HSC exams are! What you want to be focussing on at the moment is your rank rather than your actual mark. That way, when you are performing at your peak (which we assume is the HSC exam), your assessment mark is replaced by a better one. I was in the same boat as you, in that I was not happy with my Modern History half yearly. This didn't stop me from achieving a 95 in the end though - as this was my exam mark AND I was ranked 1st in the course.

I hope this clarifies things a little!

cxmplete:
My ranks were ranging from 3rd to mid-cohort, is that ok?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version