Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 10:21:00 am

Author Topic: Identifying a Technique  (Read 596 times)

SebastianHabibi

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Identifying a Technique
« on: April 08, 2019, 05:59:53 pm »
Howdy,
i'm writing something for English on The Tempest and my technique identification sucks. Can someone help me with:
"I shall miss thee, but yet thou shalt have freedom" (Prospero's expressing the difficult but necessary process of letting go of Ariel, in order to liberate both of them)

THANKS <3

angewina_naguen

• HSC Lecturer
  • Part of the furniture
  • Musical Theatre Tragic And Ultimate Pun Generator
  • Respect: +1026
Re: Identifying a Technique
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2019, 10:26:20 pm »
+2
Howdy,
i'm writing something for English on The Tempest and my technique identification sucks. Can someone help me with:
"I shall miss thee, but yet thou shalt have freedom" (Prospero's expressing the difficult but necessary process of letting go of Ariel, in order to liberate both of them)

THANKS <3

Hey, SebastianHabibi!

For that quote, you could use the personal pronoun "I" in Prospero's dialogue that emphasises the difficulty of his personal decision to free Ariel and also combine this with the conjunctions "but yet" which looks at the liberating and beneficial outcomes connecting what he has chosen to do  :) If you struggle with identifying techniques, this fantastic glossary of dramatic techniques can be a great reference resource to help you out  8) Hope this helps!

Angelina  ;D
-HSC 2018-

-ATAR-

-UNI 2019-2022-
Bachelor of Music (Music Education) at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music

SebastianHabibi

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Re: Identifying a Technique
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2019, 09:29:14 am »
Thanks, this helps a tonne!