Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 19, 2024, 05:29:46 pm

Author Topic: Welcome to the ATAR Notes Forums!  (Read 8684 times)

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
Welcome to the ATAR Notes Forums!
« on: February 05, 2020, 12:36:29 pm »
+16

Hey,

There are lots of great resources on the forums and it's fantastic to be able to learn from contributing your own and giving back to the community. To help you access this, there are many posts explaining how to do stuff and giving you info on the forums. Feel free to access these now or - if you're someone who prefers to skip tutorials - just know that they are there should you want access to their help later.

Asking & Contributing
First up, ATAR notes works on people posting, whether that's someone posting a question or request for resources, sharing how their day's been, or providing support and assistance to other members of the forum community. If you find that posting isn't intuitive (which for many people it isn't the first time) this How to Use the ATAR Notes Forums Guide has information ranging from the basics of how to make a post to how to do things with code like formatting text and embedding videos.

Finding Resources and Forum Areas
Second of all, it's useful to know where to find what you're looking for. I've put together this Forum Navigation Aid to help you with just that. There are heaps of resources like subject specific guides that you'll only be able to find by navigating to that area. You can also use the QCE, VCE, & HSC buttons to navigate directly to those areas of the forums. If you post in the wrong spot, a moderator will be able to fix it, so it's certainly not the end of the world, but posting in the right places will make it easier for people who can help you to find your post.

Forum Leadership Team
Speaking of moderators, they are highly respected volunteers who help keep the forums organised & flourishing and they are the people you should talk to if you have any concerns about the forums. This could include things like being concerned about a post you've seen or wanting to change your username to protect your privacy. There is a full list of the moderation team which is kept updated.

Rules
Part of keeping the forums organised and flourishing is through the Rules of the ATAR Notes forum. These are mostly about being respectful to eachother and to the forums itself, but there are some things in there you might not expect - like avoiding posting the same thing in multiple places. If you accidentally break a rule like this you'll find that a moderator will delete duplicate posts. Moderators also have the power to intervene with rule breaking in other ways if necessary.

The Forums are a Kind Place - I Promise
This is very intentionally a wholesome community where we try to provide support to as many students as we can. I wouldn't have contributed to the forums for so long if I didn't believe in it & I hope that you also find the forums to be more helpful than you  imagined. If you have any questions - even especially if you feel silly for not knowing the answer, please feel free to ask. Questions about how ATAR Notes works belong here & the forum navigation can be used to direct you to other question areas.

If you're not sure where to get started, why not try making a post here?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 10:54:46 pm by Bri MT »