Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 08:48:48 am

Author Topic: Son of a bitch! Monash Authcate system.  (Read 14437 times)  Share 

rhcpfox1

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: +1
Re: Son of a bitch! Monash Authcate system.
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2008, 02:50:17 pm »
Yeah, my scholarship account didn't work either. When I created a new account, it gave me a password error twice but I was able to log in with the second password I attempted. At least that's over now! =P

Who else has done their timetable? If all goes to plan, I'll be a free man on Thursdays =D

Good work aidan, I did my timetable and I've got Tuesdays off as of now and have Fridays off from 12->

I'm wondering how likely it is to get your timetable preferences?
As I'm assuming they don't run Tute's in every available timeslot...but I hope so :)

Good luck everyone with their subject selection too, then trying to fit it all into a nice timetable which gives you some free time!
quot;I only play Pac-Man and that car-jack game, there's nothing like scoring a caddy and mowing down street-hoes" - Dr.Kelso

BA22

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2008, 02:52:46 pm »
i can't use allocate haha, my units are locked so i can't even get a timetable yet

I only have one unit a semester until the star of third year anyway, so it's simple for me, haha

Juztine

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2008, 05:28:26 pm »
hmm i had trouble to with my monash account, emailed the ITS support and they called straight back like 10 mins later =O

now I'm having trouble allocating my chosen units to a timetable structure LOL
-justine

costargh

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2008, 05:36:43 pm »
Have you guys already enrolled or something?

ninwa

• Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +1021
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2008, 06:18:07 pm »
Have you guys already enrolled or something?

Yep :D

It feels so real now ...
ExamPro enquiries to [email protected]

costargh

« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2008, 06:19:32 pm »
Is that for all courses or just certain ones?

ninwa

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2008, 06:21:21 pm »
I think most Monash courses have had their enrolment day now ....

cara.mel

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2008, 06:23:40 pm »
I think most Monash courses have had their enrolment day now ....

Are you serious? =o
Mine is on like wednesday o_O

ninwa

« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2008, 06:27:13 pm »
really :|

ooook. should check facts before I open my big fat mouth lol.

Ninox

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • vive le science!
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2008, 10:46:07 pm »
really :|

ooook. should check facts before I open my big fat mouth lol.

yeh we had PRE-enrolment info sessions last week. next week begins proper enrolment.
BTW aidan, do we have to do our online WES stuff before monday? or can we do it then, since we'll have access to course advisors on the day. The Enrolment booklet did say to "allow 2 to 3 hours" for enrolment sessions, so I'm assuming there's still room for all of that on monday.
And I've finally decided to do materials engineering, and majoring in chemistry and maybe physiology for my majors in science.

2006: Engineering Studies 45 (Premier's Award), Religion and Societies 39
2007: Methods 45, Spesh 46, Chem 50, Physics 41, Literature 39, MUEP Maths 5.5
ENTER: 99.60
Science/Engineering @ Monash; Mat'ls Eng; Chem, Physiology?

excal

• VN Security
  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Über-Geek
  • Respect: +21
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2008, 12:20:21 am »
Yeah, my scholarship account didn't work either. When I created a new account, it gave me a password error twice but I was able to log in with the second password I attempted. At least that's over now! =P

Who else has done their timetable? If all goes to plan, I'll be a free man on Thursdays =D

I'm wondering how likely it is to get your timetable preferences?

Possible - but generally never for ALL your activities. You'll probably get a few 2nds in there too.
excal (VCE 05/06) BBIS(IBL) GradCertSc(Statistics) MBBS(Hons) GCertClinUS -- current Master of Medicine candidate
Former Global Moderator

Juztine

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2008, 01:41:35 am »
does anyone know how to allocate classes to timetable ? it says that we're supposed to do it online on the MUTTS website but i dont know how to T___T
-justine

excal

• VN Security
  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Über-Geek
  • Respect: +21
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2008, 01:58:39 am »
MUTTS is only used to get a overall look at times a unit has its activities.

Have you enrolled into your units already? If so, you need to use Allocate+ (http://allocate.its.monash.edu.au/) to enter your allocation preferences.
excal (VCE 05/06) BBIS(IBL) GradCertSc(Statistics) MBBS(Hons) GCertClinUS -- current Master of Medicine candidate
Former Global Moderator

aidansteele

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2008, 03:33:00 am »
Yep :D

It feels so real now ...

To be honest, it still hasn't quite hit me that school is over forever! I'm still seeing friends almost every day and it feels no different to any summer holidays. I'm a bit slow like that - it'll probably be midway through second year before I realise "shit, I'm in uni now!"

yeh we had PRE-enrolment info sessions last week. next week begins proper enrolment.
BTW aidan, do we have to do our online WES stuff before monday? or can we do it then, since we'll have access to course advisors on the day. The Enrolment booklet did say to "allow 2 to 3 hours" for enrolment sessions, so I'm assuming there's still room for all of that on monday.
And I've finally decided to do materials engineering, and majoring in chemistry and maybe physiology for my majors in science.

We have the option of doing WES and timetabling now, yup. I chose to do it all online as I got home on Friday (well, Saturday) at about 1AM and it was all available so a friend and I enrolled and chose our subjects then. That said, you can still do it on Monday in person if you really want to. However, I only had two choices (after choosing my stream - Electrical): whether or not to do the MTH1030/MTH2010 combination and which science unit duo I wanted to do (FIT1002 and FIT1015). Perhaps there is more to your enrolment than mine! In any case, you are correct in your assumptions :D

MUTTS is a great system. It made it very easy to set my preferences so that my second and third (and occasionally fourth!) preferences would clash with auto-allocated lectures. As the allocation system is more inclined to give someone else their second preference than give me my fifth, I should get all my first preferences :D

Either that, or I'm stuffed :D
VTAC Offer Combubulator! - See who is doing your course - http://aidans.org/offers/

Ninox

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • vive le science!
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2008, 09:56:08 pm »
 However, I only had two choices (after choosing my stream - Electrical): whether or not to do the MTH1030/MTH2010 combination and which science unit duo I wanted to do (FIT1002 and FIT1015). Perhaps there is more to your enrolment than mine! In any case, you are correct in your assumptions :D
[/quote]

yeh, I was thinking of the future rather than first year... ::) whoops...
Well having said that, apart from choosing my eng discipline, chemistry and my maths units (1030 and 2010), I could even skip 1030 if what nash said to me afterwards holds, all I need to worry about is Physics vs biology. I didnt do vce bio, so should I do this bio to prepare me for the future physio bits, or should I do physics to strengthen/broaden my chem / mat eng outlook?  :o I didn't realise until last night that we only had to choose this stuff.
aidan, u wouldn't happen to be related to Ian steele, perhaps, IT teacher, calls himself the "Man of Steele?"
2006: Engineering Studies 45 (Premier's Award), Religion and Societies 39
2007: Methods 45, Spesh 46, Chem 50, Physics 41, Literature 39, MUEP Maths 5.5
ENTER: 99.60
Science/Engineering @ Monash; Mat'ls Eng; Chem, Physiology?