Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 11:39:24 pm

Author Topic: Students who have done Psych and Chem!  (Read 1729 times)  Share 

iprocrastinate

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
  • School Grad Year: 2016
Students who have done Psych and Chem!
« on: October 18, 2015, 10:15:47 pm »
Hey guys,
I want to ask how heavy the work load is for each of these subjects? How many sacs did you do in the year and how often did you study for these subjects?

I expect Chem would demand a lot more time, since Psych is pretty much just ROTE learning.. but I might be wrong

The Usual Student

• Forum Leader
  • Wisdom begins in wonder
  • Respect: +24
Re: Students who have done Psych and Chem!
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2015, 10:32:33 pm »
Hey guys,
I want to ask how heavy the work load is for each of these subjects? How many sacs did you do in the year and how often did you study for these subjects?

I expect Chem would demand a lot more time, since Psych is pretty much just ROTE learning.. but I might be wrong

psych is a heavy content subject so it depends on how you pace yourself through the year, i never did prac questions before a sac instead i just revised over and over again. It worked for my school sacs as i ended up doing pretty well. So i reckon it is a far more conceptually based subject opposed to practical. Not saying you shouldn't do prac exams though, it is just less of a skill subject and more of a communication subject.

If you pace yourself through the year, revise and memorise at the schools pace, you should do fine. Not a hard subject but more of a subject you need to be organised for.

bonjour-sarah

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: +2
  • School Grad Year: 2015
Re: Students who have done Psych and Chem!
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2015, 06:33:02 pm »

As already said, psych is heavy on memory, understanding concepts and then applying them- but mostly memory. With this, to do well you need to be working really hard throughout the year and ensuring you do lots of practice just like anything. I would actually think it is more work during the year, because it is heavy memory, but less difficult as such.

Chemistry is also a huge workload but in a different way. Arguably, it is less demanding throughout the year, as the content is less, but the understanding is a lot more complex. You need to be able to apply what you have learn in a number of forms, and be comfortable with maths and formulas. When you do sacs, you will be making mistakes and losing more marks due to error, or lack of grasping the concept fully. 

Essentially it's about what you will enjoy doing the most. :)
2014: Biology
2015: English  - French - Literature - Chemistry - Methods 
2016: Monash University | Bachelor of Medicine/ Surgery