Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 05:57:08 pm

Author Topic: Journey to something????  (Read 19426 times)

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +856
Re: Journey to something????
« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2019, 06:48:19 am »
+3
Sending good vibes today! <3
With two spares to prepare in, I'm sure you'll do fine. It's just a matter of remembering what you already know and reminding yourself of what you learnt for the SAC and throughout the term.

NomotivationF

• Forum Obsessive
  • Serial procrastinator
  • Respect: +93
« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2019, 05:45:17 pm »
+4
Sending good vibes today! <3
With two spares to prepare in, I'm sure you'll do fine. It's just a matter of remembering what you already know and reminding yourself of what you learnt for the SAC and throughout the term.
All I can say is good luck, keep your head up and RIP......

Thanks guys I really appreciate it :)

So on how the trial went. I had no idea what to write for my analysing argument essay, its like the last 3 years of writing these types of essay left my mind. Oh well, still wrote around 4 pages. For section A and B however I actually ended up writing a decent amount due to the fact that I was able to memorise a decent amount of evidence. However, I know that quality is better than quantity in English, and I can say with certainty that I did not have high quality writing.
All in all though I was hoping to write 3 full essays, and that's what I got done :).
Offering tutoring for Economics, Further Maths and Psychology
(Email [email protected])
(Mobile - 0435076426)

My journey through VCE

How I got a Raw 48 in Economics

2018 - Accounting [42] Further Maths [44]
2019 - English [39] Economics [48] Psychology [44] Maths methods [33]
ATAR - 97.5
2020-2023 - Ba Commerce/Science @Monash

NomotivationF

• Forum Obsessive
  • Serial procrastinator
« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2019, 02:56:53 pm »
+6
General
So life is pretty good right now. Holidays have started, but then again, they aren't really holidays are they? It's been a while though, so time to update.

English
Okay so you know how I didn't exactly read the books going into the sac? Well I ended up doing insane study on understanding the books (without reading them) and just memorised around 15 quotes going into the sac. My English writing skills aren't naturally good, but holy shit I ended up score 57/60 for the sac, which is INSANE!!! It's more than I could ever have hoped for, and compared to my year 11 mark for the comparative essay, I improved by 22%!!! So suuuper stoked about that, puts me at 94/100 for Unit 4 English!!!. However, the trial.... not so good. Although I finished all my essays I didn't actually do that well - I scored 6.5/10 for section A, 7/10 for section B and 6/10 for section C. I was hoping for atleast 70% on the trial, but that's okay, it was only a trial and I have a lot of time to improve before the actually exam.

Economics
I again, fucking killed the sac. Got 33/35 which scales to 38/40 for VCAA. Highest score in the cohort and I'm pretty sure that boosts me to rank 1 baby!!!!!!!!!!! Honestly though I think I only scored that well because I genuinely enjoyed the topic. Puts me at 94/100 for Unit 4 eco as well which is pretty fucking hype, I greatly exceeded my expectations. Also, I scored 67/80 on my trial exam, which was the highest in the cohort if i'm not mistaken. I wasn't really aiming for a score on this trial as I just wanted to see where I was at overall, and it seems to be pretty decent. I got a lot of good tips from that one exam that I can not work to improve on, one of the most important being current world statistics and trends.

Psychology
Okay well bitter-sweet moment here. I initially scored 28/30, which I was content with; then when I looked at the sac my teacher took a mark off where she shouldn't have, so I got moved up to 29/30. However, when my teacher submitted the mark onto the system, she put it as a 28/30...... and now she isn't allowed to change it as it's 'against the policy' to do so. Kinda bullshit, but I gotta learn to live with. Either way, I end up with a 85/90 for Unit 4, and am ranked somewhere in the top 5 as far as I know. I scored reeeeeeeaaaaaly well in the psych trial though, I scored 106/120, 6 of those marks being lost in Multi-choice and 5 in the ER (which I half arsed). Either way though it was apparently the highest score in the cohort and the mistakes I made were easy to fix, which makes me really confident about the final exam already. I just need to keep doing timed practice and re-writing the answers I get even 1 mark off on and I should be good.

Methods
So you know how I'm garbage at methods? I scored fucking 20/25 in the probability sac, which my my standards is fucking insane. It puts me at 71/100 for my sac average, when my goal at the start of the year was just to have a passing average, so super stoked about that. However, the trial is another story. 13/40 tech free and 32/80 on tech active. I got a lot to work on in the lead up to the exam.

Scores
Spoiler
English
Sac 1 (Creative) - 29/30. Pretty happy with this one, but was still hoping for a 30/30.
Sac 2a (Single analysis) - 17/20. Disappointed. I thought I did well on this sac but apparently not. Also annoyed since this mark should've been scaled up due to comparative mark but my teacher did not change the mark.
Sac 2b (Comparative analysis) - 19/20. Very happy. I honestly thought I screwed this one up pretty bad so I was extremely happy with this mark.
Sac 3 (Single text response) - 27/30. Very happy, hard work paid off.
Unit 3 - 92/100

Sac 4 (Oral + Statement of Intention) - 28/30, 9/10 (37/40). Very happy, felt like I deserved both scores.
Sac 5 (Comparative text response) - 57/60, Could hope for anything better
Unit 4 - 94/100

Psych
Sac 1 (The Nervous system/Stress) - 47/50. WoooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Extremely happy knowing that the work i put in paid off. However, feeling a bit nervous since on average other classes did way better than mine.
Sac 2 (Neural plasticity + processes of learning) - 23/25. Holy fucking shit I was hoping for around a 22-23/25 but I'm fuming right now as i'm suffering due to my teacher's mistakes
Sac 3 (Learning and memory)  - 34/35 --> 24.2/25. So fucking happy, the ward work paid off.
Unit 3 - 94/100

Sac 4 (EPI) - 28/30. Not happy, ranking has been pulled down from 2 --> 4.
Sac 5 (Mental health and phobias) - 44/45 --> 29/30 - Absolutely stoked. After sac was hoping for over 40 but I exceeded my expectations. Had one of the best ER's of the cohort which I was proud of. Bit disappointed that I didn't ace it but nobody did.
Sac 6 (SOC and sleep) - 28/30... teacher inputted the wrong score.
Unit 4 - 85/90

Eco
Sac 1 (Microeconomics) - 42.5/45 --> 37.77/40 . Pretty happy, was expecting lower.
Sac 2a (Macroeconomics + Growth) - 36/40 --> 13.5/15. Pretty happy considering I had to cut a few answers short due to time pressures
Sac 2b (Low inflation + full employment) - 32.5/35 -->13.9/15. Extremely fucking happy. Thought I screwed up but I didn't so yaaaaaaaay
Sac 3 (Australia and the world economy) - 27.5/30. Very happy, hard work paid off, 2nd highest score in cohort by a mile
Unit 3 - 94/100 (Not actually sure about my total, depends if scores are rounded up before being added up.)

Sac 4 (AD factors) - 46/49 --> 56/60 - I'll have to live with it. The highest mark on this sac was 58/60, may have moved up or down rankings, not sure.
Sac 5 (AS factors) - 33/35 --> 38/40, highest in cohort pretty happy.
Unit 4 - 94/100

Methods
Sac 1 (50% coursework, graphs and stuff?) - 36/50. Well I greatly exceeded my expectations, so nothing to complain about. On top of the world!!!!!
Sac 2 (25% coursework, calculus and stuff) - 15/25. Was aiming to pass so I'm content, but could have done better if I worked quicker.
Sac 3 (25% coursework, probability) - 20/25, fucking godly
Unit 3/4 - 71/100
(Mobile - 0435076426)

My journey through VCE

ATAR - 97.5

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +856
« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2019, 07:57:34 am »
+1
Wow it sounds like you are doing an amazing job!! ;D Wishing you the best of luck in preparing for all of your exams, especially methods.

NomotivationF

• Forum Obsessive
  • Serial procrastinator
« Reply #49 on: October 07, 2019, 03:21:17 am »
+5
Oh boy school starts tomorrow (today?) and guess who's got a fucked sleep schedule!!!
(Mobile - 0435076426)

My journey through VCE

ATAR - 97.5

Seamus Wong

« Reply #50 on: October 07, 2019, 04:00:03 pm »
+3
Oh boy school starts tomorrow (today?) and guess who's got a fucked sleep schedule!!!

Haha yeah I feel you man. I went to bed yesterday at like 3:00 am and woke up this morning at 6

Geoo

• MOTM: DEC 19
  • Forum Leader
  • Class of 2020
  • Respect: +685
« Reply #51 on: October 07, 2019, 04:19:25 pm »
+4

I know that feeling..... good luck.

It is even worse with having daylight savings kick in, there goes another hour I have to get use too waking up at....
2020: VCE 93.2
2022: BSci/Arts (Chemistry/Pharmacology and French)@Monash

NomotivationF

• Forum Obsessive
  • Serial procrastinator
« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2019, 05:57:05 pm »
+8
Quick update on revision :)

General
Usually I don't really get stressed or nervous for exams. Even last year, I remember playing video games with my mates the day before my accounting exam because I was just chilling. I'm not sure if its the fact I've got only one week of school left, or that uni and REAL LIFE is just around the corner that has me stressing out constantly, but I've gotta say i'm still pretty excited.

English
Should definitely be practising more than I have been. At this point I've only written three essays since my trial and haven't really done anything else. Planning to just get some evidence analysis done and checked before starting to write more essays.

Economics
Going pretty well, done 6-7 exams now and I'm starting to hit low 90s. Finished last year's exam close book and am waiting to get feedback on it, if I get over 90% I'll be feeling pretty confident.

Psychology
Feeling reaaaallly good about this one. I've done upwards of 10 exams by now and I'm consistently hitting 90%, which is high enough to get me into the 40s. Like eco, I just did last years exam and am waiting to get feedback on it.

Methods
Oh boy. Even though I'm genuinely enjoying completing methods, I am so fucking shit at it. I'm hardly scraping 40% on tech free exams, and my performance on tech active exams fluctuates a shit ton, it basically just depends on if I understand what in the world the question is actually asking. So overall not to confident with methods at this point.

Happy revision everyone :)))
(Mobile - 0435076426)

My journey through VCE

ATAR - 97.5

NomotivationF

• Forum Obsessive
  • Serial procrastinator
« Reply #53 on: October 31, 2019, 07:44:06 pm »
+9
Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt.
So this is kinda a spam but just need to get it out

English
The Section B prompt made me creeeeaaam my pants. It was honestly the perfect topic, and it was something our teacher focused on all year so I was able to write a pretty decent essay on the exam. Section A on the other hand, almost everyone in our cohort had to eliminate one topic instantly as the entire prompt was based around a theme that we hadn't covered at all all year, so that was shit. Worst part was, the other topic that was left was super niche, and it was about two characters that as a cohort, didn't really go that into detail studying, meaning most of the evidence my classmates and I prepared were thrown out the window. So overall section A essay probably wasn't the best. Now section C is weird, it was the most bland and boring article that's ever come up on a vcaa exam in my opinion, but I guess they did it to differentiate students which is fair enough. No idea how I went on this one as I hardly remember what I wrote down.
At this point, if I had to predict the SS I get for English it'd be between 35-37. I'd be pretty disappointed if I get below 35, but given my sac scores I think that's unlikely.

Psychology
Suuuuper disappointed with how the exam today went. Feels all my hard work throughout the year has gone to waste, and I'm not going to be anywhere close to hitting my goal SS for this subject. I literally cried at the end of the exam, which is something I've never done before. When I was doing practice exams, I was able to bang out the multi-choice in 15-20 mins, and drop not more than 2 marks on average. However on the exam today, it took me upwards of 30 mins. I checked my muli-choice with the teacher's answers after the exam (probably not the best idea looking back) and it turns out I got 7 multi choice wrong........... Hadn't dropped more than 4 multi's in all the practice exams I'd done and then I drop almost double more on the actual exam. The main problem was that I didn't change my strategy for the exam. I realised that the multi-choice were difficult, so I should've given myself a lot more time to do them and to look over them, instead of rush it. So that fucking sucked. Not only that, but I freaked the fuck out on every single short answer question and over complicated and overthought every question that was asked. There was a question that I had done literally 5-6 times over on practice exams and gotten correct. The exact same question came up on the exam, AND I FUCKED IT because I over complicated it. I was so calm going into the exam. In all honesty I'd never felt more prepared for an exam in my entire life. But as soon as writing time started I got extremely nervous and stressed out, it was definitely the most nervous I've ever been in an exam for sure, waaaaay more than my first ever 3/4 exam. Really not happy with how I went, but now all I can do is hope to pass methods and to annihilate economics. Not all hope is lost. Probably.
Expected SS - ~37
(Mobile - 0435076426)

My journey through VCE

ATAR - 97.5

NomotivationF

• Forum Obsessive
  • Serial procrastinator
« Reply #54 on: November 06, 2019, 05:54:59 pm »
+6
Methods
SOOOOO FUCKING HAPPY with how exam 1 went. Even though I made a fuckton of silly mistakes, after I checked the solutions I got 21-22/40 when i'm being suuuper harsh. Going into the exam I was just aiming for over 15/40 so I really exceeded my expectations. Kinda annoying that the only exam I don't really need to perform well on, I perform well on...... Oh well I'm still happy. Also how the fuck do I stop needed to piss during the exam. Every single VCAA exam that I've done I have needed to take a piss during so I just waste 5 mins of my time that could be used to check over answers.
(Mobile - 0435076426)

My journey through VCE

ATAR - 97.5

NomotivationF

• Forum Obsessive
  • Serial procrastinator
« Reply #55 on: November 07, 2019, 08:54:55 pm »
+7
Methods 2.0
What the fuck. I did so fucking well in today's exam (by my standards). I calculated what I got if I was being super harsh, and I got 57/80, which is well above what's needed for a 25. Honestly I think with the scores I got I may end up with a 35, which may be higher than psych after scaling. Just thinking how much I improved with a few weeks of revision I wonder how much better I could've done in methods if I actually put effort in in throughout the year. Honestly, I actually started to enjoy methods once I actually learnt how to do shit, kinda regret not putting in the effort throughout the year, but oh well.
Predicted SS ~35
(Mobile - 0435076426)

My journey through VCE

ATAR - 97.5

whys

• VIC MVP - 2020
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +916
« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2019, 09:22:57 pm »
+3
Methods 2.0
What the fuck. I did so fucking well in today's exam (by my standards). I calculated what I got if I was being super harsh, and I got 57/80, which is well above what's needed for a 25. Honestly I think with the scores I got I may end up with a 35, which may be higher than psych after scaling. Just thinking how much I improved with a few weeks of revision I wonder how much better I could've done in methods if I actually put effort in in throughout the year. Honestly, I actually started to enjoy methods once I actually learnt how to do shit, kinda regret not putting in the effort throughout the year, but oh well.
Predicted SS ~35

Well done! Well earned and well achieved I'm sure!
psych [50] bio [50]
2021-2025: BMedSci/MD @ Monash

Geoo

• MOTM: DEC 19
  • Forum Leader
  • Class of 2020
  • Respect: +685
« Reply #57 on: November 07, 2019, 10:37:45 pm »
+2
Methods 2.0
Predicted SS ~35
Congratulations that's awesome! It's always nice when you do better than expected.
2020: VCE 93.2
2022: BSci/Arts (Chemistry/Pharmacology and French)@Monash

NomotivationF

• Forum Obsessive
  • Serial procrastinator
« Reply #58 on: November 14, 2019, 04:38:48 pm »
+6
Economics
Right. Well. I aced multi choice, which I am really happy about. Exam overall was quite straight forward, but there were two six markers that I know I screwed up quite bad. There was a question where it asked for ONE impact on two goals, but instead I ended up giving two different possible impacts on the goals which kinda contradicted themselves, so I don’t really know how many marks I’ll get for that question. There was another 6 marker which I think I misinterpreted, as well as a 4 marker in which I talked about more than they wanted, which again, may have led to me contradicting myself. There was also a ton of small stuff that I may have screwed up. Overall, going into the exam I was going for a 44+ since I was suuuper confident and was only dropping 3-4 marks on practice exams, but after completing it I don’t think that’s possible.
Estimated SS ~40.

Also. FUCKING EVERYTHING IS OVER FUCK YEAHHHHHHHHH. I’ll probably update this once results are out :)))
(Mobile - 0435076426)

My journey through VCE

ATAR - 97.5

NomotivationF

• Forum Obsessive
  • Serial procrastinator
« Reply #59 on: November 18, 2019, 02:28:25 pm »
+7
I was gonna update this when results are out but might as well write some of my goals for the holidays down in here instead of just having them in my head. It'll probably make me more likely to do it so here goes;

Goals before December 1st;
- Get an RSA
- Start doing my driving hours
- Start helping out more around the house

Goals before January 1st;
- Look for (and hopefully start to work) two jobs
- Finish 30-40 hours of driving

Goals before Uni starts
- Finish 120 hours of driving and get P's.
- Don't get fired from job/jobs
- Save up money for a car/rent

Exam period is almost officially done, hope everyone went well  ;D ;D  ✌️✌️
(Mobile - 0435076426)

My journey through VCE

ATAR - 97.5