Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 10:33:05 pm

Author Topic: Journey to something????  (Read 19394 times)

NomotivationF

• Forum Obsessive
  • Serial procrastinator
  • Respect: +93
Re: Journey to something????
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2019, 10:32:52 pm »
+7
General
So it's been a while. Hope you guys had a relaxing holiday and a nice ease into term 3.
Oh boyyyy where do I start. Okay so first, I got dumped (sad but I'll live), and second, PREFERENCES OPEN NEXT WEEEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!. I don't even really know what I wanna do. There's so many options!!!!!!!!!!. Good thing is that you can change preferences after exams from what I've heard?? On top of that  Okay let's get into it.

English
Alright so we've started to analyse and take notes on TLM, and I'm starting to realise I should really fucking read the books because I have no idea what's going on. What makes me nervous is that our comparative sac that's worth 60% of Unit 4 is in four and a half weeks and I'm no where close to ready to start writing. To be honest though, that's just English for me.

Economics
God damn Unit 4 is pretty hard. I thought I would be able to ease my way into the aggregate demand policies content but it's actually pretty tough. The sac (worth 60% of Unit 4) is on Wednesday next week, and we haven't even finished the content yet. This is probably going to be the sac that I revise the
least for even though it's worth the most which stresses me the fuck out since I've really been trying hard to maintain my rank at the top of the cohort.

Psychology
I really wasn't enjoying AOS2 when we started learning it but it's really grown on me. We started revision on Wednesday but I honestly haven't been able to get myself to do work as I always have my ex on my mind (kinda cringe but it's true.) Either way I'm glad I started revision in advance because I actually got a decent amount done before I got dumped, so I'm not toooooo screwed for sac. Either way this just adds onto my stress as the sac is in two days and I wanna keep my high rank as we have a very weak cohort.

Methods
Haven't gotten last sac back yet, I reckon i'll get 50% tho. Probability is ABSOLUTELY FUCKED.

Spoiler
Scores
English
Sac 1 (Creative) - 29/30. Pretty happy with this one, but was still hoping for a 30/30.
Sac 2a (Single analysis) - 17/20. Disappointed. I thought I did well on this sac but apparently not. Also annoyed since this mark should've been scaled up due to comparative mark but my teacher did not change the mark.
Sac 2b (Comparative analysis) - 19/20. Very happy. I honestly thought I screwed this one up pretty bad so I was extremely happy with this mark.
Sac 3 (Single text response) - 27/30. Very happy, hard work paid off.
Unit 3 - 92/100

Sac 4 (Oral + Statement of Intention) - 28/30, 9/10. Very happy, felt like I deserved both scores.

Psych
Sac 1 (The Nervous system/Stress) - 47/50. WoooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Extremely happy knowing that the work i put in paid off. However, feeling a bit nervous since on average other classes did way better than mine.
Sac 2 (Neural plasticity + processes of learning) - 23/25. Holy fucking shit I was hoping for around a 22-23/25 but I'm fuming right now as i'm suffering due to my teacher's mistakes
Sac 3 (Learning and memory)  - 34/35 --> 24.2/25. So fucking happy, the ward work paid off.
Unit 3 - 94/100

Sac 4 (EPI) - 28/30. Not happy, ranking has been pulled down from 2 --> 4.

Eco
Sac 1 (Microeconomics) - 42.5/45 --> 37.77/40 . Pretty happy, was expecting lower.
Sac 2a (Macroeconomics + Growth) - 36/40 --> 13.5/15. Pretty happy considering I had to cut a few answers short due to time pressures
Sac 2b (Low inflation + full employment) - 32.5/35 -->13.9/15. Extremely fucking happy. Thought I screwed up but I didn't so yaaaaaaaay
Sac 3 (Australia and the world economy) - 27.5/30. Very happy, hard work paid off, 2nd highest score in cohort by a mile
Unit 3 - 92-93/100

Methods
Sac 1 (50% total coursework) - 36/50. Well I greatly exceeded my expectations, so nothing to complain about. On top of the world!!!!!
Sac 2 (25% total coursework) - Going okay currently, going for a 50% but reckon I can hit 60%
Offering tutoring for Economics, Further Maths and Psychology
(Email [email protected])
(Mobile - 0435076426)

My journey through VCE

How I got a Raw 48 in Economics

2018 - Accounting [42] Further Maths [44]
2019 - English [39] Economics [48] Psychology [44] Maths methods [33]
ATAR - 97.5
2020-2023 - Ba Commerce/Science @Monash

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +856
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2019, 06:17:08 am »
+3
So it's been a while. Hope you guys had a relaxing holiday and a nice ease into term 3.
Oh boyyyy where do I start. Okay so first, I got dumped (sad but I'll live), and second, PREFERENCES OPEN NEXT WEEEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!. I don't even really know what I wanna do. There's so many options!!!!!!!!!!. Good thing is that you can change preferences after exams from what I've heard?? On top of that  Okay let's get into it.

At the minute, what do you think would be your top couple of preferences?

NomotivationF

• Forum Obsessive
  • Serial procrastinator
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2019, 09:46:28 am »
+4
At the minute, what do you think would be your top couple of preferences?

Well right now I’m probably going to put the BA of Commerce/Science as my first preference, as my plan has always been to do that and then move on to do a masters of teaching. But now I’m honestly low-key doubting if that’s what I really want to do as there’s so many courses that seem so interesting like computer sciences, marketing and soooo many more.
(Mobile - 0435076426)

My journey through VCE

ATAR - 97.5

NomotivationF

• Forum Obsessive
  • Serial procrastinator
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2019, 06:10:11 pm »
+7
Writing this an hour after finishing the psych sac and I’m genuinely very disappointed. I ended up studying extremely hard for this sac and I felt more prepared than I have ever been for a sac. I got stuck up on a few multi choice questions but after talking to classmates after the sac finished I found out that all of them were correct (still not sure about one). The short answer questions were a breeze but I’m not really sure how I went in them because I got no time at all to look over my answers to find mistakes. After finishing the questions I literally did not look at them again. I left myself 20 minutes to complete the 10 marker and I was hardly half way through when the teacher said there were 5 minutes remaining, which means I had to rush the end of the 10 marker. I’m super disappointed because I thought it was a really easy sac, and I could have genuinely aced it if I had 5 more minutes. I really hope I don’t get screwed over by this sac, but there’s nothing I can really do about it now. I just hope my writing on the 10 marker is legible and I don’t drop too many marks. Hoping to ATLEAST 40/45 , which scales to 27/30 for vcaa. I’ll be very disappointed if I score below this target, but I guess I’ll just have to find out 
« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 06:11:42 pm by NomotivationF »
(Mobile - 0435076426)

My journey through VCE

ATAR - 97.5

NomotivationF

• Forum Obsessive
  • Serial procrastinator
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2019, 09:45:57 pm »
+6
Yikes. Had a big weekend; celebrated a friend's 18th on Friday, went to gath at my mates house on Saturday and left today for recovery. Not one of my brightest ideas since I didn't even get a start on homework let alone sac revision for Wednesday. I feel like i'm falling down a rabbit hole and now's not the time for that to happen. I need to step the fuck up.
(Mobile - 0435076426)

My journey through VCE

ATAR - 97.5

NomotivationF

• Forum Obsessive
  • Serial procrastinator
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2019, 07:58:36 pm »
+6
General
This one may be a long read.
Yet again it's been quite a while since I've updated the journal, hope everyone's been able to cope with the busy term 3. Honestly, I've been struggling quite a lot. The past few weeks I have been extreeeeeeeeeeeemly unproductive. During the weekdays I tell myself I'll do the work on the weekend, but once it gets to the weekend I end up going out with friends and watching Netflix instead and I am now very behind in terms of where I'm usually at with my subjects. I have my comparative English sac next week (worth 60%) of Unit 4 and I STILL HAVEN'T READ THE GODDAMN BOOKS. I can't remember if I've shared why my username is 'NomotivationF,' but last year, it was the day before one of my accounting sacs and I was freaking out because I had done literally no study and my motivation levels were dropping throughout the year to the point where I basically gave up on all my subjects. So I still remember the night before the sac at around 11:30pm I created this account and made a post (which I have since deleted due to embarrassment/the amount I cringed when I read it back) where I basically ranted about how I needed motivation to study and I couldn't find any. I feel like what's been happening recently is history repeating itself.
I know what steps I need to take to bounce back, but similar to last year, I just cannot bring myself to do them. Maybe its the cumulative stress of the amount of sacs + uni preferences + my recent breakup and other shit that's just reached a tipping point, but I really don't know.

English
As I said I still haven't read the two books we are studying, however I do have a grasp of (mostly?) what happens in the books. The sac is next thursday and I am obviously not very confident, but I am planning to smash out reading both books as well as write a comparative essay and hand it into my teacher tomorrow. I really hope I can push myself tomorrow to try catch up on my work. At this point, I am aiming to finish with over 90/100 for unit 4 English, meaning I have to score 53/60 or over. I'm not sure if this is achievable given how far behind I am, but I have pulled through before so maybe I can do it again.

Economics
I got my last unit 4 sac back and I scored 46/49, which scales to 56/60 for vcaa. Initially I was happy with this score however I was very pissed off about a question that I lost 2 marks on. The answer I provided on the sac was almost exactly the same as what I provided on the homework (that I aced) with the same questions a few weeks ago, yet I still lost two marks. My teacher has to cross mark the sacs with the other economics teacher so he apologised but said he couldn't do anything about it. Oh well, I'll have to live with it. The highest mark on this sac was 58/60 so I couldn't have fallen to far down the rankings, if anything, I may have moved up as our previous rank one low-key screwed up the sac. Overall I'm content with the sac. The next and final sac (40% of Unit 4) is sometime in week 8, which is a lot closer than I expected since we've hardly started the topic, hoping for 37+/40 on the next sac.

Psychology
HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I fucking KILLED my last psych sac. I scored 44/45, which scales to a 29/30 for vcaa. I aced every part of the sac and only lost one mark on the 10 marker. My teacher said my ER was one of, if not the best in the cohort (nobody got 10/10 for it). All I needed to do to ace the sac was to write a concluding statement which addressed the audience of the question, which I was going to do before I ran out of time. I'll still gladly take the 29/30 as I now know that I'm either rank 3/4 in the cohort. Very very happy with this sac result. In terms of the next sac, it's week 8, the same week as my economics sac. The content for this AOS is rather interesting as it focuses on states of consciousness and sleep, both of which I seem to have a growing curiosity about. Aiming for 28+/30 on the next sac.

Methods
Yeah soooo I got 15/25 on the last sac, which I thought I would've been happy with, but after looking at it I was quite disappointed to find out how many marks I missed just due to lack of time. I think I only answered 70% of the questions, and I scored a 60%, so not toooo bad I suppose. I'm content with the score, I was only hoping to pass anyway. Next sac is a 3 part sac from Wednesday - Friday. I've heard from past students that probability is one of the hardest methods topics but I'm honestly finding it okay. I think the data-analysis and standard deviation content from further last year has helped quite a lot with the distributions part of the content from methods. As with everything in methods, my goal is just to pass so that I can get a ss of 25. However I feel like I can do well (comparatively) on this sac, so I'm aiming for 17-18/25. I still haven't completed the sac prep but I'm planning to do that tomorrow, but I don't really know if ill be able to do it as I have English to do as well. In this case this may be one of the first times that I may prioritise methods revision over English.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As I expected the last few weeks of term are extremely busy. Methods sac this week, English sac next week, Psych and Eco sac the week following, and then trial exams the week following that. It's going to be a grind to say the least.

Scores
Spoiler
English
Sac 1 (Creative) - 29/30. Pretty happy with this one, but was still hoping for a 30/30.
Sac 2a (Single analysis) - 17/20. Disappointed. I thought I did well on this sac but apparently not. Also annoyed since this mark should've been scaled up due to comparative mark but my teacher did not change the mark.
Sac 2b (Comparative analysis) - 19/20. Very happy. I honestly thought I screwed this one up pretty bad so I was extremely happy with this mark.
Unit 3 - 92/100

Sac 4 (Oral + Statement of Intention) - 28/30, 9/10 (37/40). Very happy, felt like I deserved both scores.
Sac 5 (Comparative text response) - Hoping for 53+/60 to end over 90/100 for Unit 4

Psych
Sac 1 (The Nervous system/Stress) - 47/50. WoooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Extremely happy knowing that the work i put in paid off. However, feeling a bit nervous since on average other classes did way better than mine.
Sac 2 (Neural plasticity + processes of learning) - 23/25. Holy fucking shit I was hoping for around a 22-23/25 but I'm fuming right now as i'm suffering due to my teacher's mistakes
Sac 3 (Learning and memory)  - 34/35 --> 24.2/25. So fucking happy, the ward work paid off.
Unit 3 - 94/100

Sac 5 (Mental health and phobias) - 44/45 --> 29/30 - Absolutely stoked. After sac was hoping for over 40 but I exceeded my expectations. Had one of the best ER's of the cohort which I was proud of. Bit disappointed that I didn't ace it but nobody did.
Sac 6 (SOC and sleep) - Aiming for 28+/30

Eco
Sac 1 (Microeconomics) - 42.5/45 --> 37.77/40 . Pretty happy, was expecting lower.
Sac 2a (Macroeconomics + Growth) - 36/40 --> 13.5/15. Pretty happy considering I had to cut a few answers short due to time pressures
Sac 2b (Low inflation + full employment) - 32.5/35 -->13.9/15. Extremely fucking happy. Thought I screwed up but I didn't so yaaaaaaaay
Sac 3 (Australia and the world economy) - 27.5/30. Very happy, hard work paid off, 2nd highest score in cohort by a mile
Unit 3 - 92-93/100

Sac 4 (AD factors) - 46/49 --> 56/60 - I'll have to live with it. The highest mark on this sac was 58/60, may have moved up or down rankings, not sure.
Sac 5 (AS factors) - Week 8, aiming for 37+/40.

Methods
Sac 1 (50% coursework, graphs and stuff?) - 36/50. Well I greatly exceeded my expectations, so nothing to complain about. On top of the world!!!!!
Sac 2 (25% coursework, calculus and stuff) - 15/25. Was aiming to pass so I'm content, but could have done better if I worked quicker.
Sac 3 (25% coursework, probability) - As with everything in methods, my goal is just to pass so that I can get a ss of 25. However I feel like I can do well (comparatively) on this sac, so I'm aiming for 17-18/25.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 08:03:20 pm by NomotivationF »
(Mobile - 0435076426)

My journey through VCE

ATAR - 97.5

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2019, 06:39:55 am »
Do all teenagers have problems?

what do you mean by that? i mean... in a general sense, yeah. everyone has something going on.

NomotivationF

• Forum Obsessive
  • Serial procrastinator
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2019, 01:51:33 pm »
+8
General
All my sacs are over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Crazy feeling knowing all that's left to determine my ATAR are 5 exams.

Also, TRIAL EXAMS NEXT WEEK WTFFFF. English exam tuesday, economics wednesday, mehtods thursday and psych on friday. Gonna be a griiinnnnnnd because my school uses trials to split rankings up (very tight at the top end of psych and eco cohort.)

And also, I finalised my preferences!! This is what it looks like currently, I doubt it'll change much;
1 Commerce/Science - Monash University   
2 Commerce/Arts - Monash University   
3 Arts/Teaching (Graduate degree package) - University Of Melbourne
4 Science/Arts - Monash University     
5 Commerce/Finance - Monash University
6 Commerce - Monash University   
7 Science - Monash University     
8 Nursing - Monash University

English
Going into the comparative sac I was not very confident, given I was suuuuper lazy by not reading the books. However, prior to the sac I wrote two practice essays that my teacher said were decent... I did rework them however and tried to remember quotes/evidence for each paragraph. Unfortunately, once I got into the sac I forgot most of my analysis for the quotes that I remembered so I sorta had to wing it, which isn't something I usually have the skill to do. Despite this, I'm hoping for at least a 50/60, I'll be quite disappointed if I don't get this.

Economics
The AS policy sac was extremely time-pressured, however I knew this going into the sac so I was able to speed through the sac and juuuust finish with 30 seconds to go. Even though I rushed through this sac, I've never been more confident about acing a sac, so I hope I can score 34+/35, which will scale to 39/40 for VCAA. 

Psychology
I was extremely over prepared going into the sac and I thought I would smash it. Unfortunately there were a few questions that even though I knew all the content for, I wasn't sure what to answer with, which resulted in me over-writing and probably screwing the questions up. Going into it I was aiming for a 28/30 but ill be content with anything over 26/30 now.

Methods
I actually reckon I went pretty well on the sac, by my standards at least. I know I screwed up some of the easier questions, but I really think I can get over 17/25 for this one, which is what I was hoping for going into it.

Scores
Spoiler
English
Unit 3 - 92/100

Sac 4 (Oral + Statement of Intention) - 28/30, 9/10 (37/40). Very happy, felt like I deserved both scores.
Sac 5 (Comparative text response) - Forgot analysis, disappointed if not over 50/60

Psych
Unit 3 - 94/100

Sac 5 (Mental health and phobias) - 44/45 --> 29/30 - Absolutely stoked. After sac was hoping for over 40 but I exceeded my expectations. Had one of the best ER's of the cohort which I was proud of. Bit disappointed that I didn't ace it but nobody did.
Sac 6 (SOC and sleep) - Kinda fucked a few questions, will be really pissed if i don't get at least 26/30

Eco
Unit 3 - 94/100 (Not actually sure about my total, depends if scores are rounded up before being added up.)

Sac 4 (AD factors) - 46/49 --> 56/60 - I'll have to live with it. The highest mark on this sac was 58/60, may have moved up or down rankings, not sure.
Sac 5 (AS factors) - Very confident, hoping for 34+/35, which scales to 39/40

Methods
Sac 1 (50% coursework, graphs and stuff?) - 36/50. Well I greatly exceeded my expectations, so nothing to complain about. On top of the world!!!!!
Sac 2 (25% coursework, calculus and stuff) - 15/25. Was aiming to pass so I'm content, but could have done better if I worked quicker.
Sac 3 (25% coursework, probability) - Actually reckon I went well, think I can get over 17/25
« Last Edit: September 07, 2019, 01:57:18 pm by NomotivationF »
(Mobile - 0435076426)

My journey through VCE

ATAR - 97.5

pugs

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +27
« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2019, 05:16:30 pm »
+1
General
All my sacs are over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Crazy feeling knowing all that's left to determine my ATAR are 5 exams.
ahh i know right! this is what frightens me!!! zksdajsdsdfghjklzxcvbnm

2019 vce journal here

NomotivationF

• Forum Obsessive
  • Serial procrastinator
« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2019, 06:24:51 pm »
+5
ahh i know right! this is what frightens me!!! zksdajsdsdfghjklzxcvbnm

I know It's insane!!! 14-15 years of schooling coming to an end!!!! and dare I say it but I've already completed two practice exams for psych (which my teacher refuses to answer questions about because they aren't 'due' for two weeks.
(Mobile - 0435076426)

My journey through VCE

ATAR - 97.5

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2019, 06:55:29 pm »
+1
which my teacher refuses to answer questions about because they aren't 'due' for two weeks
that would frustrate me SO MUCH!!

NomotivationF

• Forum Obsessive
  • Serial procrastinator
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2019, 08:02:23 pm »
+2
that would frustrate me SO MUCH!!

Oh yeah, I felt like I was gonna explode when my teacher said that because I worked really hard to get those exams finished just so I could get them marked. It's okay though, because I think after the break ends all psych teachers will be relatively free to any student, so I may start getting feedback from different teachers
(Mobile - 0435076426)

My journey through VCE

ATAR - 97.5

pugs

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +27
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2019, 08:52:06 pm »
+1
I know It's insane!!! 14-15 years of schooling coming to an end!!!! and dare I say it but I've already completed two practice exams for psych (which my teacher refuses to answer questions about because they aren't 'due' for two weeks.
omg you have the study mindset i aspire to have
but the heck !!!! what kind of logic is that ?!¿! surely you should be able to get answers if you finish early -,-

2019 vce journal here

NomotivationF

• Forum Obsessive
  • Serial procrastinator
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2019, 10:02:43 pm »
+4
HOLY CRAP. I GENUINELY FORGOT I HAVE AN ENGLISH TRIAL EXAM TOMORROW FIAEUGDFBAWDWAB.
so all in all
Negatives;
- I'm screwed
- I don't remember how to write a response to my single text book or comparative books
- I forgot how to write an analysing arguemnt
- I don't remember any quotes/evidence (even though I did a comparative sac two weeks ago).
- I feel like crying
- Panic
- I'm going to sit in the exam room for 3 hours without writing anything

Positives;
- I have two spares tomorrow morning to get my head in order and remember quotes

And on top of that, I have an Eco trial exam wednesday, methods thusday and psych thursday. Tbh i'm confident for eco and psych.
(Mobile - 0435076426)

My journey through VCE

ATAR - 97.5

Geoo

• MOTM: DEC 19
  • Forum Leader
  • Class of 2020
  • Respect: +685
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2019, 11:13:34 pm »
+3
All I can say is good luck, keep your head up and RIP......

2020: VCE 93.2
2022: BSci/Arts (Chemistry/Pharmacology and French)@Monash