Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 08:47:09 am

Author Topic: TyErd's Questions pleaseee! :)  (Read 2886 times)  Share 

TyErd

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +1
Re: TyErd's Questions pleaseee! :)
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2010, 06:29:07 pm »
yes that is right! but I dont get why you did that first step. Is that like a formula or something?
"Don’t ever let somebody tell you you can’t do something, not even me.  Alright?  You got a dream, you gotta protect it.  People can’t do something themselves, they wanna tell you you can’t do it.  If you want something, go get it, period." - Chris Gardner

Cthulhu

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2010, 07:16:18 pm »
I honestly can't remember; it's been so long since I've been told why I just do it these days. If I remember I'll let you know.

TyErd

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2010, 10:28:24 pm »
Is the resistor R1 and R2 in parallel with the voltage supply or is it only R1 that is in parallel
"Don’t ever let somebody tell you you can’t do something, not even me.  Alright?  You got a dream, you gotta protect it.  People can’t do something themselves, they wanna tell you you can’t do it.  If you want something, go get it, period." - Chris Gardner

TyErd

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2010, 10:54:47 pm »
help?

/0

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +45
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2010, 11:36:57 pm »
R1 is in parallel with (R2 and R3).
The battery is in series with all the resistors.

Forgotten most of the applied electronics, only the theory remains :/

TyErd

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2010, 12:01:37 am »
so that means R1 has 12V and R2 and R3 shares 12V between them correct?

/0

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2010, 12:20:24 am »
yep

TrueTears

• TT
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +667
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2010, 12:29:59 am »
For Q1, as an example try graphing and on your calculator. Note that becomes the 'amplitude' of .

A similar thing is happening here. The left graph is like the 'amplitude' and the right graph is a sine graph. If you had an equation for the left graph you could just multiply it by sin(x) to get the resultant graph.

So it's not like you're adding or subtracting. It's more like you're multiplying the two graphs.

And for Q2, yes, if you wanted to order them in increasing resistivity you would reverse the order. This question is just definitions.
thats what models damping waves right?
PhD @ MIT (Economics).

Interested in asset pricing, econometrics, and social choice theory.

/0

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2010, 01:23:54 am »
Yeah it's similar, except with damping you might have a negative exponent.

TyErd

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2010, 01:38:57 am »
TrueTears what study scores did you get for each of your subjects?

TyErd

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2010, 10:54:36 am »
Question1:What is the peak voltage recieved at the voltage regulator?

Question2: When a cathode ray oscilloscope was placed across points A and B the Vpeak-peak ripple was
determined to be 3.0 V. what is the average power dissipated across the voltage regulator?

« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 11:01:46 am by TyErd »

TyErd

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2010, 02:20:44 pm »
The natural length of the bungee cord is 10m
Sam stops falling and first comes to rest momentarily when the length of the bungee cord is 18metres. Height of the tower was calculated to be 19.6metres

What is the spring constant of the bungee cord?

what I did was: after free falling 10metres the gravitational potential would be 70*10*9.6=6720. then equate that to 0.5kx^2, so 6720=0.5k*8^2, thus k=210N/m.
I was absolutely confident my solution was correct but turns out it isnt.

What have i done wrong?

Akirus

« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2010, 02:52:27 pm »
You didn't account for the kinetic energy.

TyErd

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2010, 03:04:01 pm »
oh yeaaa! thankyou!

TyErd

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2010, 06:41:29 pm »
Help on this one pleasssse :)