Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 25, 2024, 04:17:23 am

Author Topic: PHYSICISTS ARE PEOPLE TOO  (Read 4531 times)  Share 

appianway

Re: PHYSICISTS ARE PEOPLE TOO
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2010, 09:33:30 pm »
In Fundamentals of Physics there were diagrams of penguins being towed up slopes and shot out of cannons
Great book; I love it. It was my textbook last year. The penguin questions are the greatest.

Hey, I just borrowed the set from my Physics teacher today!!! (halliday/resnick/walker?)
Where are these penguin questions??? :D
Question 50 of chapter 5
Question 20 of chapter 6
and theres a few more but I cannot find them atm
In Fundamentals of Physics there were diagrams of penguins being towed up slopes and shot out of cannons
Great book; I love it. It was my textbook last year. The penguin questions are the greatest.

Hey, I just borrowed the set from my Physics teacher today!!! (halliday/resnick/walker?)
Where are these penguin questions??? :D
Isn't that a uni textbook?
Uni/Advanced high school physics and maybe Uni enhancement. It uses calculus a lot so it's not really VCE Physics 3/4 stuff.

Edit: The electromagnetism related chapters are fucking hardcore.

Olympiad uses the Halliday, Resnick and Krane version which has slightly different questions. I actually found the EM problem solving questions a bit easier than some of the other chapters - I've done them more recently, so perhaps I'm just improving at physics...

the.watchman

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +10
Re: PHYSICISTS ARE PEOPLE TOO
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2010, 09:37:08 pm »
Olympiad uses the Halliday, Resnick and Krane version which has slightly different questions. I actually found the EM problem solving questions a bit easier than some of the other chapters - I've done them more recently, so perhaps I'm just improving at physics...

Oh ok, well this will do! Some light reading for the next few months! :D
Remember, remember the 5th of November

2010 - MM CAS (47) - Cisco 1+2 (pass :P)
2011 - Eng - Phys - Chem - Spesh - Latin - UMAT
ATAR - 99.00+ plz... :)

Feel free to PM me for anything :D