Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 10:47:56 am

Author Topic: Liverpool  (Read 21176 times)

eeps

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +343
Re: Liverpool
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2010, 08:35:02 pm »
yeh i have to say..not the same United as they once were...no money in the club for new players..they sold ronaldo for what 80mil...where did that go

Sir Alex doesn't want to spend big I suppose, rather focusing on more cheaper youth players (i.e. Smalling, Bebe etc) =P

Encouraging to see Hargreaves back...hamstring shouldn't keep him out for too long... hopefully he returns this decade!

LOL yeah, Hargreaves hasn't played a full game in ages and when he does, he somehow always seems to get injured.

MBBS

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2010, 08:37:59 pm »
yeh i have to say..not the same United as they once were...no money in the club for new players..they sold ronaldo for what 80mil...where did that go

THE GLAZERS!!!!!! don't want to spend big I suppose, rather focusing on more cheaper youth players (i.e. Smalling, Bebe etc) =P

Encouraging to see Hargreaves back...hamstring shouldn't keep him out for too long... hopefully he returns this decade!

LOL yeah, Hargreaves hasn't played a full game in ages (28 MONTHS) and when he does, he somehow always seems to get injured.

Fixed it for you

Stig

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: -3
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2010, 08:38:03 pm »
van der sar is like 95 years old...no replacement...giggs 55 years old....scholes 45 dog years old...neville died at 45....these players need replacing

MBBS

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2010, 08:39:45 pm »
VDS is 40, not too old for a keeper. Scholes is going to be replaced by erm... Anderson?

Giggs is still quality. We still have a year or two left of the evergreen, fantastic Mr.Giggs!

MBBS

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2010, 08:40:26 pm »
Neville has been replaced by Rafael and Fabio????

G.Neville only plays in Carling Cup and that!

eeps

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2010, 08:43:24 pm »
Blame the Glazers. Fucking cunts. There was a time, not so long ago, when playing at Old Trafford meant you hoped you wouldn't lose too badly. When the game was over in the first 20 mins. These days, teams come to our ground and outplay us. That's just not Manchester United.

Considering Manchester United are in serious debt, I think the Glazers are trying to save money. They don't want to blow out the debt any further by paying players massive wages and huge transfer fees to clubs and so on. Though as the game evolves, it is true, if Manchester United don't buy any key/star players into their team, they may fall from the top tier of English Football.

Teams coming to Old Trafford no longer fear MU, because they have lost key players in the past two seasons and teams are finding it easier to break down MU.

Stig

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2010, 08:43:44 pm »
these players are no where near the quality of the players they are replacing

eeps

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2010, 08:47:30 pm »
these players are no where near the quality of the players they are replacing

True. As like Chelsea, some MU players are aging. Though goalkeepers are the exception, they can play into their mid 40's. David James is like 41~42 or something and still playing.

My suspicion is that Arsenal will be at the forefront of English Football in the next few years, with a good crop of youngsters - players like Wilshere, Ramsey, Walcott, Fabregas etc who are all relatively young.

Stig

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2010, 08:49:56 pm »
yeh arsenal look set..but for some reason they've had many years like this and failed to capitalize...eventhough they won many titles...they could have won more

eeps

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2010, 08:56:00 pm »
yeh arsenal look set..but for some reason they've had many years like this and failed to capitalize...eventhough they won many titles...they could have won more

LOL Arsene Wenger calls it "maturity". When they win he goes "We have matured and grown", when Arsenal lose he goes "We were not mature today.." and so on. Playing attractive football can only get you so far, it's about winning trophies - if only Arsenal were like Barca.

MBBS

« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2010, 09:40:58 pm »
Lol. Big claims your making there. Anderson is unproven but Rafael is miles ahead of any defensive player his age really. The glazers are the reason we are in debt mate. They took out a loan to buy the club and now we are paying that loan. Manchester united have not finished outside the top 3 is 20 years. FWIW our team in 05 was ear worse than the current crop. United will continue to dominate for years to come. Sadly, modern football is decided on a club's ability to generate income. We have the largest stadium and the widest fanbase globally. United isnt going anywhere.

pirocan1

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2010, 07:00:25 pm »
Liverpool fkn disgraceful against Stoke..

eeps

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2010, 07:02:36 pm »
Liverpool fkn disgraceful against Stoke..

It's annoying how they can beat Chelsea one week, then lose to Stoke the next.

MBBS

« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2010, 07:11:47 pm »
Liverpool, a pleasure to watch. Aiding United's title race, then making fools of themselves the next week.

Well done Woy Hodgson!

eeps

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2010, 09:50:34 pm »
Liverpool, a pleasure to watch. Aiding United's title race, then making fools of themselves the next week.

Well done Woy Hodgson!

Chelsea are still in front of MU by 3 points, and haven't played Sunderland yet. =P

I think it's going to be between MU and Chelsea for title, as it has been for a few years now.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 10:21:29 pm by EPL.11.4ever. »