Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 12:57:04 pm

Author Topic: Help With essay  (Read 874 times)  Share 

Jacob787

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Help With essay
« on: June 17, 2018, 07:04:30 pm »
Hey There,
I am doing a practice essay on "That we Should introduce an inheritance tax" and I was wondering if Some of yous could write some examples of Intros and Body parapgraphs.
Thanks

OZLexico

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +8
Re: Help With essay
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2018, 10:02:49 pm »
+2
I don't know much about your topic but to help get your thoughts organised you might try a few trial topic sentences that you can build on e.g. if you are in favour of this tax ... why would that be? Who is likely to be directly (and indirectly) affected by it? Maybe it could allow the government to "capture" enormous amounts of money from a small number of affected individuals (a bit like the mining super profits tax?). Maybe the result of this would be that there would be more government funds available for e.g. welfare, homelessness, education, health. Another reason might be that this could avoid the accumulation of valuable assets and have the effect of "redistributing wealth" (?). If you're opposed to this new tax why would you feel that way? Is this a logical response to a tax or an emotional one? Are people opposed to a new tax like this going to just look greedy? Are there anecdotes about how this tax might be applied or existing guidelines about it? Will it really achieve anything worthwhile? (or will the clever accountants find a way to avoid it?)... and have you done a google search about it?