Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 03:02:06 pm

Author Topic: Studies of Religion: Discussion, Questions & Potential Solutions  (Read 1233 times)

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes

This thread is for all exam related discussion. Was it easy? Was it hard? What did you get for 'that' tough question?? Feel free to pop any and all of your thoughts below.

If you don't have an ATAR Notes account yet, no stress! Register for free here!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 11:06:41 pm by jamonwindeyer »

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

charlottemchenry

• Forum Regular
Re: Studies of Religion: Discussion, Questions & Potential Solutions
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2018, 12:45:10 pm »
Final exam!!!

A few tricky multiple choice but the rest of the exam was so good. Only issue was that the essay question being on all three meant I went right to time and wasn’t making as much sense at the end but hopefully it was ok.
HSC 2018 - Standard English [88] || Mathematics [89] || Biology [89] || Chemistry [83] || Legal Studies [92] || Studies of Religion 1 [45]

Atar:

UTS 2019 - Bachelor of Advanced Science (Infection and Immunity) and Bachelor of Creative Intelligence and Innovation

annabeljxde

• Forum Regular
  • 𝗷𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗹𝗮𝘇𝘆 𝗲𝗴𝗴
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2018, 01:45:56 pm »
The multiple choice questions I think were quite difficult compared to those of past years, and some of the options were worded weirdly so I was thrown off by some of those.

Question 11 hit me in the face because I did not expect it and it asked for two religions and the effect of immigration since 1945... it took me a while to remember some statistics but I eventually got it in the end.

I was DREADING a broad essay question and I was hoping and praying that if it was Islam, hajj and if it was Christianity, then bioethics or Baptism. But the Islam essay question was a ‘To what extent’, so I went for the easy option and did the open-ended Christianity question.

Overall a struggle no doubt, considering this is my first ever HSC exam and my hands were shaking throughout!  :-[
HSC 2018: Studies of Religion 1
HSC 2019: English Advanced | Biology | Chemistry | Mathematics | Mathematics Ext.1

my hsc studygram: @orenji.study

owidjaja

• National Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Bibliophile. Stationery addict.
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2018, 01:59:38 pm »
The multiple choice was alright but there were some questions I wasn't sure with. But I was thrown off by the 5-mark question about immigration and two religious traditions. I kinda went on about the decline of Christianity and the rise of Eastern religions like Buddhism and Hinduism but then went on about the increase of secularisation. The short answers were alright but my ethics response felt a bit repetitive. As for the essay, I talked about how St Paul and Christian ethical teachings guide adherents and analysed the two components.
2018 HSC: English Advanced | Mathematics | Physics | Modern History | History Extension | Society and Culture | Studies of Religion I

ATAR: 93.60

2019: Aerospace Engineering (Hons)  @ UNSW