Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 08:01:57 am

Author Topic: Favourite stationery/school supplies?  (Read 2088 times)

sunbunbri

• Adventurer
  • 好好学习,天天向上!Study hard & you will improve!
  • Respect: +10
Favourite stationery/school supplies?
« on: October 14, 2018, 06:43:41 pm »
+6
Hi all,
I was just writing to see if there are any others on here who are really big fans of stationery, supplies and school-related equipment. I find that having cute, nice, yet inexpensive school supplies really motivates me to work hard.
I am going into year 12 as of tomorrow and am very excited, what did you guys keep in your pencil cases? What were your favourite notebooks? Best brands? I would love to know!

My favourites are the following:
- Muji 0.5 ballpoint pen: ink dries quicky, very smooth nib, the ink is relatively pigmented and only $1.50
- Muji black eraser: erases everything, hardly gives off any eraser dust
- Daiso thin highlighters: they come in a pack of 5 and are very slim in the body, unlike other highlighter brands! Also, they're only $2.80 for a 5 pack  ;D
- Studymate note books: I honestly like these books, the paper isn't too thin and they're so well priced. I usually get a 64 page one for the start of every term and keep handouts in a seperate folder.
- Sticky notes from daiso: again $2.80 /pack and their selection is always cute and colourful!

I hope this is helpful or interests anyone else also!
HSC 2019: Adv Eng (89), Ext Eng 1 (46), Ext Eng 2 (44), Modern History (86) Society & Culture (95), Chinese Continuers (89) & Chinese Ext (43).

ATAR:   94.30

2020: Bachelor of Education (secondary) & Bachelor of Arts - English & History @ USYD

angewina_naguen

• HSC Lecturer
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Musical Theatre Tragic And Ultimate Pun Generator
  • Respect: +1026
Re: Favourite stationery/school supplies?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2018, 06:58:35 pm »
+4
Hey, sunbunbri!  :D

Welcome to the forums! Firstly, K-on is one of my favourite animes of all time  ;D I picked up bass for a period of time and I was inspired to form a rock band in my senior years so just a fun fact there  ;D

I love the stationary suggestions you have listed! Muji and Daiso have some of the best stationary options and the ones you have listed are great price-wise too  :D Some of my other favourite supplies include some of those you have listed and a few others;

- TL-027 pens! They are the thinnest things but my goodness, do they make my handwriting look gorgeous  ;D ;D I would stock up on these whenever I'm in Vietnam when they're barely 20 cents a pen.
- The FriXion collection for Pilot Pen. Gel pens and high-quality highlighters are my weakness when it comes to creating handwritten notes and I love the erasable function of them! Although sometimes they do smudge, I like the stream of ink that comes out of the highlighters and felt tip pens.
- NotebookTherapy's sticky notes! They have a great variety to select from and I always get super excited using them when I get them in the mail  ;D

Great that we can share interests in stationary here  ;D
-HSC 2018-

-ATAR-

-UNI 2019-2022-
Bachelor of Music (Music Education) at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music

sunbunbri

• Adventurer
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2018, 07:11:05 pm »
+2
Hey, sunbunbri!  :D

Welcome to the forums! Firstly, K-on is one of my favourite animes of all time  ;D I picked up bass for a period of time and I was inspired to form a rock band in my senior years so just a fun fact there  ;D

I love the stationary suggestions you have listed! Muji and Daiso have some of the best stationary options and the ones you have listed are great price-wise too  :D Some of my other favourite supplies include some of those you have listed and a few others;

- TL-027 pens! They are the thinnest things but my goodness, do they make my handwriting look gorgeous  ;D ;D I would stock up on these whenever I'm in Vietnam when they're barely 20 cents a pen.
- The FriXion collection for Pilot Pen. Gel pens and high-quality highlighters are my weakness when it comes to creating handwritten notes and I love the erasable function of them! Although sometimes they do smudge, I like the stream of ink that comes out of the highlighters and felt tip pens.
- NotebookTherapy's sticky notes! They have a great variety to select from and I always get super excited using them when I get them in the mail  ;D

Great that we can share interests in stationary here  ;D

Hi, angewina!
Cute stationery is great, isn't it?
I also love k-on! Hence the profile pic! We share so much in common.
I have never heard of the two pens you've mentioned but I will check them out for sure!
Sticky notes are just the best, I will be sure to take a look at Notebook Therapy's selection.
Thanks for the reply.
HSC 2019: Adv Eng (89), Ext Eng 1 (46), Ext Eng 2 (44), Modern History (86) Society & Culture (95), Chinese Continuers (89) & Chinese Ext (43).

2020: Bachelor of Education (secondary) & Bachelor of Arts - English & History @ USYD

Owlbird83

• BLAA 2020
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +785
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2018, 07:43:08 pm »
+3
I love Japanese stationary! I went to Japan these holidays with the intention of buying a lot of pens. I have the same ones as you, the muji 0.5 ones and also some from Daiso. I have mechanical pencils too but i don't know the brands. I like mono erasers. I also have some pastel highlighters from Daiso. :)
2018: Biology
2019: Chemistry, Physics, Math Methods, English, Japanese
2020: Bachelor of Psychology (Monash)

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2018, 09:14:28 pm »
+1

I have  two muji .5s which I use for bullet journaling (haven't actually done anything with that in ages.. woops). When I handwrite notes I use Stabilo .4 fineliners and mechanical pencils (some are .5 and some are .7) . For exams I like to use PaperMate inkjoys because I can write quickly without hand fatigue using them.  I also take a standard greylead into exams for multichoice as it's quicker to shade the bubble with them.

I never really use highlighters strangely enough, I instead differentiate based on colour, font, underline etc.

sunbunbri

• Adventurer
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2018, 09:44:42 pm »
+2
I love Japanese stationary! I went to Japan these holidays with the intention of buying a lot of pens. I have the same ones as you, the muji 0.5 ones and also some from Daiso. I have mechanical pencils too but i don't know the brands. I like mono erasers. I also have some pastel highlighters from Daiso. :)
Japanese stationery is the best, muji and daiso are great places to get such things. Also Korean stationery can be really nice too, I recommend morning glory!
The infamous mono eraser shown in every high school slice of life anime! I want one now haha!

NowYouTseMe

• MOTM: JUL 18
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: +16
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2018, 10:59:12 pm »
I personally love Uni Jetstreams and Pentel Energel pens but that's just because they let me write fast. By far my favourite (and most expensive oops) pen that I use daily is my beloved Uni Jetstream Alpha Gel Grip which I use with the Pentel Energel ink capsule (weird, I know). This pen in particular is super comfortable to use in exams because of the squishy grip, well weighted so I have more control and is just super nice like it looks fancy. Other brands of great Japanese stationery that I've used before are Zebra Sarasa pens and Uni Signo pens which are good but just not my preference.

In terms of general stationery, I used expanding file folders instead of binders to store my books and sheets throughout the year as I have found that using binders damages a lot of my sheets and that they're just not as durable.
HSC 2016
Information Processes and Technology: 90

HSC 2018
Advanced English: 95 | Extension 1 English: 47 | Extension 2 English: 42 | Legal Studies: 95 | Modern History: 94 | French Continuers: 84 | Mathematics Advanced: 89

LAT 2018: 88 (90th Percentile)

ATAR: 98.05