Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 11:46:27 pm

Author Topic: VCE Subjects next year as a year 11  (Read 3491 times)  Share 

ReptilianV

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
VCE Subjects next year as a year 11
« on: July 07, 2020, 08:16:05 am »
Hey VCE community, I was just wondering if I could get some help on my vce subjects. I am currently in year 10 wanting to do legal studies as a 3/4 next year. My other VCE subjects are Spec, Methods, English, Chem and French. I was wondering, even with those subjects is it possible to do medicine when I go to uni?

Ionic Doc

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +212
Re: VCE Subjects next year as a year 11
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2020, 09:32:44 am »
Hey VCE community, I was just wondering if I could get some help on my vce subjects. I am currently in year 10 wanting to do legal studies as a 3/4 next year. My other VCE subjects are Spec, Methods, English, Chem and French. I was wondering, even with those subjects is it possible to do medicine when I go to uni?

Yes, although if you get accepted into medicine you will most likely have to do a biology bridging course(during the summer holidays I'm pretty sure) before you commence the course.

Edit: You also have to sit the UCAT sometime during year 12 as well.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 09:34:31 am by Ionic Doc »
2019/2020 - Psychology | Biology | Chemistry | Methods | Further | English
2021 - Science @ Melbourne University

Jimmmy

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +154
Re: VCE Subjects next year as a year 11
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2020, 01:38:05 pm »
+1
I am a great advocate of Legal Studies in VCE, but if Medicine is your interest I'd strongly recommend doing it in VCE to;

a) get a better grasp of biology concepts.
b) see if you actually want to do medicine with a more all-encompassing understanding.
c) won't have to do the summer holidays bridging course (you'll find out that after Year 12 ends, having a break is usually top of the list).
2018 - 2019 (VCE): English Language, Maths Methods, Legal Studies, Global Politics, Business Management (2018), Philosophy
2020 - 2024: Bachelor of Laws (Honours)/Bachelor of Commerce @ Monash University