Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 12:27:36 am

Author Topic: Monash General Chat  (Read 1406580 times)  Share 

Mohammad26

• Victorian
  • Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
  • School: BHHS
Re: Monash General Chat
« Reply #5010 on: January 30, 2017, 03:34:00 pm »
Hey, can someone help me with what are the prerequisite units for medicine that Melbourne uni wants if you're doing biomed in monash and you want to try to get into medicine at melb.
So if you're doing biomed Monash, do you meet the prerequisite for Melb uni or do you have to take some prerequisite units as your electives? if yes, what are those units in Monash?

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
« Reply #5011 on: January 30, 2017, 03:42:11 pm »
+3
Hey, can someone help me with what are the prerequisite units for medicine that Melbourne uni wants if you're doing biomed in monash and you want to try to get into medicine at melb.
So if you're doing biomed Monash, do you meet the prerequisite for Melb uni or do you have to take some prerequisite units as your electives? if yes, what are those units in Monash?
I'm pretty sure the biomed core subjects at monash cover the biochem, anatomy & physiology prerequisites for MD at UoM.

Mohammad26

• Victorian
  • Fresh Poster
  • School: BHHS
« Reply #5012 on: February 01, 2017, 04:33:11 pm »
I'm pretty sure the biomed core subjects at monash cover the biochem, anatomy & physiology prerequisites for MD at UoM.

Thank you  :)

Coffee

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +322
« Reply #5013 on: February 13, 2017, 07:42:43 pm »
Stupid question but I just bought an MSA card online and it didn't ask me for a postal address so how am I supposed to receive it LOL?

AngelWings

• ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +1425
« Reply #5014 on: February 13, 2017, 07:47:38 pm »
+1
Stupid question but I just bought an MSA card online and it didn't ask me for a postal address so how am I supposed to receive it LOL?

When you're next on campus, go and check out the MSA counter. At Clayton, it's the MSA counter on first floor of Campus Centre or in the MSA area on ground floor of the same building. They should essentially stick an MSA sticker on your Monash card, which will be the card you're looking for. (It should be similar for other campuses, just different locations.)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 07:51:14 pm by AngelWings »
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread

Coffee

• Forum Leader
« Reply #5015 on: February 13, 2017, 07:51:19 pm »
+1
When you're next on campus (I'm assuming you're Clayton campus here), go and check out the MSA counter. At Clayton, it's the MSA counter on first floor of Campus Centre or in the MSA area on ground floor of the same building. They should essentially stick an MSA sticker on your Monash card, which will be the card you're looking for.
Perfect! Thank you :) I'm guessing it's fine if I just organise it sometime next week then during orientation? Do you know if I need to bring any sort of proof of purchase or will they be able to follow that up with my ID number?

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
« Reply #5016 on: February 13, 2017, 07:52:54 pm »
What are the best events to go to for o-week? (the ones which are open to all courses)

Reposting because it was gonna get buried  :P
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 08:00:37 pm by Sine »

AngelWings

• ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +1425
« Reply #5017 on: February 13, 2017, 10:32:04 pm »
+2
Perfect! Thank you :) I'm guessing it's fine if I just organise it sometime next week then during orientation? Do you know if I need to bring any sort of proof of purchase or will they be able to follow that up with my ID number?
Yeah, it's fine. Just rock up and generally just tell them. I can't remember if they had a list of members on their database or if you needed to show anything for proof of purchase, but I doubt it. I think it was just show them your ID card, they scan it and then they stick the sticker on it for you.

What are the best events to go to for o-week? (the ones which are open to all courses)

Reposting because it was gonna get buried  :P
Generally my opinion is that in O Week, go to your faculty's orientation session and then check out the clubs. (You'll find them on the lawn behind Campus Centre if you're at Clayton.) Other good events are generally a Host Scheme camp/ event or other similar social events, if you're interested.  Some like the library/ campus tours as well if you're not familiar with your campus.
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
« Reply #5018 on: February 18, 2017, 10:41:08 pm »
hey monash squad  :P

So I was wondering about some stuff about O-week.

Other than the events in the "orientation planner" will all the days of o-week be the same? (i.e all the stuff not enclosed in the orientation planner will be the same on each day of o-week)

thanks

keltingmeith

• Honorary Moderator
  • he/him - they is also fine
  • Respect: +1292
« Reply #5019 on: February 18, 2017, 11:53:40 pm »
hey monash squad  :P

So I was wondering about some stuff about O-week.

Other than the events in the "orientation planner" will all the days of o-week be the same? (i.e all the stuff not enclosed in the orientation planner will be the same on each day of o-week)

thanks

Not necessarily. But the majority of the festival and club stuff should be the same each day, but you might find on Thursday that clubs have started to run out of freebies.

jazzaa36

• Forum Regular
« Reply #5020 on: February 19, 2017, 01:42:44 pm »
Pretty stupid question.. but how long do we have until we can submit a picture for our id? I just realised now that i haven't sent one lmao  ;D

Coffee

• Forum Leader
« Reply #5021 on: February 19, 2017, 02:21:44 pm »
Stupid question but, whereabouts on the Clayton campus is there access to a kettle? I just want to make some tea. :'(

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +86
« Reply #5022 on: February 19, 2017, 02:23:32 pm »
Pretty stupid question.. but how long do we have until we can submit a picture for our id? I just realised now that i haven't sent one lmao  ;D

Could be wrong, but I was told you should have your ID before semester starts (not sure if it means having your m-pass too). Submit it now, wait for it to be approved, then when you have a spare moment to go to Monash Connect during an orientation session this week, pick it up. Else, go get one taken as its being printed. Fairly quick process so would try to get it out the way now so you at least have the card.
2017~2020 (Monash) | BA, BA(Hons)Psy
2021~ | job! - AN hiatus, it's been fun here (:

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +1536
« Reply #5023 on: February 19, 2017, 02:28:00 pm »
Yeah you definitely should aim to have your ID card before the start of semester. O-week is a perfect time to visit Monash Connect and get it sorted. Pretty sure they still take photos there - I got my photo taken there and the card was issued straight away.

You just need your enrolment transaction number (on WES, starts with a U followed by a string of numbers) and another form of ID (e.g. a driving license).
Experience in teaching at both secondary and tertiary levels.

website // new forum profile

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
« Reply #5024 on: February 19, 2017, 03:43:47 pm »
Does anyone have any subjects uploaded to moodle?